Do you find the forum difficult to use?

Started by Jay M, January 13, 2014, 02:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay M

I know there was a big update several months ago, so I have been patiently waiting for the kinks to get worked out.  But now today, the whole forum is upside-down.  I find that it is very difficult to read when the newest posts are on the top. 

The other issue that drives me away from the forum is the way that the post is in its own frame.  I constantly need to move the mouse from one scroll bar to the other to work through a page. 

On an iPhone or iPad, some posts are not viewable.  Whenever there is a big image, the text gets cut off on the mobile devices.

I also have the habit of refreshing the page on a forum to see if there is a new post.  On this forum, it takes me out of the post and back to the home page.  Not a big deal, but different than any other forum I have ever been to.

Other than that, the forum looks great, and is the best place to find out what's going on.

thanks,
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Kala

Hey Jay
The new message one is a simple fix.
Try going into Profile> Account Settings> Look and Layout, uncheck the box

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Kala

Try closing your browser and opening it again... I'm using google chrome and dont have the iframe anymore
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Jay M

Thanks, newest is at the bottom now :)

On some threads I still have the frames.  It's the same on Safari, IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  Also it doesn't matter if it's Windows 7 or OSX, the frames are still there.

~Jay

Kala

oops... yes the iframe is still there... Sorry... my bad

that will need to be changed in one of the php templates the forum is using.

AlbertFattal

Hi Jay, recently added to the SoCal website is a Mobile device specific forum that will solve your problems.

I have attached a photo

1.) Hover over "FORUM" link in main top navigation menu.
2.) Drop down menu will appear, called "FORUM - MOBILE DEVICE"
3.) Click on that that option to solve your issues.

Hope this helps!

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

Jay M

Newport Viper

Quote from: Jay M on January 13, 2014, 02:37:00 PM
The other issue that drives me away from the forum is the way that the post is in its own frame.  I constantly need to move the mouse from one scroll bar to the other to work through a page.

I get the samething (see below) what's the fix?

04 SRT-10

Kala

NP, if you click on the mobile site it will loose the iframe for that visit.

Try it! You'll like it!  :P :P :P