RICHARD'S SPRING RUN

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

=15

RICHARD'S SPRING RUN
SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012
MEET AT 10 AM

Richard Palkovic will lead our Vipers on a merry chase through the hilly, twisty, turning roads on past Temecula where we will stop at Rainbow Oaks Restaurant for lunch about 11:30 or so.  This is a spirited, fun drive and the food at Rainbow Oaks is served in huge portions (and it's good!). 

We will meet at 9:30AM at the Shell Station on Temescal Canyon Rd, Corona: MAP TO SHELL STN .  This is at the TEMESCAL off ramp about 7 mi. south of Hwy 91; address: 23255 Temescal Canyon Rd, Corona.
WE WILL LEAVE AT 10 AM for the run.  There are some nice twisties and hills to drive through, and Richard will try to keep us under a 95 mph for the switchback curves.   
>1 
It is recommended that you go to the AutoX the month before to get ready for this!  (just kidding).  This will be a great run for you to wake up those Vipers after hiding them away from the rain and winter weather.

The Corvette Club is coming into the Rainbow Oaks Restaurant about an hour after our planned arrival; so let's not lag along on that twisty ride, Viper guys!  We want to get there and get all the BEST PARKING SPOTS before they start arriving!!!

COME ON, SIGN UP!: It is not necessary to let us know, so if you get a last minute opportunity to join us, please do so!  But if we can get a reasonable head-count it will help the restaurant and allow us to get better service, so if you know you can go, say so.

1.   Richard & Charlene
2.   Paul & Pam
3.   Paul Hawker & Teresa
4.   Dave & Lisa
5.   Nino & Ruth
6.   Lance
7.   Ray
8.   Laura & Demoe
9.   Eddie (and happy birthday to you that weekend!)
10. Ron & Mary B.
11. Luke & Cher
12. Ron & Nora
13. Jeff & Jen
14. Dan Campbell in his Viper, & his son in his Prowler
15. Jon L
16. Steven & Carol
17. Dan & Mayo
18. Bruce Conklin
19. Craig & Dolly
20. Ron & Nora
21. Michael
22. Chris W.
23. Mikan
24. Tony & Sherrie
25. Raj & Spencer
26. Brett
27. Jay and Jennifer
28. Tom & Shawn
29. John & Bridgit
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

Derek

Sweet!

This happens to be on my birthday! And its somewhat more local to me here in San Diego!

How long will the drive be and what is the start and end times of this run? Or is that yet to be announced?

Pam

Derek, Richard is going to start planning the route for his run in a few days and will give me the info to put up on the forum ASAP!  Glad the Viper Club can make this a happy birthday for you! 
<14

Newport Viper

I have been on Richards runs before and they are a lot of fun! He will have a huge turnout!
04 SRT-10

Nino Valmassoi

Nino and Ruth will be there.  If Richard will hold the tight turns to 80 mph, it would be appreciated. <21

ViperX

Quote from: Nino Valmassoi on February 04, 2012, 09:20:16 AM
Nino and Ruth will be there.  If Richard will hold the tight turns to 80 mph, it would be appreciated. <21

No worries, his yellow car was much faster than his copper one!

Derek

what time will this event be over?
Also is there an address to where we are meeting up?

PCH VIPER

Hey Derek,
Richard hasn't finalized the run yet.  My guess is that we will be done around 1:00 or so.
I'm sure Richard will pre run this and get us the details shortly.  He never fails us and always takes us on some great driving roads.   
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Pam

<
OK VIPER GUYS!  It's planned.  See the post with the changes, please, but this recaps it:
930AM at the Shell Station at Temescal Canyon Rd, leaving on the run from there at 10am.  We should arrive about 11:30 at the Rainbow Oaks Restaurant, which is about 10 miles or less south of Temecula right off the I-15 for easy access to head home.  These runs through the hills in this area are always fun and Richard does a great job planning the route.  
The food at the Rainbow Oaks Restaurant comes in HUGE portions so plan to be fed well with good food.   See ya at the run!  Pam
<13

PCH VIPER

Derek

I really want to make this event but i have something going that weekend. you see i race goped if your not sure what they are here is a pic of one of my personal ones...

I have a race that weekend saturday and sunday up in apple valley and this event is right on the way!

Here is my idea that i need yours guys help with....

me and my dad both want to come to this event.
my dad can drive my truck up fully loaded with all my race stuff and ill be in the viper.
my dad can hop in with me in the viper at the start of the run. and we can go on the run with everyone.
the downside is i need a place to store my truck. its a 00' ford ranger that will be loaded with aprox 10k worth of race peds and equipment. I am hopping maybe someone that lives not far away from where we will be at aprox 20-30 mile radius preferably off the 15 will let me store my truck in their garage or somewhere very safe while we are on the viper run.

LMK guys if you can help me out i'd really like to make this event!

PCH VIPER

Hey Derek,

Pretty cool stuff !  
Goped Races

You need to get some Heelys !!

Derek

Quote from: PCH VIPER on February 28, 2012, 09:54:24 PM
Hey Derek,

Pretty cool stuff !  
Goped Races

You need to get some Heelys !!

yep thats it. i took first that race. that was my last race of the season of 2011. ill be on my way to that exact track the weekend of this run.

and heelys? are u talking about those shoes that lil kids wear that have wheels on them?

PCH VIPER

Yes !  Less friction as you are going around those corners  >v

10 BANGR

Demoe and Laura will be there.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES