Drifting at Willow Springs anyone?

Started by ViperX, June 07, 2012, 01:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to plan and organize a drifting event for our So Cal group.

I am currently xxploring a drifting class with instruction provided by Speed Ventures at Willow Springs.

Aaron's reply is below.

Please let me know here if you are interested either now or in the future.

Dan  <2

Hi Dan,

Yes, actually.  Bob Blizzard expressed interest a month ago and I've begun designing a program that will be open to everyone, but very limited in terms of participation (20 people max).  I just did a drift event for a private group of 9 people on Monday and it went quite well.  We taught people to do "Jim Rockford" turns :), which was quite fun, though more applicable to bank robbing than road racing.

If we lock it up with a group of folks from the Blizzard and Everts circles, great.  (We can always do more of these if it works out).

For the first event, two dates that seem like they might work are:  July 8 (Sunday) or August 5 (Sunday) at WSIR. The cost is going to be $250 due to the small attendance, but if we get enough attendance we will be able to drop the price and split into two half days.  Keeping the group small is important, however, because lots of seat time is key.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested.  Please let me know your preference of dates AND if you're willing to attend either date despite your preference.

Thanks,

Aaron Bitterman
Speed Ventures, Inc.
323-461-4795
www.speedventures.com

Banzai Ben

I'm definitely in! Been hoping to learn how to drive like my idol Tanner!  >w
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

The Stig would be all over you for this if he were home.   

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

This sounds like a GREAT event Dan !
The ultimate in car control and sooooo NOT easy to do gracefully.

WSIR in July could be rather toasty, but at least it would be reasonably priced.  Cost of tires may be a different story  >1

El Toro sure would be convenient but the cost will likely be more than most would be willing to pay.
Pomona may be an option....but running off their road surface could get really ugly.

Keep us posted !  I'm DYING to go out and try this.

We have a member down in Mission Viejo that used to do this ( maybe still does)  I can't remember who it was, but he may have some ideas too.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

JonathanL

I will go but only if Tanner is there  ^2

My tires are original run flats and resemble the hardness of rocks. I don't think I could ever wear them out.

August I will be back in Ohio, but any other weekend I should be OK.

Speedtactics

Lets do this in the fall when temps are not triple digits at Willow.  =16
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Quote from: speedtactics on June 14, 2012, 02:31:38 PM
Lets do this in the fall when temps are not triple digits at Willow.  =16

We could do it during the Summer if we do it at El Toro NAS here in OC.  While it would cost a bit more, saving the drive up and back (gas for the rig) and the hotel room for the night before, it would actually be less expensive for me.

I'll keep talking with Aaron and see what we can come up with.

Dan  <2