Monthly Schedule of Potential Viper Get Togethers

Started by hemotox, August 19, 2006, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

I have an idea that would be great for club morale and get more people out with their vipers.  Me, for one, as I have missed several events this year.

I would like to suggest the following.  For each Saturday of the month, we set up a local viper meeting place for breakfast and getting the cars and members together somewhere in the SoCalViper region.  This would repeat exactly the same every month.  Something like this.  To view a map of the meeting location, click the HTML link below each specific Saturday event.

Official Viper Monthly Stops

1st Saturday of the Month Viper Regional Get Together:
Inland empire\San Bernadino\Riverside meets at Flo's Airport Cafe at the Chino Airport at 8:00am-8:30am, breakfast to be at 9:00am. Starting on October 7th

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=eoi1qM4ZEj4%3d&longitude=4F3iXhgSrRhbDsVjG0fuZg%3d%3d&name=Flo%27s%20Airport%20Cafe&country=US&address=7000%20Merrill%20Ave%20%23%208&city=Chino&state=CA&zipcode=91710&phone=909%2d597%2d3416&spurl=0&&q=Flo%27s%20Dinner&qc=%28All%29%20Restaurants

2nd Saturday of the Month Regional Viper Get Together
West LA - Malibu, San Fernando Valley, Calabasas-Ventura meets at Coogies restaurant the Malibu Shopping Center on PCH, 8:00am-8:30am, breakfast to be at 9:00am (Potential for some great runs over the Santa Monica Mountains to Malibu !)Starting on October 14th

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=8AgzFBmPkfU%3d&longitude=WBlZHMBBDxXl6Z8iUKxVfw%3d%3d&name=Coogies%20Beach%20Cafe&country=US&address=23755%20Malibu%20Rd&city=Malibu&state=CA&zipcode=90265&phone=310%2d317%2d1444&spurl=0&&q=Coogie%27s%20Beach%20Cafe&qc=%28All%29%20Restaurants

3rd Saturday of the Month Regional Viper Get Together
Orange County Vipers meet at Shore House Cafe  801 E. Balboa Blvd., Newport Beach, CA 92661
To meet between 8:00am-8:30am to have breakfast at 9:00am. Starting on November 18, 2006. To meet between 8:00am-8:30am to have breakfast at 9:00am. Starting on november 18th

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=BeiutoFbRnn%2b5vJM4%2fmNjg%3d%3d&longitude=Ra0xmxFPDzx%2bjU%2bkMqN4lw%3d%3d&name=Shore%20House%20Cafe&country=US&address=801%20E%20Balboa%20Blvd&city=Newport%20Beach&state=CA&zipcode=92661&phone=949%2d673%2d7726&spurl=0&&q=Shore%20House%20Cafe&qc=%28All%29%20Restaurants

4th Saturday of the Month Regional Viper Get Together[/color]
San Diego Vipers meet at Ruby's Diner, 5630 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008  760-931-7829. To meet between
8:00am-8:30am to have breakfast at 9:00am. Starting on October 28th

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=pN6Dix18%2b7M%3d&longitude=WsrooVkctcm66it98R5kLQ%3d%3d&name=Ruby%27s%20Diner&country=US&address=5630%20Paseo%20Del%20Norte&city=Carlsbad&state=CA&zipcode=92008&phone=760%2d931%2d7829&spurl=0&&q=Ruby%27s%20Diner&qc=%28All%29%20Restaurants

Official Viper Monthly Stops

This monthly schedule continues every month, the same specific Saturday of the month for the specific region and the same breakfast restaurant.
The potential for a local cruise after breakfast would be up to the members attending the get together.  Members from other regions would know the specific Saturday event and venue if they choose to drive to a venue outside their area just to get together with other club members.

We will set up the same meeting place and the same respective day of the month for each region of the Viper Club, I think club participation would increase sharply. 
This schedule doesn't change, same place, same time and should bring people out with their Vipers.  The club is to diverse and covers so much physical area that to plan something and get everyone out means large driving distances and time for most members, whereas, a local specific day of the month would tend to bring people out once a month or more if they decided they wanted to travel to another venue to see friends.

I believe this will work.  I would ask you to think about it, starting in October!

Let me know your thoughts.  I am sure YoPrez-Racecars could be all over this!  I think having it at like Crystal Cove may not work so well as one has to get up and be there by about 6:00 AM, people enjoy having breakfast together and this would build club camaraderie, unlike Crystal Cove which is mainly coffee, donuts, wait around and then drive home.  :P   This should be a SoCal Viper Club Event, not a major car show Saturday AM event.

It may be advantageous to designate several club members in the specific regions to spearhead the initiation of this so that more people come out.

