SCENIC DRIVE & BRUNCH @ the TERRANEA RESORT!

Started by Pam, December 06, 2011, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Thank You Dave !!!!  This place was AWESOME !  I felt like I was thousands of miles away from home on a week long vacation. 

The weather was absolutely perfect for a short scenic cruise and the food was superb !

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Pam

Big thank you to Dave for putting this event on for us!  This was probably the most awesome brunch spread of food we've ever seen, and it all tasted wayyyyy too good.  The hawk show was incredible.  I wish I could go see that every week.  I don't know where I've seen better ocean views and scenery anywhere on the western coast.  It's such a beautiful place to visit.  So relaxing and gorgeous.  And thanks, Lance, for having such a great event for the Club.  Pam
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

Bad News

I wanted to say thank you to Dave for putting on the Terranea Brunch event.  I was really impressed with the quality of everything.  The brunch was excellent.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to see the Falcon show.  The run and everything was most enjoyable!  Paul 
'01 Red RT10

Newport Viper

Thank again for coming out! >t

I can't make many events because I work the weekends so, sometimes I got to bring you guys to me!

More of Lance's work.... >u

04 SRT-10

HISSSN1

WOW looks like the trip up north to pick up the golf cart was nothing to this weekend trip. Hope you put this on again I will be there. Glad you all had a great time.  Eddie
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Newport Viper

One last fascinating factoid below..... and I KNEW there was a Viper connection to Terranea.

Terranea was the site of the former Marlineland of the Pacific form 1954-1987. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marineland_of_the_Pacific

As I was Googleing away I knew there was a rich TV/Movie presence here check out the last line....  ^2

While still in operation, the park was prominently featured in several television shows, including two episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters, The Partridge Family, Hart to Hart, Emergency!, The Colbys, Sea Hunt and later, an A Team episode a year before the park closed.[1] In one episode of the Lucy Show, Lucille Ball falls into a Marineland animal exhibit. In 1958, Dixieland jazz artist Red Nichols recorded a live album at Marineland. In an episode of Wonderbug, titled Fish Story, Marineland was integral to the plot. Marineland was also briefly featured in the Charles Bronson film, The Mechanic.

Since its closing, scenes for several feature films have been shot at the location, including the first three Pirates of the Caribbean films, Charlie's Angels, Inspector Gadget, Fun with Dick and Jane, Pearl Harbor, The Aviator, Hidalgo, and Life As A House. For the latter, the suburban neighborhood exterior was entirely constructed from scratch on the site, as it was for Fun with Dick and Jane.

Several TV shows have also used the site for their filming needs, including regular use by NBC's Fear Factor and one episode of Viper.

^8 Who knew.... <m <2
04 SRT-10