Conner Ave Assembly Plant closed until March or April 2007

Started by ViperX, January 07, 2007, 05:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Thought you guys might like to know.  The Conner Ave Assembly Plant (Viper Plant)  is scheduled to be closed until March or April of 2007.   Tours will not be given until the plant reopens.   We'll send a note advising once the plant reopens.  Once it reopens, we assume VCA member only tours can be scheduled.

This will likely impact availabilty of 2008 Vipers. :'(

Dan

hemotox

I have heard there will not be a 2008 Viper and maybe no more vipers for a while as sales have tumbled over the last 18 months.  Just some rumors on the street.   :(

The ZO6 is pretty strong competition, at a lower price and a stiffer frame and acceleration.  Not trying to start a series of comments on the corvette, but for the money it is a good buy.   :P

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

Check the car magazines and the VCA Forum.  Plenty of photos and news on the 2008 Viper.  No production dates yet though.

hemotox

In stand corrected, this actually is welcome news, I thought after the lack of any discussion on future vipers at VOI8, no confirmation from Dodge about future production, that the viper was potentially doomed.  But good news is good news!

I may even buy one!

ViperX

Eric,

I just returned from Detroit where I was lucky enough to visit the SRT portion of DC's tech center.  The VCA group that I was with got to see several 2008 Vipers and watch several 08 engines run on the dynos there.  Very impressive pieces.  Lots of neat features in these cars.  There were three on display at the Detroit Auto Show.  I'll put a detailed post together soon.  I also had dinner with an SRT engineer who indicated that there are some more neat plans for the Viper program in the future.

Dan 8)

hemotox

Vypr Phil

Dan,

Welcome back! :)

Do you have any idea when the first deliveries can be expected?  ::)

Do VCA members have a special way of ordering Vipers (if not, maybe DC and VCA should think of setting up some kind of program for the loyal followers of the breed).   ;D

Can't wait to hear more about the "675" option.....  8)

Vypr Phil
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

Hey Phil,

08 Viper should be in showrooms this summer, according to SRT.  You can put your name on a waiting list with Woodhouse Dodge or any other Dodge Dealer.

Dan

Vypr Phil

Thanks Dan!   8)

Will call Woodhouse for sure and maybe a few local dealers, although the locals will most likely add a hefty "Added Dealer Profit".   ::)

Experienced the same thing a few years ago when Bentley come out with the Continental GT  Coupe.  ???

Had one on order and when the car arrived, the dealer thought he was entitled to a 50K "Added Dealer Profit".   >:(

I told him that I thought he should be entitled to something else.......  ;D ;D

Phil

hemotox

Well I guess the answer is to let the dealer have them for a while and then get them for sticker 6 months later.

Vypr Phil

Good point!   ;D

If production and early deliveries take place by summertime, 6 months later would put us in the dead of winter, not "Prime Viper Sale Time".   ???

MSRP or maybe even below would be quite possible by then.   8)

Mr. Fangs

Spoke to Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse when in Detroit for the VCA Presidents meeting. It is a bit too early to discuss pricing, but he expects to be able to sell them at some price between list and invoice. Depends on their margins at the time, but they want to move a lot of these when available.

Expect prices to be similar to current pricing, but with options for interiors and wheel packages that might cost a bit more, but less than Mamba pricing.

Most of the excess inventory should be worked off between now and when the 08s hit the streets.

Biggest decision is whether to buy now at the good prices being offered, or wait for the new model, and pay more for the improved drivetrain. We saw one prototype engine running on a diagnostic dyno. Really sounded like it liked to rev better than current engine. We saw 610 hp at over 6,000 RPM.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

hemotox

Nice article in the recent Viper Magazine with a good explanation of why specifically there was no new Viper production news at VOI9 in Vegas.  Most of us remember the multiple negative comments circulating around VOI9 concerning the lack of new production or information at this convention.  Would recommend it to anyone who had expressed anger or bewilderment as to why Dodge and VCA made no mention of new technology and new viper production.

;D