Appeal from the VCA Switzerland President

Started by hemotox, January 05, 2014, 11:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

So Cal Viper Club Members

I received this email from Fredi Spatenstein, VCA Switzerland President several days ago.  I am a member of the VCA Switzerland and frequently travel to Switzerland with several contacts in the club.  Fredi has been part of the repair and rennovation process of the VCA following the recent negative turn of events we all know about.  He has been working with Dan Everts, our former So Cal Viper club president, and the rest of the new BoD of VCA to turn the club around and salvage it.  He sent me this unsolicited response, and it seems appropriate to me to place it hear.  He expresses his concerns that So Cal Viper has not offered support for our former President Dan and Cathy Everts, who are leading the attempt to rennovate the VCA and sincerely try to solve the problems and return the club back to the members.  We all know Dan and his love of the viper.  I am sure he is doing his utmost best effort to salvage the VCA.

There is no need to repeat all the dialogue here of what has transpired over the last year, but Dan is under a lot of pressure, and is trying his best along with the new BoD of the VCA to restructure the club for us.

I am surprised to hear that so many So Cal Viper members have lost trust in the above individuals and their efforts to save the VCA by alternatively choosing to realign with VOA.  No need to list the reasons here, I am just surprised to see the lack of support for Dan and Cathy and the current BoD of the new VCA.  Below are Fredi's comments.  They are posted here to let us think about what is important, and perhaps reflect on our apparent lack of support for our previous club leadership.

Hello Eric
Hope you are well. Ursi and me are touring whole January thru the States. We started in Dalles and now stay with old friends from Switzerland who live since 15 years in Texas near Morgan. Two days ago we went to Dan Everts and had a good time with him and Cathy. Till the end of January we will be in Daytona Beach for the VCA Meeting and the Rolex 24, with the Viper up front....
As you know, it is Dan and me that took to challenge to bring back the VCA to normal, now with a great group of other board members. We all spend a incredible lot time to fix it all.
Why I tell you all this?
I felt the last days that Dan and Cathy feel very disappointed about their many friends at the Southern California Club. He is hurt deep in his heart. If think, the Everts did so much in their years in your club. And now he is even working more to save the VCA. It hurts them so much, that "his" club thinks about to join the VOA. So my request to you: is there a way to help with this? Why can't the Southern California members not keep up the friendship and be loyal. Please trust in what we all do and stay with the VCA. I would never forget if you really could help with this right now. Thanks for your help. For the fun with our Vipers and the friendship
Wish you all the best

Fredi

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

HyperViper

If it were just about Dan & Cathy then absolutely. It goes much much deeper then that.
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

hemotox

Guess I am out of the loop, as I read all the changes that have been made by Dan and his officers, yet whatever is done, there are issues that block a consensus of support for the current VCA board.

I assume that this means there will be two So Cal Viper Clubs?  Great, that's one more car club I can be a member of!   8)

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Mr. Fangs

Earlier last year I promised Lance that I would join which ever the National SoCal Club decided to affilliate.

Now that Lance has stepped down as Regional President, I wonder if anybody would be upset if I re-joined with VCA without waiting until the SoCal Board finishes their evaluation and decides which way to go.

Reason for this is lately, I have read things that makes me not want to join the VOA. Kind of what happened in Nevada, as well as they seem to be not all that different from the way that VCA is now set up.

Now understanding that even if SoCal decides to go with VOA, that the VCA has decided to still run their own club (New VCA) in SoCal. Two clubs could coexist in the same region as is being done elsewhere

At one time the SoCal VCA club was the largest, most successful and most active of all the regional clubs, I hope it would be OK to join.

I have some goodies for my 09 I want to buy, and would like to get the VPA discount if possible.

I have already lost enought Viper friends through my activities at VCA, and would hope to not loose any more.

I would also like to support Dan and Cathy, as well as Lance in continuing to offer regional and national events for all us Viper owners.

If anyone would be upset at me doing this, please advise.

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Mr. Fangs

This is how I feel about the club being torn apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdp8auBPGp0&feature=youtu.be

Hard to watch, but it is really happening.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

HyperViper

Not sure how to take that Paul. A lot has changed hasn't it.

I like Dan & Cathy and I know how much (really I can only imagine) they have put into the SoCal Viper Club and the VCA.

Dan has stated numerous times that He isn't interested in being the VCA National President  (unless that has changed).

Honestly I don't see this as a decision of supporting Dan or not supporting Dan. If He owned a Viper business and I had a choice between Dan or another company, obviously I would choose to do business with Dan. This is a lot different than that and without rehashing all that has happened with the VCA I will leave it at that.

I know your roots run deep and that you will make the right decision for yourself.
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes