Re: WILLOW SPRINGS with SPT, Jan 5th

Started by Viper Blondie, December 05, 2012, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

Thanks Doc for the great pics!

Thanks Jay for the cool video!

A very big THANK YOU to Dan Cragin and Garry Wong of SPT for putting on this awesome event and inviting all of us!
>v  >t   <15

Check out some more pics here on the Viper Truck Club of America
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f10/willow-springs-jan-5-2013-pictures-cherry-performance-55294/
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

hemotox

Quote from: Banzai Ben on January 06, 2013, 01:53:35 PM
Thanks Doc for the great pics!
Thanks Jay for the cool video!
A very big THANK YOU to Dan Cragin and Garry Wong of SPT for putting on this awesome event and inviting all of us!
>v  >t   <15
Check out some more pics here on the Viper Truck Club of America
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f10/willow-springs-jan-5-2013-pictures-cherry-performance-55294/

Ben, these photos shot early in the day when the sun was in the east casting shadows on the cars from the angle taken, but your screaming SSG monster still looks awesome.  Obviously you have a flare for the right color!  I am kinda partial to that color as well!  <2 <2 <2

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Banzai Ben

//Thanks Doc!  >t
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Derek

Quote from: OriginalRoot on January 06, 2013, 12:32:45 PM
O> Hey Doc, Nice Pix, Thank You !  Thanks to Dan Cragen Also, Hopefully this can become an Annual event  <L

yeah! That would be awesome!

PCH VIPER

What a great day out at WSIR !!
Clear (chilly) blue skies and a private day on the Fastest Track in the West is one heck of a way to kick off 2013 !   >v
64 cars were registered to drive on the track and well over 100 people came from all over SoCal, Cen Cal, Nor Cal, AZ, NV, TX and MI to attend this event.

I took over 900 pictures, processed and posted over 150 and as always, they are up on my site  www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few to get you started/

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

PCH VIPER

Group shot

PCH VIPER

The last time we had this many Vipers at WSIR was for our dear friend Dave Cawthorne's Memorial.

You know he was smiling from ear to ear watching the Vipers roar thru and having his Viper Family back at the track.

I can only hope that we are living up to his incredible passion, spirit and love which he had for our Club......

hemotox

Excellent pictures PCHVIPER, you know looking at some of those Orange County Club members and the amount of winter clothing they are wearing, you'ld would have thought it just snowed at Willows!  Hee Hee  >w

It was a magical day!

Mr. Fangs

Magical indeed.

Everyone was warned to expect cold mornings, and indeed at 7:00 it was foot stomping cold, however as soon as the sun came out, it warmed up nicely. Even the Palm Springs desert racing group enjoyed the weather.

Those who came out got to enjoy one of those events where lots of hard work under the surface made for a fantastic good time all around.

Everyone was scheduled to get in 6 20 minute sessions. Only one green group session needed to be cancelled due to clean up on the track. The program ran very close to schedule all day, and everybody got lots of track time.

Everybody also had lots of time to mill around, and look at the other prepared cars, as well as to have some great conversations with other Viper owners.

Of course the highlight was when Ralph and Dick drove through the gates, and went right to the pits. They opened up hoods and hatches so everyone could get up close and personal with the Gen V Viper.

With a start of the new year like this, indeed this will be the YEAR OF THE SNAKE!

Good to see you again too, Doc...
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Speedtactics

Fantastic day for sure! Thanks again to Dan Cragin for all the work he put in to making this a great event.  >t
it was great to see so many Vipers turn up for this one. Some people I have not seen in years.... some of you guys need to bring those snakes out of the garage more often. No more garage queens.
Aslo thanks to SRT and Ralph for treating us with 2 new 2013 Vipers at the track. It was great to see Ralph out there giving the full beans to the new GTS, and great to see the Viper lives on.  >r
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

MAMBA48

Thank you Dan and Gary from SPT for inviting us out to Willow Springs.
I came out as a spectator and had a great time watching the cars on the track and talking to the people in the pit.
That all changed to the WOW, or better OMG late in the afternoon.
I got a thrill ride from Ralph in the new GTS. What a sight when the rev limiter lights up the dash board, showing Stryker starring at you. It must be great to know what the car can do and even better, to use it at is fullest.
What a nice guy and great driver. That was awesome.

Also thanks for the great BBQ finish off the day.

Rolf
Mamba48

Doc

Doc, those are fantastic pics! Do you mind if I post some of the pics of my car on my FB pages? Can give you attribution?

Also great to see you guys there. Hope to meet more of you at the next event.

Doc II

P.S. Doc I, when Cathy asked for a name for my sidewinders hat I went with my nickname from other activities. Sorry I didn't realize there was already a Doc on the Forum. (Are there two "Docs" with sidewinder hats too? If so maybe I can add a roman numeral 2 on mine.)

Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

hemotox

Quote from: Doc on January 07, 2013, 04:05:52 PM
Doc, those are fantastic pics! Do you mind if I post some of the pics of my car on my FB pages? Can give you attribution?

Doc II

P.S. Doc I, when Cathy asked for a name for my sidewinders hat I went with my nickname from other activities. Sorry I didn't realize there was already a Doc on the Forum. (Are there two "Docs" with sidewinder hats too? If so maybe I can add a roman numeral 2 on mine.)

PM me and let me know what photos you want and I will copy you the originals.  Much higher resolution.

Anyone know what it costs to set up a day like last Sat at Willows on the Big Track?  if you do, PM me.

1HOTACR

Quote from: 1HOTLOA on January 03, 2013, 06:49:02 PM
Mike... you forgot I tow with a Hot Rod Lincoln..... >v
So... I had the fastest tow Truck up till this  weekend when 'Ben' showed up with that thing...  ^9

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E