Selling my black beast, 1100 hp Paxton, 2004 Convertible

Started by ViperX, June 26, 2013, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hi Guys,

Many pics are available.  Email me for them if you are interested at: [email protected] 

Car currently has the "summer" i.e. vented hood on.  I also have the stock hood, which has been repainted but never installed.  Wheels are HRE's track wheels, fully polished forged aluminum. The roll bar is a real one, built by Autoform with full "down bars".

Billet mounts for the Motons are new.  Breather system with catch can, valve cover extensions, custom return fuel system with adjustable regulator and fuel cooler, over-sized aluminum radiator, 180 T stat, polished Paxton supercharger, etc.  Engine internals are all forged built by Exotic engine with only 16K miles on the engine.  Oiling system was upgraded during build and includes a quick fill Accusump to avoid dry start-ups, Jessel roller rockers, solid lifters, B & B stepped headers, Striker heads, upgraded spark plug wires, blue printed rotating assembly, heads are port matched to intake manifold, etc. 

The exhaust system is stainless steel, custom 3-inch with full crossover by B & B muffler and necked up OE secondary cats.  It's also pretty quiet but very deep sounding considering its power level.  If you keep your foot out of it, it is pretty tame and very drive-able.  It screams all the way to the 6600 rpm redline if you push it a bit, which is not recommended for anything but long stretches of smooth pavement.

Tuned by DC Performance to make over 900 rwhp and over 850 rwtq on 91 pump gas, this car is very drive-able as it starts and runs extremely well.  The power is very linear and easy to control as long as you roll into the throttle.  You can really feel the torque as it's about 600 at the rear wheels at only 2200 rpm.  The performance is crazy at any speed in almost any gear. 

The beast spends most of its time these days, in the garage on the battery tender.  I just don't have time to drive it.

Stopping power is provided by 2 piece Stoptech Aero rotors with the black hats.  Brake lines are stainless steel.

The rear tires are Hoosier A6's.  These are a must for full throttle runs or just easily crushing other supercars any time from any speed.

The diff is a Quaife with OE 3.07 gear ratio built by Unitrax.  The trans was built by Jon Donato.  The clutch is a heavy duty metallic piece that works very well.  ½ shafts were upgraded by Unitrax.

If you look closely while the car is going down the road, you can see the Accusump and the twin, staged rear fuel pumps.

The interior is standard black with a few MGW interior trim items to dress it up a bit.  The shifter is also MGW and the shift linkage is Hurst.  Both seats are lowered two inches.  I have the OE seat mounts, so the new owner can raise the seats if they are shorter than I am, which is likely.

The car has about 48K miles on the odometer, has never been hit or raced against other cars.  It did win the Nevada Open Road Challenge ½ mile drags two years in a row.  The current engine has about 16K easy miles on it, the trans about 1K.  The tires are in good shape as are the shocks and springs.  The car has Moton Club Sport Shocks and Eibach springs.  It has been corner-weighted and has a good street alignment.  It handles and rides very well.  The only one to ever drive this car is me, other than when Dan C test drove it after tuning or service.

I'm sure I've missed some things as there are just sooo many.

It is always garaged.  There is some road rash on the front fascia and hood which is typical of these cars if they are driven.

Title is clean and reg was renewed in April.

I'll be glad to offer a ride to a serious buyer, I'll drive, but there won't be any test drives by others due to the power level.

I'd really like to keep this car as it would be very costly to duplicate and sort out as this one is, but just don't drive it enough anymore.  I've gotten more serious at the track and that's where I've been spending my time recently; driving my 09 ACR.

Price is $70,000.00.

Regards,

Dan Everts

Speedtactics

Dan,
I need to go for a ride in this before you sell it! c :P
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

PCH VIPER

Wear diapers !  You will wet yourself.   :P

Good luck with the sale Dan.   But you know, this would be a great TX car.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Speedtactics

I went for the ride  ;D
Yikes this thing is fast! Anyone that gets this car will have fun. GLWS
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Green Mamba

70 k. That is like getting a free car when you consider the cost of the all the mods done.  How many miles are on the current build?