Mojave Mile, anyone interested?

Started by Speedtactics, January 16, 2012, 10:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedtactics

Any one interested in doing this? I would love to get a group together to run this event.
Here is some info from the site:
Mojave Mile 2012 Event Dates:

May 5 - 6, 2012       September 29 - 30, 2012

Mojave Magnum Event Date:
(a special 1.5 mile event)
June 2-3, 2012
Mile Shootout racing is now on the West coast!

That's right – standing-start, flat out speed,
as fast as you can go in ONE MILE!

In conjunction with the Mojave Air and Space Port, a private airfield in Mojave, CA, the Mojave Mile Shootout is the latest and best venue for top-speed mile runs.  This facility features a 12,000' runway, which allows a comfortable braking margin for the fastest machines, the latest in accurate laser timing equipment, a top-notch staff of experienced professionals and safety response teams, and a huge Paddock area with P.A. system, catered food, and overnight set-up capability.

The Mojave Mile is open to both cars and motorcycles, and is held multiple times per year. Also, in 2012 we are introducing our new elite Mojave Magnum event, with vehicles running a full 1.5 miles! Mark your calendar NOW to attend one of the most exciting new racing venues in the country!
More info here:http://mojavemile.com/
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Would be fun to watch.

There are quite a few safety requirements for higher HP cars and you'd better have very good tires, properly inflated if you plan to drive your Viper.

If you plan to run, make sure you check their website before showing up.

Dan

PCH VIPER

The Club is DEFINITELY doing this as an event.
The details have not yet been released by Mojave Mile so we are waiting before posting it up.

We will go out early so that those who want to run can.  Those that just want to watch, there will be a spectator area at the finish line and really cool cars to check out in the paddock area.

Long time Club member, Bob Griffith, will have his very famous 1000hp twin turbo viper out there and will be well over 200 mph !!! >v

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Do we know who has signed up to drive or are we just watching?

Dan

PCH VIPER

I know that Bob Griffith is signed up with his 1000 hp twin turbo.  I got to check it out a couple weeks ago .  >r

What an amazing car and he is after the record.

kenalker

I would like to watch, and maybe even sign up; but depends on the date we pick.  I noticed the September date overlaps with VOI 12.

Mr. Fangs

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Derek

sounds like fun i may be interested in going and possibly running. ill have to look into all the safety requirement first tho...

what date will the so-cal viper club be going?

PCH VIPER

The details for this event were very slow in coming from the promoters of the Mojave Mile.   
Michael Von Quillich was able to get us a private track weekend at Spring Mtn which is on the same weekend so we took it.
I know a couple of guys will be at the Mojave Mile, but the majority of us will be at Spring Mtn.

Derek

where is spring mtn. located at?
any info on this event?

ViperX

Quote from: Derek on March 04, 2012, 09:17:33 AM
where is spring mtn. located at?
any info on this event?

Derek,

Go to the "Sidewinders" track events section for more info.

Dan