2013 Launch Edition #53 gets a new home

Started by Doc, April 20, 2013, 10:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

I placed an order for a 2013 Viper after finding the local dealers all wanted 25-50K premiums late last year. For some reason my order never resulted in an official "start" or a VIN number (one rumor is that SRT cut 2013 production short and plans to resume production with 2014 models this summer).

Just for fun I decided to see if there were any 2013 Vipers in SD or OC... I figured I'd at least go sit in one for the time being.  <I

Oddly enough, I found approximately 10 sitting on showroom floors within an hours drive, per Auto Trader. Half of them were launch editions, which I was originally told were all spoken for.

Most had been marked up. But just for the heck of it I corresponded with several of the dealers re the launch edition cars they had in stock, indicating I wouldn't pay over MSRP. And wouldn't you know it, three wrote back and said they'd sell at MSRP.

Well that turned out to be too much to resist. So I went to look at one... As my fellow members of Car-a-holics Anonymous all know, that's likely to lead to trouble. And so it did... I left the dealership in #53 of #150 last night. Needless to say, I'm stoked!  <2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e5elscCqHA

Unfortunately I can't make today's club drive. But maybe I can get a kitchen pass for the next event.
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

10 BANGR

Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

Copperhead Mike

Congrats Doc!  Enjoy your new baby in good health.  >r

-Michael
2005 Viper Truck - Quad Cab - Red - SOLD
2006 SRT-10 - Copperhead w/Black Stripes - SOLD
2009 ACR - Graphite/Black - SOLD
2016 Viper GTC T/A 2.0 - White/Demonic Red - SOLD

viperCFP

Oh man, congrats!  We need to get together a 96, 06 First Ed and yours.  Blue and white mania.  Myself, the wife is out of town this upcoming weekend, I plan on swiping the baby seat and taking my 2 year old for a first run to Cars and Coffee Irvine.  Shhh...

Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

NK BREKR

Very cool!  Congrats Doc!  Beautiful Viper!

PCH VIPER

Congratulations Doc !!!   >v

You may well be the very first of our members to have one in their garage !
Can't wait to hear your feedback and firsthand thoughts of how the new Viper drives, performs and behaves.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Doc

Quote from: krafters on April 20, 2013, 10:56:54 PM
Oh man, congrats!  We need to get together a 96, 06 First Ed and yours.  Blue and white mania.  Myself, the wife is out of town this upcoming weekend, I plan on swiping the baby seat and taking my 2 year old for a first run to Cars and Coffee Irvine.  Shhh...

Sorry I didn't see all the responses earlier. Thanks guys.

Krafters, that would be cool to get some shots together. I might be able to get away for CnC this weekend. LMK if you are still planning to go.
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA

viperCFP

Doc, I just checked the weather, it looks clear.  I'm in Irvine, about 10 minutes north of CnC, so I can go off whatever your schedule is.  A fellow member nearby has an 06... paging MFujita...
Hmm, I'll probably leave the baby at home with Grandma, not sure how I'd be able to focus on him with a Launch Edition around <B

Quote from: Doc on April 24, 2013, 11:40:38 AM

Sorry I didn't see all the responses earlier. Thanks guys.

Krafters, that would be cool to get some shots together. I might be able to get away for CnC this weekend. LMK if you are still planning to go.
Michael
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

viperCFP

Oops, it just dawned on me that you might be referring to Carlsbad CnC.  I could make my way down south as well- would just need to be home by 10:30am, which should be plenty of time.  Let me know, also a time and a place (if you prefer to cruise in together).

I bet this is how you felt at the dealership:

Michael
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

Doc

I was actually thinking Irvine. What time do you have to get there these days to be able to park in the main lot?

Thats exactly how I felt at the dealer btw!
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA

PCH VIPER

Darn, I already have stuff going on early Sat. morning otherwise I'd be there for sure.
I'd say you should be there by 6:00am to get a decent parking spot in the lot.

Have fun you guys !  I'll have to catch you on the next one.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

viperCFP

Doc, Irvine it is!  When do you think you can make it?  I spoke with MFujita and he had a great idea.  I'll prob swing by his place en route, then head into the lot together.  We will save a spot in between our cars and fold out a couple lawn chairs until you arrive.  How does that sound?

Hoping some more snakes can make it out early too!  

Quote from: Doc on April 25, 2013, 05:28:59 PM
I was actually thinking Irvine. What time do you have to get there these days to be able to park in the main lot?

Thats exactly how I felt at the dealer btw!
Michael
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

T26

Would love to see the LE in person.  I'm going to try to make it out tomorrow morning.

Doc

Quote from: krafters on April 25, 2013, 09:54:12 PM
Doc, Irvine it is!  When do you think you can make it?  I spoke with MFujita and he had a great idea.  I'll prob swing by his place en route, then head into the lot together.  We will save a spot in between our cars and fold out a couple lawn chairs until you arrive.  How does that sound?

Hoping some more snakes can make it out early too!  

Sounds great. We should be able to get there before 7. How early do you think I need to get there to make sure they don't turn us away at the turn in point? (That happened last time i tried to go... different car but ...)
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA

viperCFP

I'll talk to the lady that stands at the entrance/turn-in point (always forget her name), and give her a heads up about your planned arrival.  I don't think that will be a problem.  Mike and I are planning on getting there at 6am per Lance's recommendation.  Sent you a PM too.  

Quote from: Doc on April 26, 2013, 12:19:11 PM
Sounds great. We should be able to get there before 7. How early do you think I need to get there to make sure they don't turn us away at the turn in point? (That happened last time i tried to go... different car but ...)
Michael
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)