LAKE ARROWHEAD RUN - Sat. June 11

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 11:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

RUN TO LAKE ARROWHEAD

SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2011

Details have been firmed up for this run !!  Please sign up if you think you might attend so we can get a count for the restaurant.

We will have a really nice cruise up to Lake Arrowhead with some nice twisty roads and absolutely beautiful views.
We will have lunch in Cedar Glen at Borderline Restaurant where they will block out parking for our cars.  They are going to set up a Mexican buffet for us, so this will eliminate the long wait for food.  Cost will be $14.00 each and include soft drinks.  Tip is not included.

Following lunch, we have parking blocked out at the Village Center so we can park and stroll the shops at the Village Center.  There is also a boat tour available for those who wish to go.  Tickets are available at Leroy's Ski and Sport and can be purchased up to an hour before the tour.  The tours leave every hour on the the hour.

<19

We will start the caravan to Lake Arrowhead at the Chevron located at CLICK HERE FOR MAP LINK 12659 Foothill Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga.  PLAN TO MEET AT THIS CHEVRON STATION AT 9:45AM SO WE CAN START THE RUN UP TO LAKE ARROWHEAD AT 10:15  There should be a good photo-op at a rest stop on the way up.  We'll arrive at the Borderline Restaurant at 11:30
<2
SAN DIEGO AREA GROUP:  Those who want to ride together, please be at the PARK & RIDE, HWY 76 & I-15, ABOUT 8:15.  WE ARE PULLING OUT AT 8:30 SHARP!

THOSE WHO PLAN TO ATTEND:

1.  Lance & Halie
2.  Luke
3.  Art
4.  John B +1
5.  Richard & Char
6.  Anthony
7.  Scott
8.  John C.
9.  Hemotox
10.Joel "The Rootster"
11.Justin
12.Jim & Judy
13.Steve & Keith
14.Ron & Nora
15.Bill & Jerrie
16.Jiri
17.Norman
18.Larry
19.Richard
20.Paul & Pam
21.Nino
22.Ron & Patsy
23.Ray + 1
24.Scott & Pat
25.Gary & Melissa
26.Tim & Lexy
27.Mike & Sarafina
28.Dave & Lisa
29.Steve + 1
30.Dan & Mayo
31.Paul & Theresa
32.Jim Becker
33.Ron & Mary
34 Mike & Matthew
35 Bill & Jeri Carli

For anyone that wants to get an early start and take in the world famous Biscuits and Gravy at Flo's Diner located at the Chino Airport, we will be there at 7:45 am for breakfast.   From there we will head over to the first meet point.
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

MAMBA48

I was just up there a couple of weeks ago. The road up to Running Springs (330) is closed. i took the Waterman (18) exit of the (210).
We had lunch at the Belgian Waffle Place right at the Lake front. They have a patio during the summer.
A couple of years ago I was up there for a Porsche Club meet were the lined up all the cars along the Lake Arrowhead boardwalk. They went from the earliest 356 to the 912, 911 all the way to the 911GT3 RS. It was a great display.

PCH VIPER

The Belgian Waffle house is the best !   We had a house on the lakefront for 8 years and spent every weekend up there.   Absolutely beautiful.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

can probably make this one, if I can get OriginalRoot up that early to cruise to the East!  I think we must be the only LA county members?

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Luke

I had a really great time at the car clinic! The dinner at Penwals was awesome as Disneyland is my favorite park. I hope all is well for everyone and look forward to seeing all of you again! This will be another fun run! Take care, Luke

AceFang

Count me in + one guest, probably a grandchild.  I can finally join Club activities now that my umpire season is over.  I am looking forward to it!
John Bennett

ViperX

Hey Doc,

Our turn to be out of town!

Cathy and I will be visiting Lance's Pacific Island paradise.

Dan

hemotox

Viper X,

I had a cancellation in my booked weekends and I am probably going to be available for this one.  If I can get Root up and running with his slow blue snake we will be there.  However, we will probably take the 60 to Chino, breakfast at Flo's then meet the nest of snakes in or near Yucaipa.

Where are you going to in Hawai'i ?

I get a rash when I drive into Orange Co.  So we will probably avoid all those packed OC traffic roads and meet at the base of the mountain.

PCH VIPER

Hey Doc,
Definitely get with the Root and drag him out for this.  We are meeting in Rancho Cucamonga and heading up from there.  The road up is going to be a fun drive.

Let me know what time you are going to breakfast....I may have to meet you guys for my biscuits and gravy fix.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Doc,

We are visiting three islands starting at Maui, on to the Big Island then on to Oahu before coming home.

Will be gone about 10 days.  Nothing crazy planned, just cruising around, seeing the sights, maybe hiking a bit and generally taking it easy. 

Cathy set up the itinerary, so this is about as much detail as I have involved myself in at this time.

Dan

hemotox

Put me down for this one, if I can get OrignialRoot on board.  I think we are the only two So Cal Viper club members who live in LA County!  He has an extremely slow Shelby Blue GTS coupe that someone has to run wing man with him so he doesn't get lost! He generally has more excuses than I do for not coming on Viper Events, but I will beat on him to adjust his calendar for this one.

I would like to make a suggestion that anyone coming on this run meet at:

Flo's Diner, 7000 Merrill Avenue, Chino Airport @ 7:45 AM.

We get the snakes together in the parking lot, have the famous Flo's sausage and biscuit gravy breakfast and then at 9:15 head to Rancho Cucamonga Petrol Station. 

>q   >v

hemotox

Hey we need to talk this run up.  Last year we had 29 vipers.  Need some major PR work here.

Flo's is on for 7:45 AM on June 11th.  Below is the map.

hemotox

It is 15.6 miles from Flo's in Chino to the Rancho Cucamonga Petro Station.  Should be a no problem connection.
A is Flo's and B is the Cheveron Station in Cucamonga

Where is Arturo del Toro?  I'll buy his breakfast at Flo's.

Speedtactics

Thinking I may make this, depends on what we have going on at home. I would be solo.  =17
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

CurtDose

Sorry Lance. I'll be vacationing in Spain and Portugal with family, and Fly'ng Low will be tucked away in the garage. Have a great run. See you next time.

Curt