Mar 24 & 25 - Viper vs. Viper

Started by admin, December 06, 2006, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

It's on!  The annual grudge match between the Dodge Viper SRT10 and the F-16 Viper fighter jet is scheduled for March 23-25, 2007 at Luke Air Force Base near Phoenix, Arizona. The drag race takes place during the Luke Air Force Base air show and it's a great weekend of driving and flying excitement.

MORE VENOM ~ 600 hp of Venom!

Your first chance to see the 2008 Viper in action ~ the most powerful factory Viper yet.  By far!

This Show of Force includes the 2008 Viper and the Viper Competition Coupe - as both will drag race the Air Force "Viper" Fighter Jet F-16. The showdown is part of a weekend-long event taking place March 23-25, 2007, at Luke Air Force Base located just outside Phoenix, Arizona. Celebrating the 60th anniversary of the USAF, Luke has been selected for an expanded "Super Air-Show" program by the military coined "The Show of Force".

More than just fun for Viper owners this event directly impacts the lives of people on the base as the proceeds go to benefit the MWR  base charity fund.

Still need more?  This event is big time.  In 2005 there were 275,000 people that attended and saw the Viper Corral alongside some of the most impressive aircraft in the world.  And the VCA had VIP seating - right up front for the race - right next to the General's tent.

With all that is included for your registration this is the best value event of the year!

This is your chance to be the first to check out the new '08 Viper and see it in action, hang out with Viper friends, and support our troops. Whether you are flying in or driving, this event will give you a weekend of packed in fun.

The deadline for registration is Wednesday, February 28, 2007. Please fax the attached registration form to (248) 553-2138.
Your hotel reservation must be made separately with the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix, AZ. Please contact them directly at (800) 325-3535. Make sure you tell them you are with the Viper Club to receive the special discounted rate of $169 per night, plus tax. All room reservations must be made by Friday, February 23, 2007.
Any questions? Call Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110.

The Registration Form is attached.

hemotox

anyone setting up caravan plans for this event???

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

FYI Marv Spatz is coordinating this event.

We still don't have all of the details but will post them when we do.

Dan 8)

yeloone

Hey Mike!  Yeloone is ready to head to Phoenix. ^11  Are we going to set up a hotel for everyone to stay?  Let me know if I can help in any way.           Ron ^11

Vypr Phil

yeloone & all:

I have spent some time at a nearby hotel during a business trip to West Phoenix/Goodyear, very close to Luke AFB (3 miles). It was a pleasant stay, they have some nice suites and the prices were, in my opinion, quite reasonable.

Hotel info: Wingate Inn, 188 N. Dysart Rd; Goodyear, AZ; 85338, Phone: 623.547.1313 Website: http://www.wingateinns.com/Wingate/control/home

If interested, let me know and I will set up a caravan from L.A. to Phoenix with a stop-over in the Palm Springs area.

Hope this helps,

Phil
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

admin

To all interested in attending this event:

I believe this is like the Western Rendezvous held a couple of years back - You'll need to stay at the specified hotel as you will be bused to and from the airfield.  I'd call VCA headquarters with any questions. 

The deadline for registration is Wednesday, February 28, 2007. Please fax the registration form to (248) 553-2138.
Your hotel reservation must be made separately with the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix, AZ. Please contact them directly at (800) 325-3535. Make sure you tell them you are with the Viper Club to receive the special discounted rate of $169 per night, plus tax. All room reservations must be made by Friday, February 23, 2007.
Any questions? Call Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110.

Registration from is attached to the first thread of this post...

AWSSSSM

I'm sorry to say this will be the first "Viper vs Viper" event we'll miss.  Joyce and I are in Colorado skiing from March 17 through March 24.  We could fly to Phoenix but it's not the same without the Viper.  This is a great event!  We'll have to plan better next year.

Have a great time and "win."

Rick & Joyce Hollis

AWSSSSM

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Nino Valmassoi

Nino and Ruth are signed up and ready to go!  A caravan meeting point in Palm Springs are would be great.  Any information yet?

Nino

Texas_Venom

Did anyone decide to caravan to Phoenix from the LA area? I will be leaving early in the morning from Santa Barbara. I havent booked lodging yet but I am in the Air Force and can probably stay on base. I was just checking to see if there is a caravan lined up and what the details are. Thanks.

ViperX

We made the last Viper vs. Viper and it was worth seeing.

We can't make this one due to a conflict and we're crunching on the magazine after last weekend's Viper Days event.

Dan ^6