So, I went to get my smog check and.....

Started by Newport Viper, May 23, 2012, 02:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newport Viper

was denied...  >1

Seems CA is cracking down on the little sticker you need from K&N

Here is the link to get a sticker to save you some trouble before you go..... :(

http://www.knfilters.com/EODecalForm.pdf
04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

Thanks for the link.  Good stuff to know.
And great timing.
We will be visiting K&N on June 9th !
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Newport Viper

Not mine or Viper but, this is what the decal looks like.... Shops face a $10,000 fine for passing cars without it

From K&N website:

14. Are K&N performance air intake systems emissions legal in the US?

All intake systems are legal in most states because most states do not have regulations governing them. So this question really has to do with California and other states that have emission control standards. In order for an intake system to be legal in these states, it must receive an Exemption in the form of an EO number from the California Air Resources Board (CARB). To further complicate matters CARB exemption is issued only for specific part numbers used on specific vehicles. That means a part number can be CARB exempt for some vehicle applications and not others. There is no such thing as CARB Pending. A particular part number on a particular vehicle is either exempt or not. The best way for you to determine the status of the part number you are interested in for your vehicle is to look up the intake systems available for your vehicle in our vehicle/part search engine and check for CARB exemption. If you are unsure whether CARB exemption is required for a part to be legal in your state, check with your local or state motor vehicle or emissions agency.

04 SRT-10

Speedtactics

Hey Lance maybe we can grab a pile of these when we are there  >v
Stick them all over our cars
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Quote from: speedtactics on May 31, 2012, 09:30:51 PM
Hey Lance maybe we can grab a pile of these when we are there  >v
Stick them all over our cars

Great idea.

Grab three of them for me.

Thanks,

Dan

Lawrenzo

So, is CA requiring this only for full K & N systems, or does it apply all the way down to their filters?

Green Mamba

Any after market part involved in any way with the engine or exhaust needs a CARB sticker.  Go to the bar website to check if your part is legal.