West Coast Racing- Big Willow Mar 1-2

Started by Banzai Ben, January 07, 2014, 07:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kala

Quote from: VENOM V on January 21, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

Hey Viper Girl, So now I know why you nearly bought a Gen V, but were suddenly quiet on the subject.  You turned to the dark side and bought a C7, LOL.  All kidding aside, nice machine!  Looking forward to seeing it one day with that supercharger.

I've got a mission for you - as you know, Brad just bought his TA.  I met him at the NorCal Christmas Party, and he was excited about getting it to the track.  Give him a nudge to join us, will you?  I only had 1,300 miles on my Viper before I took it to Thunderhill and beat on it hard.  It can take all he can dish out  8)

Todd
Yep, we tried to buy a Gen V... Launch edition.
It really came down to the clutch pressure... I have a major left knee issue, and the Gen V clutch pressure was still too much for my knee... I drove it then could hardly walk the next day... My buddy John liked the C7 and the C7 clutch is light as air, I don't know how the chevy engineers managed that. But it barely feels like you are pushing the pedal... 7 speeds is really weird though.

I'm getting a 01 Gen II which will have to have a different transmission, maybe the comp coupe one that you only use the clutch on take off... We'll see what works.

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Kala

Quote from: VENOM V on January 21, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

I've got a mission for you - as you know, Brad just bought his TA.  I met him at the NorCal Christmas Party, and he was excited about getting it to the track.  Give him a nudge to join us, will you?  I only had 1,300 miles on my Viper before I took it to Thunderhill and beat on it hard.  It can take all he can dish out  8)

Todd

Almost forgot to respond to this... I have to email Brad today anyway, so I will tell him about the Willow track day...

I do know that this is his busy time of the year... With Tax time coming up, he likely won't make a track day until after tax season... But I'll push him a little  8)

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Matthew

Ben,
Matthew Gross will run on Saturday.  I've tracked my car quite a few times I will have to flash my brake fluid out it's getting to be dark brown color.  I have 10K miles on my car is there anything else I should check or change.  I am a strong believer in preventative maintenance.
Thank you,   8)

PCH VIPER

Hey Matthew,
Since you are going to track it at WSIR and will need to have it "tech inspected", I would take it over to Dan Cragin.  If he gives it a once over, you can rest assured that it will be good to go.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Jay M

Quote from: Banzai Ben on January 07, 2014, 07:12:03 PM
Open track event at Willow Springs big track on March 1st and 2nd. $245 for both days or $185 for one.
I'm only going one day, Sat.

http://www.westcoastracinginc.com

I looked at their web site, and can't find an option for the one day price. Also, it seems that they have a pretty basic tech checklist.  Can I just do that myself, or do I need to pay someone to do it?

I plan to attend.  I'm looking forward to seeing Todd's Stryker Red car on the track.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

redtanrt10

Jay,

On their site, in the contact area is a link to Jim Sexton.  Send him a note, tell him you heard he has a 1 day price and tell him your from the SoCal viper club.  We've supported Jim and he's likes us and accomodates us.

For tech, you probably can self-tech.  But, I'd suggest you take it over to Dan Cragin and have him look it over. We can all do a pretty good visua,l but Dan will check the hubs, brakes lines and a number of other items on his lift.

See you there!

Mike

Banzai Ben

Matthew and Jay,

Yes, you can self-tech but like Lance and Mike said, You'll get a more thorough tech from Dan Cragin.
If it hasn't been professionally inspected recently then I would recommend it. I had mine gone through recently by Dan Cragin (SPT) and Erik Messley (EMI) so I'm just self-teching for this one.

If you want to go just one day then pay $185 and make a note on the registration that you will only be attending Sat.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Radical Guy

I'm in for both days!  Is someone going to make a list of attendees so we know how many Vipers we have going?
2004 SRT-10

Jay M

It turns out that I can't make it this time.  We have a birthday party to go to.  We might stop by in the morning to watch you guys having fun.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Radical Guy on February 11, 2014, 11:24:34 PM
I'm in for both days!  Is someone going to make a list of attendees so we know how many Vipers we have going?

Great ! Now you gotta Peter and his new ACR to come out for some fun.

Radical Guy

Hey Lance.

"Petah" is going.  He just hasn't chimed in for some reason.  He's still trying to figure out how to get the sucker on his trailer.  He bought new ramps, so hopefully they will do the trick.

Peter, any comments?

Brent    8)
2004 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

;D 
This is gonna be fun with all the guys out there.

Are we doing dinner at the mexican restaurant?

EXHLR8N

I will be coming out with my son-in-law for Saturday.  Can't wait.....
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

redtanrt10

Quote from: PCH VIPER on February 13, 2014, 07:21:59 PM
;D 
This is gonna be fun with all the guys out there.

Are we doing dinner at the mexican restaurant?

Lance,  Can you make the reservations fro 6 pm?  I'm on the road this week.  I know I'm in for the dinner, Todd from Norcal said he'd go too.  can you make it for 6 pm

thanks!!

Mike

VENOM V

Hi all,

I ran Willow Springs in the Camaro last weekend.  What a blast!  Love this track, very wide and easy to learn.  My Camaro has the honor of familiarizing me with a new track before I take the Viper.  I ran a best of 1:33.778 in the Camaro.

The track strikes me as easy on brakes, very hard on tires.  I went to cord on my Nitto NT-01s, this was on their 4th track day.  So make sure you have plenty of tread.  I drive pretty hard and the Camaro has a big wing, both of which probably contributed to the wear.

I'm in for dinner Saturday too.  I'll be driving up Friday eve and departing Sunday eve.

Todd
2013 Viper GTS, Stryker Red, Track Pack
2013 Camaro SS 1LE, Coilovers, 560 BHP