(OLD)2nd Saturday of the Month Viper Owners Get Together - Malibu

Started by admin, February 05, 2007, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OriginalRoot

K&W Gas Shocks, Fully Adjustable-Coil Over... .. . Spring Length and Rate is still the Issue ! !
  then Corner Weight,the Ride Height has been set( ? )... BUT- It looked a little High in the front, Too Me! ^4
And then Allignment

Phil, You are the MAN 8), I just may take you up on your offer... ..Thank You, joel.

hemotox

ViperX,

Man, I thought I had the most excuses in the club !!!    ^2

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

Hey Joel,
I dropped my car off on Monday to DCP and Dan called me on Wednesday morning to let me know it was done.
I saw your B/W sitting there and I thought the same thing... that the front end looked a bit high.   ???    Why is that?  From the shocks?

Hope they get it done by Sat.

Are we gonna make a run on Mulholland?  I hear they are really bearing down on the cruisers up there.  Is Denny or Big Joe going to be able to make it as well?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Texas_Venom

I am down for this weekend. Hope we are planning on making some kind of run. If not, where am I going to take Pamela Anderson after picking her up for breakfast??? >2

PCH VIPER

Hey Thom,
I hear she has a pretty nice place right on the beach !!!  ;)

Hope you had a good trip.....did you get to see the Diamondback ?   Pictures ?

hemotox

NK BREKR

Hey Eric,

We can cruise by her house in the Orange Viper, that way she won't release the hounds at the sight of the Bumble Bee Viper.  ^5

I'm looking forward to a nice cruise.

hemotox

Art,

That pumpkin Charlie Brown Viper will bring out all the local cats and dogs!  Bee Vipers look like flowers to them.  An PA is a blonde, I think, so she will naturally gravitate to the yellow viper, unless racecars is there, then who knows???

ViperX

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"K&W Gas Shocks, Fully Adjustable-Coil Over... .. . Spring Length and Rate is still the Issue ! !
  then Corner Weight,the Ride Height has been set( ? )... BUT- It looked a little High in the front, Too Me!  ^4
And then Allignment"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Joel,

I have found that 8-inch Eibac springs, 500 lbs front / 800 lbs rear work well on the GTS.  These are the spring rates that I run on my GTS and SRTs.  It's a compromise as it rides well on the street and on the track.  I put Motons on all three and love them.  K & W makes some good shocks too though I'm not sure if they are exactly the same size as the Motons, it is likely that they are.

As for ride height, your new springs will settle a bit, so they may start out a bit high.  My rule of thumb is if you can fit two fingers up front, three fingers at the rear between the fender lip and the top of the tire, you're good.  Any lower and you will rub over a bad bump at speed.

You should also have the car corner weighted and aligned.  I have found that an "aggessive street alignment" works best all around.  Not too much tire wear but a bit more negative camber than a straight street alignment.  There is a good article in our next magazine on Viper alignment / suspension.

Good luck,

Dan <2

Texas_Venom

Well I didnt get to make it to Texas for my trip. I have to much going on with a job/career transition in 6 months. So I didnt get to check out the Diamondback.
Well if Pamela likes orange or yellow I will be SOL.  ^7 I am hoping red will be her color for the day.  >4 Guess we will have to find out. See you all Saturday morning bright and early.

NK BREKR

Hey Thom,

She might like them fellers from Texas though  <1, you might still be in the running.  Is it Saturday yet????? <2

hemotox

PCH VIPER

Do you think we can get racecars to come all the way up from lovely San Diego to grace CooGies with his Big Brakes?   >7

PCH VIPER

I got an email from Joel this morning......his Viper is still not done, so he's putting on his fancy leathers and riding his 2 wheeler this weekend.

So besides Thom, who all is planning on going and who is going to lead us through the speed traps on Mulholland?

Lance

hemotox

OKay, I guess we'll all wonder again about OriginalRoot's fashion sense and preferences when it comes to tight leather pants, multi-colored coat and specialized head wear???  I am not sure anymore!!!  I guess he really likes wearing those leather pants! <9

NK BREKR

Hey Lance,

I'm definitely in...we should try to get Armen out, so he can lead the pack like he did in April and we can check out the work he did on the ACR.  Big Rob should come out too!