EVENT DETAILS FOR INDE, AZ
(March 23 - 25, 2012)
Time Zone:
Mountain Time
Host Hotel:
Holiday Inn Express
1251 N. Virginia Ave.
Willcox, AZ  85643
You must call the hotel direct at 520.384.3333 and quote code 'NAR' prior to March 5 to receive group rate of $59 per night plus tax per room.

Other hotels in the Willcox, AZ area are: Quality Inn, Days Inn, & Super 8

Garage Details:
No garages available.
Friday Night Welcome Party:
Place to be determined.
VIDEO:
INDE Track (Configuration 3, Clockwise)
Saturday Night Banquet:
Will be held at "The Big Barn" on the INDE Motorsports facility property.  
Catered by Coronado Vineyards.  
Cocktail time: 6:30pm  
Plated dinner: 7:15pm
Paddock time and date:
To be determined.
Fuel availability:
To be determined.
Schedule: Coming Soon!

Uh.... Nothing on this site about you guys comming to MY hood for a track day!!??

Chris
AMS Flooring

PCH VIPER

You Arizona guys are toooo fast for us laid back Cali beach bums   >1

I fixed your post so it would have the details.   Not sure if anyone is making the trip out for this.

Have you driven this track?
Is your car going to be ready for it?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Speedy Gonzales

Quote from: PCH VIPER on February 07, 2012, 07:45:07 PM
You Arizona guys are toooo fast for us laid back Cali beach bums   >1

I fixed your post so it would have the details.   Not sure if anyone is making the trip out for this.

Have you driven this track?
Is your car going to be ready for it?

Car will be ready, I haven't drivin it yet but the other guys here have and why is no one coming?  =15
Chris
AMS Flooring

PCH VIPER

The Stig will have my trailer to tow his unicorn.
I think there may be a couple guys coming out that I talked to, but I'm not sure if they signed up yet.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Speedy,

Not sure who's going and who's not.  Likely a few guys will drive.

I have a driving event at Willow Springs on March 3 & 4 and another driving event on March 31 & April 1 at Buttonwillow, which is a birthday event for one of our track guys being hosted at Jonathan's house in Bakersfield.

You and yours are welcome at both events along with any other AZ track guys who would like to attend.

We leave for New York April 3 for the Gen IV unveiling party, gone all week, back on Sunday April 8, PM.

This date and it's location, i.e. 8+ hours tow for me, 4400 foot elevation and no services anywhere near this track just don't work for some of us this year, myself included. 

Really wish that NARRA could plan ahead a bit and get a local, quality track on the West Coast each year, but it just doesn't seem to happen.....I have asked.  Maybe you can talk to them???

Hope to see you soon,

Dan  <2

Speedy Gonzales

Ya it does suck no one is comming but with the auto show close to it I understand
Chris
AMS Flooring

XLR8

I have driven Inde and it is an awesome track. It rivals Spring Mountain. The facilities are great and the track is as smooth as a babys butt. Tons of elevation changes and very few walls. You guys dont know what you are missing.

Lance, I dont think the Stig is going to make it.

redtanrt10

Justin's#1

Hope you guys have a great time at the NARRA event!  Dan mentioned the NY trip but I think many would tell you this in a comparsion to Spring Mountain; distance from Irvine CA, 260 mi. vs. 560 mi, Mike Von Q host vs. NARRA, plus at Spring Mountain, gambling, resturants, legal brothels and $5.95 100 octane in town.  And Justin might add Vegas is only 60 mi away.

Have a great time!  Track looks like fun. 

Mike

ViperX

Quote from: redtanrt10 on February 22, 2012, 12:25:07 PM
Justin's#1

Hope you guys have a great time at the NARRA event!  Dan mentioned the NY trip but I think many would tell you this in a comparsion to Spring Mountain; distance from Irvine CA, 260 mi. vs. 560 mi, Mike Von Q host vs. NARRA, plus at Spring Mountain, gambling, resturants, legal brothels and $5.95 100 octane in town.  And Justin might add Vegas is only 60 mi away.

Have a great time!  Track looks like fun. 

Mike

Hey Mike,

I guess that's one way of saying that Inde is too far and doesn't have the "fringe benefits" of Spring Mountain.

Dan

XLR8

WOW   Brothels and gambling??? I guess I got the wrong websight. If there is a poor turnout we will not need to worry about NARRA coming west again.

ViperX

Quote from: Justins#1Fan on February 22, 2012, 07:12:24 PM
   WOW   Brothels and gambling??? I guess I got the wrong websight. If there is a poor turnout we will not need to worry about NARRA coming west again.

It would be nice if NARRA could PLAN AHEAD as there are some nice tracks out here.  Tracks like Auto Club Speedway at Fontana, Laguna Seca, Infineon, even Buttonwilow and Willow Springs.  They seem to want to come west during the middle of our rainy season and they always seem to miss out on the better dates. 

They will get lousy attendance out west if they continue to go to tracks like Chuckwalla (3rd gear motor cycle track in the middle of no where) and Inde which is 560 miles one way from Orange County, over 600 miles one way from LA - where most of our track guys live.

You are probably correct, we won't see NARRA again after Inde unless they plan ahead and get good dates at a popular track.

One day, if I come into some extra cash like a friend of mine in AZ (with a great wife), I'll go drive VIR, Road Atlanta, maybe Daytona, Road America and a few others.

Dan

redtanrt10

Justins#1, are you Shelli??  If so give my best to Tim and tell him congrats for a great accomplishment.

You brought up the Spring Mountain comparision, I added some fun, which you focused on,  but the main driver is distance.

I've been disapointed with NARRA's West coast commitment and spoke to Ben Keating in the fall and have had 3 or 4 email exchanges with LisaKay, their Events Manager in January.  Long story short with Lisa is that they struggle to find dates at tracks out here and have a limited window for western dates so they don't have to criss-cross the country.  She pointed out they were disapointed at Chuckwalla last year and I told her that having an event in the middle of nowhere SE CA is not the way to draw strong CA support.  I told her to get with Dan Everts (past president, zone director, active track enthusiast) and he would be able to make a successful event at a good viper track out here.  (Dan has seen all my notes to/from LisaKay but she has not reached out).

If I lived in PHX, no brainer, but close to a 600 mi tow (and time) each way is too much for me. I'll miss seeing the AZ group, Eddie Martin, the Archer's and others.  I won't miss NARRA, nice folks but they don't run events like Skip did.  NARRA is run more like a race series that provides track time for enthusiast's, Viper Days was focused on the amateur. They've seemed to go a different direction than Viper Days plus treat CA like a step child.

The twice annual vists to Spring Mountain with Mike VonQ hosting is probably the SoCal version of the old Viper days.  Love to see the Skip, Archer's, Eddie and the others come, add more instructors for the novice folks then it would be like the old days.  In 10 days we'll go to Willow with West Coast Racing, lot's of vipers there all driven by great folks.  In the fall at this event, probably half the red group was vipers and we had a blast. 

Long note but I wanted to tell you how I feel and not let you think I was not interested in the track events.  I hope you guys have a great time in Wilcox and I would be there if it was closer.  I do hope NARRA will come West in '13 but if they don't we have lot's of options to replace them.  Best wishes and have fun!!  Mike