Paint Repair

Started by maddog2424, May 25, 2015, 08:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog2424

Hey guys,

I have been considering fixing up all the chips in my paint and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on how I should do it.  Will any paint shop do or are there any recommendations for shops in the area (I'm in the antelope valley, but don't mind driving into LA)?  Is there stuff I can use to do it myself?  How about touch up kits?

Dan
Dan

1997 B/W Viper GTS

10 BANGR

Quote from: maddog2424 on May 25, 2015, 08:28:16 AM
Hey guys,

I have been considering fixing up all the chips in my paint and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on how I should do it.  Will any paint shop do or are there any recommendations for shops in the area (I'm in the antelope valley, but don't mind driving into LA)?  Is there stuff I can use to do it myself?  How about touch up kits?

Hey Maddog,
I couldn't really recommend anyone here in the AV. I live in West Palmdale and have only tried Squirty's once and had a bad experience with them. I ended up taking my parts (Front and rear bumpers) off the car and took down below to Lanzini's to get the job done where Chip Foose takes his rides.  http://www.lanzinibodyworks.com/

Good luck.

Demoe 

Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

maddog2424

Thanks for the tip.  How pricey is that place?  Most of my damage is just paint chips, but I do have a long crack across the stripes on the front fascia. 

Dan
Dan

1997 B/W Viper GTS

PCH VIPER

I would say to leave it alone till it gets to the point where you can't stand it any longer.  Then just have the affected panels completely re-painted.   

One of the best places in LA is Scandinavian Coachcraft    (310) 479-5171  Talk to Ole.  He has worked on many many vipers.    http://scandinaviancc.com/
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

maddog2424

Good point.  Maybe I'll go the Touch-up paint route so its not so obvious until i'm ready to repaint the whole part. 
Dan

1997 B/W Viper GTS