News Concerning Management Changes at Chrysler

Started by 1HOTACR, May 06, 2014, 09:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1HOTACR

Chrysler announced today (May 6th) that the SRT brand will be consolidated under the Dodge brand headed by Dodge President and CEO, Tim Kuniskis.  Ralph Gilles, former President and CEO of SRT Brand will continue his responsibility as Senior Vice President of Product Design for all of Chrysler's vehicles as well as President and CEO of Motorsports.  "Given Chrysler's aggressive product plan expansion over the next few years, Ralph has his hands full with product design," said Maurice Liang, President of Viper Owners Association, "Being responsible for all of Chrysler design is a huge responsibility."

Under Ralph's leadership, the SRT vehicle lineup expanded and Viper was brought back for a fifth generation.  "If not for his passion and perseverance, Viper would likely not exist today," said Liang, author of the book SRT Viper – America's Supercar Returns.   "Ralph has been the spiritual father of the Viper for many years, and I have no doubt he will continue to do so in the future through his role as VP of Product Design. His enthusiasm for SRT is infectious and has helped develop a loyal customer fan base for SRT and Viper.  He's always welcome at VOA events."  VOA welcomes Tim Kuniskis to the Viper family and looks forward to working with him to build a strong, mutually-beneficial relationship with the manufacturer of our favorite vehicle.

Here is the official press release from Chrysler:

Chrysler Group Announces Leadership Changes
May 6, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - In conjunction with the outlined plans for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Chrysler Group LLC today announced that the SRT family of vehicles will be consolidated under the Dodge brand. Tim Kuniskis will lead this effort as he continues his role as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dodge Brand and head of the Company's Fleet Operations. Ralph Gilles continues as the Senior Vice President of Product Design and President and CEO of Motorsports. The move is effective immediately.

"I want to thank Ralph for his dedication to the SRT brand," said Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and CEO, Chrysler Group LLC. "Under Ralph's leadership, the SRT brand expanded its vehicle lineup to include more highly customized models and received numerous automotive awards and distinctions."
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

viperCFP

So is it back to being the Dodge Viper?  Dodge SRT Viper?  Dodge Viper SRT?

Wait, I got it, the Dodge SVE PVO SRT Viper.
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

10 BANGR

I don't think it ever stopped being a Dodge.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

Newport Viper

Don't care what they call it as long as an ACR and Vert come out. If car is dead... I'm going to look at picking up a nice used AMG SLS. (Why buy new when nearly new will do....  ;))
04 SRT-10

Kala

There is a mid cycle refresh according to the Stockholders report... I think we will see the vert but not the ACR...

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D