Discontinuing the factory-backed SRT Motorsports racing program

Started by SSSSE YA, October 06, 2014, 04:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSSSE YA

:( Chrysler Group LLC announced today that it is discontinuing the factory-backed SRT Motorsports racing program in IMSA with the conclusion of the 2014 season. This is solely based on an internal business decision to redirect focus to the Dodge brand's high-performance vehicle lineup. The discontinuation affects the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R GTLM-class teams. As always, we sincerely thank every one of the fans and friends who have supported Team SRT along the way.

1HOTACR

" After a night of rest, the sad news has now sunk into me. I still cannot believe that an amazing program like this one, is watered down. But, I must state the following to everyone, that follows me. These past 5 years ( Dec 2009 - Dec 2014 ), have been a carrier highlight to me, as we have the chance to win races, crash cars, clinch championships...etc. I have along the way met and worked with some incredible people, that also deserve some recognition. What most people did not know, is that SRT motorsports was a small family type operation, with factory efforts. It was day in, day out a joy to drive a Dodge Viper in any conditions as the engineering and car construction was world class. My team mates...them I will miss. Such great guys that have become close friends  The entire team, let it be from upper management to our guy / girl who stacks the cooler...you are all outstanding humans are far stronger, than a program being pulled of the block.
These men and women, made this program be awesome: Ralph Gilles Doris Tseng Gilles Bob Riley Bill Riley Matthew Bejnarowicz Esperansita Bejnarowicz Gary Johnson Beth Paretta Marc Goossens Nik Farnborough Johnathan Bomarito Richard Winkles Frank Resciniti Chris Miller Ben Levite Doug de Castro Jim Kasprzak Tyler Hook Jessica Rowe Mike Haemmig Dustin Gambrell Corey Trivette Greg Jones Ali Dunn Steve Floyd Michael J Fuller Activelive Actlive-kine Luc Busselen Lawrin Jackson Collin Patton The Roush boys Jim Menego Barbara J. Burns Alex Nunn Richard Prince + Everyone else that was involved!!!
Hope to one day cross paths again...God speed everyone!"
Kuno Wittmer
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

viperCFP

It's a "business decision": win on Sunday, close-up shop on Monday  >:( >:( >:(
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)