Streets of Willow Fri Mar 4th $135

Started by Banzai Ben, February 22, 2011, 08:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

If anyone is interested, my friend is having an open track event at the Streets of Willow next Friday. Any level drivers are welcome. I plan on being there. Should be pretty open and low key. $135 extended through this week.

http://autoentourage.com/Events.html

Thanks,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

This deal just got better !
I just received the following email from Philip:

"This is Philip from four minute mile productions.  We are producing a reality television show and have been using the track(s) at Willow Springs for some of our production.  On Friday the 4th of March, we are working with www.autoentourage.com to train some of our people on "Streets" track.  For our purposes we will only have one Lotus on the track and obviously to us, this seems like a waste of space.  To that end, I want to invite the Viper Club to come and make use of the track.  Given that even including the amount of your members I assume will want to come out on short notice, there should only be 20-30 cars out there total, so there will be plenty of running room for everyone.  The day will run the same as most track events --with skill groups.  Also, there will be an instructor with extensive Viper experience should any of your members wish to improve their track skills.  We are looking to recover track fees on this day, so the fee is only $110.00 to any Viper Club member.  Snacks will be provided as well.  This day is only about fun and cars, there is no profit motive or selling environment, so anyone that shows up will have a great time.  If you want to bring a group out that larger than 5, there will be a further discount.  If anyone would like to register, please have them contact me directly at this email address or on my cell at 626 664 9219 as the website price is more.  If you have any questions please feel free to call me as well. "
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

I know Ben is going and I'm trying hard to do some shifting of my schedule to attend as well.
So................ <12

1HOTACR

This is VERY tempting.  I may have to pull out the mothballs in 1HOTV10.  For now put me down
for a definite maybe.  The streets of Willow is similar to  the Spring Mountain track.  Lots of turns and and a top
speed of 100 to 120 mph.  Lance or Ben are they going to run CW or CCW?   Glenn.......... <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1HOTACR

O.K. Talked with the "LOA Goddess I'm in.  I will be trailering my car so I will have tools, floor jacks etc.  available for (our Viper club members).  If you haven't tracked your Viper before and are planing to go
to Viper Days or Spring Mountain you might want to come out and get a taste.

Dan I expect you there!    <1 Glenn..........  
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Banzai Ben

Hey Glenn,
I spoke to my friend and he said they will be running clockwise but that later in the day, if everyone wants to run ccw,  they might switch it.
Glad you can make it. Should be nice with only about 20 cars.
Ben

PCH VIPER

Justin...

Oh Justin.......

C'mon Stig.....let's go.

We can chase Fast Eddie around.    <2

Outspeed

I'm going to be MIA for this event...rain check?

ViperX

Not a big fan of the Streets, just too slow and twisty for my tastes.

A bit hard on tires and brakes too.

My business can be very seasonal - this is my season and we're buried with work.

Nevertheless, I'll see if I can get away.

Dan

PCH VIPER

So far we have:
Ben
Glenn
Lance
Scott

Shall we meet at the Denny's off Roxford St?

PCH VIPER

Gates open at 7:00
Drivers meeting at 8:30

Let's meet at Denny's off Roxford at 6:45 and leave before 7:00.  That will get us to WSIR at 8:00

Banzai Ben

Sounds good, I'll see you there.
Which Scott is going?

PCH VIPER

>u
The slow one  >w   (although he's faster than me)....come to think of it everyone is faster than me  >o

1HOTACR

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 01, 2011, 03:34:42 PM
>u
The slow one  >w   (although he's faster than me)....come to think of it everyone is faster than me  >o

Maybe It's time to create a "SIDEWINDER" BLUE GROUP with a little shade of GREEN!
Sorry Ben your to fast.   Your in the ORANGE group.... <u

Glenn...........
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Banzai Ben

The event was awesome! Only 10 cars and we only paid $110 each. We basically had the track to ourselves along with the skidpad. Glenn, Scott, Ken, and I were in our own run group along with my friend in an NSX and a GTR.
I'll post the next event when they have it.
Here's a clip of the end of my skidpad run which corded my tires and ended my day, but it sure was fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cdnq1ThCPw