Road Trip Idea - Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Week

Started by Catbert, March 23, 2022, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catbert

I made some changes to the dates of my proposed 5 day road trip to attend "Speed Week" at none other than the annual Bonneville Salt Flats race events...

Hello SoCal Viper community! I want to share an idea I have for a road trip and see what the interest level is. I have most of the details worked out and will finalize it once I get some positive feedback.

Arguably, the biggest and best event of the year of the famous Bonneville Salt Flats is during Speed Week. In 2022 this super fun event occurs in August from the 5th through the 12th. I have read so many amazing articles on what it's like to visit this special place on the planet. The excitement and photo ops are once in a lifetime. This is something to check-off on my rather long bucket list. Perhaps yours, too.

Currently, we have two similar options for scheduling this 5-day road trip. This option is one where the day of the salt flats visit is on Sunday, Aug. 7th.

Bonneville Salt Flats Road Trip
  • Day 1: Fri., Aug. 5: Los Angeles to Las Vegas, stay night (280 miles 4 hrs 45 min) 280 miles
  • Day 2: Sat., Aug. 6: Las Vegas to Ruth, NV (240 miles 4 hrs)
  • Day 3: Sun., Aug. 7: Ruth to Salt Flats (135 miles 2 hrs)
    - Depart Ruth early to arrive before sunrise
    - Salt Flats to Ruth, stay night (135 miles 2 hrs)
  • Day 4: Monday, Aug. 8: Ruth to Las Vegas, stay night (240 miles 4 hrs)
  • Day 5: Tuesday, Aug. 9: Las Vegas to Los Angeles (280 miles 4 hrs 45 min)

Total miles: 1310

Let's go!  Stephen

images.jpg
"Nothing happens until something moves."

Catbert

"Nothing happens until something moves."

VIPER28

Thank you for posting the videos. Fun to watch!

We'll be making this event great for all members to enjoy.