Drive ACS Fontana or WS with the Sidewinders

Started by ViperX, January 09, 2013, 10:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Two great track events are just around the corner.

First, Speed Ventures will be driving Auto Club Speedway Fontana February 23 & 24.

Second, West Coast Racing will be driving Willow Springs March 2 & 3.

Both of these track outfits can be found on the web.

I plan to drive one or the other of these events depending upon the weather and will post here as these events get closer.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Leo

Fontana was a lot of fun in November, I'm in for another round! However, I think I'll wait until I can see the 5 day weather report this time before signing up. I think it rained everywhere except Fontana the last time!

Doc

Dan,

You can count me in for Fontana. I will need to run my NASA race car that weekend for testing purposes, and may not be able to run the Viper much. But I can instruct if any of the Sidewinders or would be Sidewinders needs assistance.

Cheers,
"Doc"
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

ViperX

I'll probably run only one day at Fontana as I'm planning to run Willow Spring with West Coast Racing the following weekend.

Dan  <2

Matthew G

For Fontana I would like to race but Dan Cragin's open house is on Saturday sooooo let me know if you guys will run on Sunday. <1
Thank you Matthew

redtanrt10

Just got a reminder notice from West Coast Racing to sign up for  their March event.

Jim Saxton the organizer does a great job and run a fun and safe event.

I got back into tracking my viper after a 5 year gap after I went to his fall '06 event and have only missed 2 of this twice annual track days (due to viper Days/NARRA conflicts) since.

They have a good beginner program and I'd be happy to drive with somone who has never been there or wants some help.

Great event at a viper fast track, this group is fun and the weather should be great!  Hope to see you there.  Mike

ViperX

Just got our rooms reserved.

Weather still looks good.

Would like to see some more guys driving.....

Dan

Banzai Ben

I'm signed up for Willow on March 2nd and 3rd and staying at the Devonshire Motel Sat night.  <2

Can't make the Fontana event..
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Matthew G

Leo

Wife surprised me on valentines with a Vegas trip this weekend. I'll catch up to you guys at the next one.

Matthew G

Fontana was very windy on Sunday but as we know when you drive a Viper there's nothing that could stop it.  After my second session I realized my 2009 ACR was simply amazing.  Going down the straightaway I got it up to about 150 but I was averaging around 140 every time.   ^2
Matthew 

PCH VIPER

Glad you had a great time out there today !

I almost made the drive out to Fontana to hang with you, but decided I had better go in to work instead.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Matthew G

>g  My fastest lap time at Fontana Speedway was a  2.00.  Has anybody else raced there and if so what time did you get?

Matthew

PCH VIPER

That is a great time for your first time out there in the Viper   >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Quote from: Matthew G on March 02, 2013, 08:21:17 AM
>g  My fastest lap time at Fontana Speedway was a  2.00.  Has anybody else raced there and if so what time did you get?

Matthew

That is a good time for your first time out.  After some practice, you will get into the mid 1:50s.  After more practice, you can get into the low 1:50's.  To get lower, you will likely want instruction.  When you get under 1:50, you will be running in the Race group with most track outfits.

Myself and some other club members normally run in the race group.

Keep practicing and be careful at ACS, lots of walls.....

See you at the track,

Dan  <2