Re: WILLOW SPRINGS with SPT, Jan 5th

Started by Viper Blondie, December 05, 2012, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

To All Drivers,

I met with Brian Kono yesterday at Lance's shop.  I've asked Brian to make up a few of his front tow hooks, stainless steel screen protectors for our front grilles and stainless steel screens for our SRT brake cooling ducts and bring them to the event.

I highly recommend these items and run them on my ACR.  Ask Peter Hauser if he'd recommend installing a screen over your front radiator area.....he has some recent experience dealing with this.

The front tow hooks are about a 10 minute install, so you guys could do them at the track.  The screens are DIY items for many of us but Dan Cragin could also install these for you.

I'd also ask Scott Hirko to bring a few "in car" fire bottles with mounts (mounts in front of the front passenger seat using the two existing front seat bolts) for our guys who don't have them yet.  This is an easy install too and could be done at the track in about 10 minutes.  This item could literally save your car from becoming a total.

See you at the track.

Dan  <2

Speedtactics

If anyone knows a head of time that they want to get a fire extinguisher and bracket for their viper please let me know I have gen 1/2 and gen 3 brackets and red,black, and chrome extinguishers.
Give me a call to discuss details and I can bring it out to the track.
805-216-2892 Hirk
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

redtanrt10

Thanks Dan!  After seeing the debris that punctured Peter's oil cooler last time I need to get the fron screen.  Great that Brian will have some on hand.  I definately want one.  Mike

1HOTACR

Quote from: redtanrt10 on December 30, 2012, 09:11:36 AM
Thanks Dan!  After seeing the debris that punctured Peter's oil cooler last time I need to get the fron screen.  Great that Brian will have some on hand.  I definately want one.  Mike
Me Too..... <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1HOTACR

Quote from: Hirkophoto on December 30, 2012, 08:50:15 AM
If anyone knows a head of time that they want to get a fire extinguisher and bracket for their viper please let me know I have gen 1/2 and gen 3 brackets and red,black, and chrome extinguishers.
Give me a call to discuss details and I can bring it out to the track.
805-216-2892 Hirk
I have Scott's set up   Very Nice!     <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Mr. Fangs

Dan.

What time would you like us to show up to the track on Saturday? <t

Paul
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Banzai Ben

Registration and tech opens at 7:00 am and mandatory drivers meeting is at 7:45 am.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

SSSSE YA

Quote from: Banzai Ben on January 02, 2013, 09:23:02 AM
Registration and tech opens at 7:00 am and mandatory drivers meeting is at 7:45 am.

Happy New Year! >d >d

For Saturday?

Speedtactics

Quote from: redtanrt10 on December 30, 2012, 09:11:36 AM
Mike,
These things take hours to install from what I understand. I want to do them too. I think you need to leave your car at his shop for the day.
Hirk
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Jay M

What tire pressure would you recommend for PS2 tires?  Any more or less on the track, than on the street?

thanks,
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Hirkophoto on January 02, 2013, 10:42:54 AM
Mike,
These things take hours to install from what I understand. I want to do them too. I think you need to leave your car at his shop for the day.
Hirk

Brian will be coming to WSIR and will have sets ready to be installed at the track !
He should be able to get them in pretty quick.

The big issue will be for the guys that already have a tow hook installed on their car.
If it is not a removable tongue piece, then it will be very difficult to get the screens installed.
Brian will have tow hooks at the track as well.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

I will be at Spaghettini's on Sat morning at 4:50 am and will leave at 5:00.

I'll make a fast stop at the Chevron/Dennys off Roxford and the 5 fwy and leave their promptly at 5:30.

Gates open at 7:00 and I want to be first in line  >v

Bring your 2 way radios    Channel 10
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Lance,
I'll meet you at Denny's at 5:18.

Banzai Ben

Quote from: SSSSE YA on January 02, 2013, 09:36:15 AM
Happy New Year! >d >d

For Saturday?

Yes, Saturday, bright and early! But maybe not as early as Lance and them, they are real early birds.
I plan on getting there around 7:00

Banzai Ben

Quote from: Jay M on January 02, 2013, 10:51:13 AM
What tire pressure would you recommend for PS2 tires?  Any more or less on the track, than on the street?

thanks,
~Jay

I've never run PS2's but I would think the factory recommended stock pressure would be good.
Others that run those tires might want to chime in.