March 17th & 18th - Viper Days at Buttonwillow

Started by admin, December 01, 2006, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Viper Days at Buttonwillow Raceway - The last time in Southern California this year...

This is not a "race", you will not trade paint with other Vipers.  This is a timed event; you'll drive at your own pace.  Following are options available for Friday, for Saturday and Sunday or for all three days; and a couple of comments from the rookies that attended February's Viper Days: click here for comments.

FRIDAY:  Do you want the thrill of driving your Viper on the track? Here's an opportunity to do just that!  Buttonwillow Raceway is a great rack for drivers of all skill levels.  There will be a Friday Test & Tune, put on by the Brian Angen Memorial Fund. The cost is $300 for the day, which is tax deductible (tax certificate given at the track).  There will be three run groups to accommodate driver levels.  FYI: Friday Test & Tune is separate from Viper Days.  Sign Up information at the bottom of this post (BAMF-EventForm-01-07.pdf)

OR

FRIDAY: Curious about exploring the limits of your Viper (and yourself) on a track, but not sure how to get started? Then here's the class for you. (Open to non-Viper owners as well.) The school begins with classroom instruction on basic car control theory, taught by experienced performance-driving instructors. Then, you'll spend the morning out on the skid pad in school-provided cars, practicing the art of car control—threshold braking, skid recovery, car rotation—so you'll understand vehicle dynamics and what to do if you cross the limit of adhesion in your Viper.

After lunch, you'll be ready to go out on the track in your own Viper, accompanied by an experienced instructor, in lead/follow formation or in-car. They'll bring you up to speed on track driving—driving the line, where to turn-in, when to brake, when to apply throttle. You'll be part of the Brian Angen Memorial Foundation's Charity Track Driving Event, which is a low-key track event, so you can drive at the pace you're comfortable with.

It's the best performance enhancement you can get for your Viper. The techniques you'll learn will make you a safer, faster driver, no matter what car you're driving.

We encourage you to sign up for Viper Days on March 17th & 18th, at the same track, so you can spend more time practicing your new skills. Spectators and guests are welcome to observe and join us for lunch. Lunch is included with the event for students. Students must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
Sign Up information at the bottom of this post (IntroTrackDrivingEventForm-V6 (3).pdf)

OR

FRIDAY: The Viper Club of America Northern California Region invites you to attend a One Day Performance Driving School.

Space is limited to 18 drivers and will be reserved based on the first 18 to confirm their reservation with a check.  So get your checks in as soon as possible.  Last year the event was over sold and a second School was scheduled to allow all drivers to attend a school.  This year there will only be One School Date. 

Three Driving Course options will be offered. A basic car control session and two advanced sessions.  Vehicle dynamics and behind-the-wheel instruction in a variety of vehicles; emphasizing car control.   The Program was developed to provide a fun and fast-paced learning environment. Understanding the performance limitations of your Viper as well as other vehicles will make you a better driver. The Driving School is for everybody, from the novice to the experienced driver, whether your focus is on accident avoidance, faster lap times around your favorite race track or you just want to enhance your daily commute.  This Course is discounted especially for the VCA of Northern California.

Click below "Viper Club Skip Barber Driving School 2007" for details and registration:

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY is Viper Days, a full weekend track experience.  Or – go Ala Carte. The below Viper Days website link has full details.

Weekend pricing and details: Click here for detials
Click here for Link to Viper Days Home Page.

If you're plan includes Friday events, we'll see you at the track early Friday.  If you're plan is for Viper Days Saturday and Sunday, join us at the track on Friday to get "tech'd" and sign in for Viper Days prior to the Saturday morning rush.  We caravan from the track back to the hotel for the Friday night reception.

Visitors are always welcome to come and watch the weekend events; the VRL (Viper Racing League) race is fun to see.  Visitors are also welcome to stay at the host hotel and join the group for dinner on Saturday evening.

The Southern California Viper Club will be in garage #2 ^6 We'll plan to see you here!

The "host" hotel information:

Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
VIPER DAYS GROUP RATE $84.00
1-800-325-3535 Central Reservation
5101 California Avenue • Bakersfield, California 93309
Phone: (661) 325-9700

HOTEL LINK:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=822

Pricing and application information now posted on the Viper Days website: http://www.viperdays.com/page.htm?id=68

racecars

???

This is fun ::)

have room will travel 8)

ViperX

Hey Dave,

We're planning to go to this one too.

Dan and Cathy

Vypr Phil

I just signed up today for "Viper Days" in March!! ;D ;D

I will also be there Friday before "Viper Days" for the "Fred Kinder Track Driving School". 8) 8)

I plan on driving up to Bakersfield Thursday afternoon and be rested and relaxed Friday morning. :)

Anybody else going, we can caravan from Los Angeles, let me know.  ???

Phil  8)
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

Cathy and I will be driving up Thursday from OC.  We will be trailering one car, so may be a bit slow for Viper drivers.

Dan 8)

catwood

I won't be going but I have a trailer with straps if someone wants to rent it for the weekend.

It's all set up for a Viper. 

Shoot me an email at [email protected].

I'll be using it the Wednesday before but it's open for use on Thursday.

later,
Carl

ViperX

Hey Guys and Girls,

We have one 1/2 off coupon available for this Viper Days event.  It's only good for a Viper Days first timer or "rookie" as they call it.  Please email me or call if you are interested.  There is no better way to learn to drive your Viper. 

For more info on Viper Days click on:  www.viperdays.com.

Dan
www.socalviper.org
949-600-7244

ViperX

All,

Greg Killingsworth just took the last 1/2 off coupon.

Looking forward to the event.

Dan 8)

PCH VIPER

Is anyone planning on driving up Sat. morining early ?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

The Track savvy guys probably already know this....but here's something I learned today.

When you have your tires/wheels balanced...make sure you have them put "race" tape over the lead weights (basically a foil tape).  This will reflect some of the heat and keep the adhesive from breaking down.   It will also keep the lead weights in place if the adhesive does fail.

After Viper Days in Feb., I pulled my track wheels off and put my street wheels back on.  I noticed that the lead weights were missing off two of the wheels.  I went to the place where I had them mounted/balanced to talk to them about it.  The hard braking on the track creates more heat than the adhesive can withstand and had they known I was tracking these wheels, they would have put the race tape over them.  I suppose they don't do it to street wheels for cosmetic reasons.

See you at Button Willow !

ViperX

Hey Lance,

That's good info.  I should have passed this on to you last time.

I lost wheel weights for the first time several years ago while running the Nevada Open Road Challenge and have been putting foil faced tape over my wheel weights ever since.  You can buy this tape in the HVAC area of home depot.  It's usually next to the duct tape.  It really helps the weights stay on and doesn't look bad at all.  I now put this tape on all of the wheel weights on all of my wheels.

See you at Buttonwillow

Dan 8)

Blumer

Just wondering where you will be getting together at on Friday night?  Thought about joining you since we live in Bakersfield.

Steve & Kim Blumer

PCH VIPER

Hey Steve and Kim,
If you check the top of this post, you will see the Hotel info.  Viper Days hosts a social hour at the Hotel.
Most everyone attends this and its a lot of fun.
Aren't you going to participate in Viper Days?
See you on Sat..
Lance

Blumer

Lance,

Unfortunately the information doesn't include a time that they'll be having the social hour.  Do you possibly know what time it will be?  Also, Steve won't be able to participate this weekend but we may be able to stop by the track for a little while.

Thank you,
Kim

PCH VIPER

Hi Kim,
I just checked and the Social hour is from  6pm till 9pm at the Racer Theme bar in the Sheraton Four Points in Bakersfield.
5101 California Ave.
Bakersfield, CA  93309 

You should both come out and visit on Sat..  It is a lot of fun.  I know the SoCal Club has a garage rented so look for the banner hanging inside.  There will be a bunch of us there.

See ya !

Lance