AROUND CHUCKWALLA VIDEO, March 2011

Started by ViperX, April 06, 2011, 03:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Check out this video clip.

I ran these two laps "CCW" at NARRA's Chuckwalla event Sunday morning during the second half of the first session after a few tips from Bob Blizzard.

This should give you a good idea of the track if you should ever want to drive it.  

Enjoy,

Dan  <2

PS  First lap was 1:57.5, second lap was 1:58.2

HISSSN1

Very cool Dan nice lap times thank you. Nice camera very clear.  Eddie
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Banzai Ben

Great video! Smooth and nice line, I'll have to make a few changes to my line next time.
Thanks.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

Very nice !!!!

I probably could have been just as smooth and fast......if I didn't have to keep sticking my arm out the window   >1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_VI4K3yXQ

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

So who are you chasing?

Looks like the Stig!

EXHLR8N

Dan - great video ..... this really helps with seeing the lines.  Was the car sliding in any of the turns?  It certainly didn't look so.

Lance - I guess we have to put out the cigars and get serious!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on April 07, 2011, 04:02:25 PM
Hey Lance,

So who are you chasing?

Looks like the Stig!

Yup !
Sad thing is that I know this is probably the only time I'll be that close to him......unless I happen to be following him home with the GTS-R on the trailer.

ViperX

Hey Bruce,

Car was very well planted.  I could have gone faster.  I had Bob Blizzard in the car with me during the first half of this session.

After this session Bob mentioned that my car was one of the best "hooked up" Vipers that he'd been in.....and he's been in more Vipers than most.

FYI, I borrowed a set of scales and corner weighted the car myself.  Then I bought some of the tools and started doing my own alignments a couple of years ago and am improving.  I'm getting pretty good tire wear now too in addition to good traction.  Terry Rossi and Bob Blizzard both helped me get started, so I had good instruction.

Next purchase will be set of scales.

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Dan, tried a number of times and can't get this to play! (downloaded the software, etc, not sure what isn't happening?)

Lance,

time to shift into 4th gear!  You've got at least 3 sections  on this track where you need to be in 4th, shift!!!

Mike

1HOTACR

So when 'Dan's Custom Viper Alignment' shop opens I would like to be the first paying customer.
Will you have loaner Vipers?

Glenn.............. <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

Quote from: redtanrt10 on April 08, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
Dan, tried a number of times and can't get this to play! (downloaded the software, etc, not sure what isn't happening?)

Lance,

time to shift into 4th gear!  You've got at least 3 sections  on this track where you need to be in 4th, shift!!!

Mike

>1  You want me to point with one hand, shift with the other and steer all at the same time.

ViperX

Hey Glenn,

I spend sooo much time working on cars now (I think you too are now in that place) that I might as well start making some money doing it!  

The alignment and maintenance shop will open this summer.

Dan

PS Between the two of us, we now have a car show!

Rocketman

Quote from: PCH VIPER on April 07, 2011, 02:49:15 PM
Very nice !!!!

I probably could have been just as smooth and fast......if I didn't have to keep sticking my arm out the window   >1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_VI4K3yXQ

Lance, I looked at your videos and saw that you captured me looking good .  Thanks !   That is a great set up you have there.    The track was a blast.
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

Speedtactics

Was that the same Stig that drove his car into the dirt a few times? Pretty sure that was a gtsr
Hirk
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Jean Girard

Hey Dan,

I watched the Video. Nice!!! I hope you didn't get too tired with all the shifting!!!  ^8

Terry R - www.viperx10.com