I would appreciate hearing from club members around the SoCalViper area about starting this once a month local get togethers.   ;D

Please leave your comments as threads to this post.  That would be most helpful.  8)

PLEASE POST COMMENTS !!!!!    :D

Eric Johnson

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

mcmike

I think the post above is a fantastic idea. I would be in for this type of ongoing event!

Mike

PS: Great job on the recent picnic/bbq you organized Sherri! I met some great people at the picnic...

hemotox

Mike,

Thanks for your post.  I think it will work out great and if a member wants to visit other parts of the Southland, he will know which Saturday the event will be taking place.  I am hoping an Orange County member will add a thread about a potential meeting place in the OC area, that has good parking and good food.  I will have to wait until Racecars finishes his weekend Viper Cruising before we get a chime from the San Diego Members.

Maybe Professor Ricardo Palkovich can provide a needed OC meeting point?   :D

racecars

Hey Eric,

Just got back from DC Perf TechDay.

Gee for a "DOC" pretty good idea ;D ::)

I'll work on it 8)

Also have 2 people in mind for the OC group, Dan&Cathy & Lance.

Yo Prez 8) SD VIPERS
www.davesbigbrakes.com
I have a new website & name change ???

hemotox

We should probably start this in October, with September nearly on top of us and VOI at the end of the month.

Lets get an OC and SD venue on this thread and see what people say about it.  I think this will be a great idea and has great potential.   ;D ;D :D

EJ

PCH VIPER

Hey Eric,
Great idea...I'm in.   Beauty of the concept is that if I couldn't make it to the OC sat meeting...I could always go to a Sat. meeting place in another county on a different weekend.

I vote for HOOTER's for breakfast! ;D ;D      just kidding!!

How was Princeville?  My whole family is on Kauai.....great place to visit....but not a very good place to have a Viper  ;D

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

Lance,

I think racecars Dave has the inside edge on San Diego Hooters.  Princeville was awesome!  Right on having any kind of sports car on the north shore of Kauai, unless it is also good in water.  Most Excellent Place.

Lance, do you have a suggestion for a place in OC that could be a venue for a Saturday AM Viper Breakfast get together?

EXHLR8N

I suggest the Crystal Cove car show place on PCH between Newport Beach and Laguna Beach.  To asure a place in the car show, you need to be there by 6:30 am each Saturday.

Cathy and Dan Evert had members there two weeks ago and it went well.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

hemotox

EXHLR8N

I think Crystal Cove is a great place, but as you indicated means up at 6:00 AM.  I think the idea is more like arrive at 8:00-8:30, chat with fellow viper owners in a low key environment, and then breakfast at 9:00, with only Viper members and no distractions, but I think we are open to anything.  Depends on what others want to do.

EXHLR8N

In that case, we could meet at a more central spot.  Perhaps a little inland, since it can get damp and rainy close to the water.

How about Mimi's .... say on 17th and the 55 freeway?  Then you could drive back roads towards Cooks Corner if anyone wanted to drive.

Any other thoughts Orange County-ites?
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

hemotox

PCH VIPER

I nominate Bruce as the O.C. Regional Chairman and Organizer  :D

Breakfast is on Him!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Bruce, what is the parking like over there?

Is there anyplace Viper friendly over off of the 55 fwy and Chapman???   After breakfast we could head east on Chapman up and over the hills on to Santiago Canyon Road...just a thought.
Another idea would be more towards south county...Ortega hwy...

Whatever BRUCE decides is fine with me  ;D
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

Now you guys are talking!  Mimi's is pretty good, have been to the one in Cerritos, similiar restaurant I believe?  Wasn't there a Viper get together somewhere around Chapman and the 55? Maybe that was a pizza joint in the afternoon?  Seems like that is solar system central, Chapman and the 55 for anyone who lives in OC.

I second the nomination for Bruce and main leader of OC Saturday Get Together but I would like to nominate Lance as co-leader!!!   :D

Sounds like Mimi's is the place.  Now remember this is Sat AM, not afternoon, so usually there is reasonable parking at most places.

We need Sherrie and Tony to chime in on this for some official support and email mobilization.

EJ

Where is Racecars-YoPrez-Dave and his two cents???

hemotox

Bruce and Lance

Mimi's Cafe looks awesome..

http://www.mimiscafe.com/

Bruce, is this the site ?  If so it looks very central and easy to get to, even from West LA!  Only issue is parking but I am sure they have enough spots on a Saturday AM.

http://www.mimiscafe.com/locator/details.asp?ID=5

Eric

hemotox

Just waiting for SDVipers to input a meeting venue in the San Diego Area   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I think starting this in October makes more sense?