Main Menu

Willow Springs Video

Started by Jean Girard, July 27, 2011, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean Girard

So... I FINALLY Created the Video of the Viper X10 Lap Record at Willow Springs and uploaded it on the Web. For those interested, there's an inside view of the car and the dash of the Data Acquisition showing Lap times, and Speed in MPH.

Here it is: http://www.viperx10.com/videos.html
Terry R - www.viperx10.com

1HOTACR

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

Hmmm..... My line is a little bit different than his.    <B
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Amazing cornering speeds Terry in 9 and 1.

Not so much in the straights.

Wonder how much faster you'd be with more HP?

Congrats,

Dan  <19

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Terry,

that was great and I'm glad you posted this!  You are so smooth!  Want to try your 3-4 line as well as some of the differences you do in the 8-9.  thanks so much.  Hope to have you show me more at Willow!

Mike

Jean Girard

Thanks for your replies guys.

I am glad you liked it.

I had to show how crazy fast the car is. As you can see in the Video, 1:24:08 without ever breaking loose or even trying to. Not a single correction needed anywhere. The car is planted on/Riveted to the ground!!! It was like a cruise. YES, for those who know what I am referencing, I could have been drinking my "Machiatto" peacefully (and smoking a cigarette with the other hand) while doing these laps. Amazing handling.

I am very happy with the work we did on this car as we didn't really know how efficient it would be when we started the project.  Now, we are hitting the wall with an obvious problem: The chassis could obviously handle a lot more speed, but the stock gen 3 motor has its limitations (good eyes Dan). With a 700 hp gen4 this car would be INSANE!!! I want to see what that would do. 1:22 or less?!? Guaranteed!!!

I hope to build one soon...

PS: I posted the lap times on fastestlaptimes.com (search Viper X10) there's also a forum, check it out and feel free to add your comments (I am going through lots of critics from guys who don't believe in the car). I could use a little support from the Viper Guys...  ;)
Terry R - www.viperx10.com

NK BREKR

Awesome video and lap times, super smooth.  I will check out the other forum and provide some support!  Congrats again.

G-Force aka Garry G

Nice, I did a 1:46 at Fontana last time their about 3 weeks ago and my fastest was a 1:45.9  See you willow!  PS:  Also turned a 1:35 at Laguna Seca coasting for 3 seconds past the sound booth between turn 5 and 6!