March 3 & 4 - Pantera OC at Willow Springs

Started by ViperX, January 07, 2007, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

The OC Pantera Club runs a nice track event at Willow Springs.  We went last time and found it busy but fun.  You get a chance to "run down" Corvettes, Ferraris, Panteras, Porches, etc.  Highlights are as follows:

1 - They have multiple run groups and a race group - lots of track time. 
2 - Track fees are only $225 if you sign up before Feb 20 - $250 after and they always sell out. 
3 - Passengers are allowed - 18 and over.
4 - You can share a car with a friend. 
5 - They also provide instructors.
6 - The atmosphere is relaxed and limited to 120 cars with 4 run groups.

Contact Jim Saxton of West Coast Racing for more info at 626-285-2024.  He'll send you the paperwork.

Dan 8)

RayMcIntyre

Hey Dan,

I have signed up for this event.
I had a great time last year, thought the event was run well.
Hopefully we can get a few more Vipers to join us.

Ray McIntyre

ViperX

Banzai Ben

I'm signed up! I've been going to their event for the past four years. I enjoy it because there are so many different types of cars there. Not very many Pantera's, mostly everything else. See you there.

Ben K.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

I'm now signed up too.

See you guys at the track.

Dan 8)

PCH VIPER

I had plans to go up and watch you guys.........but ended up not being able to go.  :(

Hope everyone was safe and had a good time.   

Any pictures?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance and Guys,

The event was very well run by West Coast Racing, aka The Pantera / Ferrari Club.  I would recommend this group to all Viper owners.  They will be going to Buttonwillow on June 16 & 17 for those of us not attending our club's K1 Carting event.

Attendees were fast Ben Kawata in his yellow / black GTS (blue group), quick Mike Von Quilich in his blue / white SRTC (blue group), super fast Ray McIntyre in his red SRT-10 (red group), racer Mike Greenburg in his comp coupe and GTSR Vipers (race group) and my son and I in my red / silver GTS (yellow group). 

I think we now have the GTS sorted out.  It ran and handled very well.  For the first time I will have to say that we all represented Viper well in our respective run groups.  I had Ray ride with me the last two sessions Saturday.  I picked up some pointers and improved enough that during the first run on Sunday morning, I started at the back of the pack and actually passed everyone in my group except a very fast Ford GT.

Everyone went home with the "shiny side up" in our group and no mechanical issues.

Hopefully, we can get some more Viper owners out to these track events.  They are run like Viper Days with run groups based upon skill level and experience.  They have some very good driving instructiors and corner workers.  They also have full tow truck and ambulance standing by.

As a side benefit, you get to run against a wide variety of cars including Vettes, Ford GTs, Porches, Ferraris, Panteras, Mustangs, BMW's and a few ricers.

Jim and Cherie Saxton do a nice job organizing this event.

Pictures are forthcoming.

Dan 8)

Lawrenzo

My neighbor was there with his ex Bob Woodhouse red Pantera- he said it was a blast.  Pics would be great!