Iforged wheels for my 5 spokes

Started by 10 BANGR, March 11, 2011, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10 BANGR

Ok my dearest club members. I have a VCA member out of Georgia wanting to straight up swap his polished Iforged 20s for my 5 spoke chrome plated OEMs. He mentioned I would need a 8mm spacer to clear the brake calipers. Does anyone here have these on their Gen 3 and would I need longer studs. Is this worth it?

Here is the pic of the wheels.

Here are mine.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

1HOTACR

Personally I think your Viper looks perfect the way it is.  Plus your ride is going to be harder on the road with
lower profile tires.  I would never give up a set of OEM wheels unless I was replacing them with a newer model
or storing them.

Glenn......... <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

10 BANGR

Thanks Glenn.
I wasn't sure about it since I really like my OEM wheels and the spacer needed for the Iforged wheels is not something I feel comfortable with. And like you said the ride will be harder so I think I'll rather buy a second set of wheels instead.  <1

Hey Art, I know you gotta think I'm crazy if I did this.

NK BREKR

I don't know Demoe, those Iforge look pretty good to me, but the 5 spokes in chrome are very purrrdddyyy too.  Decisions, decisions...

ViperX

Demoe,

Just my 2 cents.  As Glenn says above, the ride and handling will suffer due to smaller sidewalls.

Running spacers is another negative as this changes the off set and may also adversely affect handling and suspension wear.

Swapping GTS based wheels onto SRT's doesn't usually work as well as we hope.  Swapping the other way, i.e. SRT wheels onto GTS works fine.

Dan

10 BANGR

I totally agree with you Dan. The deal is off.

Demoe