(OLD)2nd Saturday of the Month Viper Owners Get Together - Malibu

Started by admin, February 05, 2007, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

excellent turn out today, 14 vipers, and a nice red viper truck!

Thanks for Breakfast PCH VIPER!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

OriginalRoot

HEY ! Lance, Check out Hemotox Post on page 6 the second one down :) I'm not crazy,

Where did you guy's go AFTER breakfast, The important part... .. . details please! ! ! joel

PCH VIPER

Quote from: OriginalRoot on August 11, 2007, 06:02:01 PM
  HEY ! Lance, Check out Hemotox Post on page 6 the second one down :) I'm not crazy,

Where did you guy's go AFTER breakfast, The important part... .. . details please! ! ! joel

;D  Yeah, Okay Joel, you were right...  but you ARE crazy....in a GOOD way  <1

No wine tasting today.   
We had a great turnout.     >2

Russ and Armen lead the pack on a great little run.  PCH to Latigo Canyon road.  I had a great time   <2.   Very few bikes and luckily no speed traps !
We got on Kanan Dune back to PCH where the OC guys headed back home and the others continued their run.

Armen's car sounded AWESOME !   I was 5 cars back from him and when he hit the gas.....let me tell you...I could hear the power !

I'll have the pictures up on my website shortly.    www.kouchicentral.com

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

By the way Thom,
I noticed that you DIDN'T show up and Pamela wasn't there either..........hmmmmmmmm.

;D

NK BREKR

Big thanks to Russ and Armen for leading us through Latigo Canyon.  Lance is absolutely right about Armen's Viper...it's sounds super vicious  <1.

Thanks for taking the pictures Lance.

PCH VIPER

PCH VIPER

Hey Armen,
Theres a spec of dirt on your motor.

Never mind...it was on my camera lens.

Kala

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Texas_Venom

Yeah Pam was tired so we decided to stay in and have a little alone time... LOL. I will make sure she has some energy to get out with us next time.  ^8

OriginalRoot

<9 I Got my Viper Back... .. . It rides Soooooooo Nice, and FLAT :)

Joel is Happy !

hemotox

8th of September is a coming, that is the 2nd Saturday and Joel has his viper back, which means no multi-colored leather coat, tight leather pants etc.  Just Joel.  Maybe we can get the blue viper out with all the new stuff on the 8th at Coogies'?  Hey Original Root?

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Texas_Venom

Well it looks like someone will have to drive pam for me this month. I think I threw a rod in the engine today driving up the 101. ^4 My Viper is sitting at Santa Barbara Dodge waiting to get checked out. I am guessing I wont have her back for a month or so. I will keep you all posted. Good news is I hear I might get a rebuilt engine from Arrow. I hear they are coming back stronger than from the factory.   ^5      I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Kala

Quote from: Texas_Venom on September 03, 2007, 08:24:26 PM
I think I threw a rod in the engine today driving up the 101. ^4  Good news is I hear I might get a rebuilt engine from Arrow. I hear they are coming back stronger than from the factory.   

That sucks Thom... Just curious if there was any warning... Or did your engine just quit?

On the main VCA board, there was someone who posted that the Arrow rebuild they got was awesome...
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Hey Thom, 

Sorry to hear that.  Hope it's not a rod.  If it is a rod, it is likely that your car was tracked in a previous life.  When you have your engine rebuilt, if it is necessary, make sure you get the upgraded 2008 oiling system when the engine goes back to gether.  The 2008 swing arm oil pick up and oil pan will prevent this type of stuff from happening again.

Dan <2

Kala

Quote from: ViperX on September 04, 2007, 11:41:41 AM
The 2008 swing arm oil pick up and oil pan will prevent this type of stuff from happening again.

I previously thought that oil starvation happened during hard G track like turns. Driving on the 101 thru Santa Barbara I can't think of a high G turn...

Is oiling more of an issue than we thought on a Gen III?

Sounds like this could have happened to any of us.