Drive Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures Jan 29 & 30

Started by ViperX, December 23, 2010, 09:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

BUTTONWILLOW TRACK EVENT WITH SPEED VENTURES!

Speed Ventures will be running Buttonwillow Raceway on Jan 29 & 30.

This is a great track for beginning to advanced drivers.

SV will have run groups for all skill levels.

Cathy and I will likely make this one, weather permitting.

For more info or to sign up, go to:  www.speedventures.com

See you at the track,

Dan  <19

Scottp

Dan,

It's pretty likely the three Pennington's will make this run.  BW is a great track for all levels of drivers - a fun track for sure!

Thanks for posting.

Scottp

ViperX

Glad to hear you guys might make this one.

Fun, tight track for your brother's GT3.

We'll have to see if we can outrun him!

Hope the weather cooperates.

We should share garages together.  Let me know if you'd like to share a garage Scott, then Chris and Mike can share one too.

Dan

ViperX

Just signed up for this event.

Weather looks good.

Bob Blizzard is planning to go and drive his race truck.

Should be fun for all.

Hope to see a few more Sidewinders at this event.

Dan  <2

Scottp

Hi Dan,

The three Pennington's are signed up for the weekend.  Mike and I are staying at the track in our motorhomes's.

We're looking forward to it - see you at the track. >v

Scott

kenalker

I've been down with a back injury since Spring Mountain in October (haven't even been able to remove the car from the trailer!), but I think I can climb back in again.  However, I just noticed oil on the floor of the trailer under the front left side so I've got to check that out and if it isn't something broken, I'll be signing up!

Ken

ViperX

Hey Ken,

Good to hear you're doing better.

Hope all is well with your GTS.

See you at the track,

Dan

kenalker

It appears the oil is dripping from the duck bill spouts on the bottom of the air box.  It appears to be coming from what I assume is the PCV that dumps into the airbox.  I think I'd just never noticed the residual effects before since I have always driven the car back from the track, whereas this time it went right into the trailer and dripped onto the floor.  I believe I'm good to go.  I signed up for Saturday but Sunday is full; I'm really hoping someone bails on Sunday, although I'm 20th on the waiting list so I may be sitting Sunday out.  I think I'll head up Friday in hopes that I can use the skid pad to heat cycle my new Kumho's before the track closes, although I'm told there is a private event going on so perhaps I'll be running them shaved but with no heat cycle.

What hotel is everyone staying in?

Ken

PCH VIPER

Quote from: kenalker on January 26, 2011, 09:12:14 PM
It appears the oil is dripping from the duck bill spouts on the bottom of the air box.  It appears to be coming from what I assume is the PCV that dumps into the airbox.  I think I'd just never noticed the residual effects before since I have always driven the car back from the track, whereas this time it went right into the trailer and dripped onto the floor.  I believe I'm good to go.  I signed up for Saturday but Sunday is full; I'm really hoping someone bails on Sunday, although I'm 20th on the waiting list so I may be sitting Sunday out.  I think I'll head up Friday in hopes that I can use the skid pad to heat cycle my new Kumho's before the track closes, although I'm told there is a private event going on so perhaps I'll be running them shaved but with no heat cycle.

What hotel is everyone staying in?

Ken

Hey Ken !
I hope all is well up your way. 
Sounds like it's time to add a catch can.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Hey Ken,
Glad to hear you got the problem fixed.  I'm not going this weekend, but would recommend you stay at the Red Roof    Inn, since it is very close to the track and  they give you free breakfast vouchers for the Travel America center, it was OGO's favorite place.  This was the place we had breakfast at in 2009 during Viper Days, I think you might be able to get a discount rate at the hotel if you mention that you're going to the track.

ViperX

Ken,

Chris P and I are staying at the Motel 6 in Buttonwillow.

Scott and Mike P are staying in their motorhomes.

Plan to join us for dinner Saturday night at the Penningtons motorhome at the track.  Bring a chair and a drink.

See you at the track,

Dan

PS  Time for a catch can as Lance says - you're getting faster!

kenalker

Thanks for the updates everyone!  I'm in the "other" Motel 6 (the Red Roof Inn is also a Motel 6 but it was sold out).  Turns out that despite the Red Roof Inn being the "host hotel" the other one is $10 less (but no breakfast vouchers).

Dinner Saturday sounds great!  Let me know if I can bring anything.

Catch can is next on the list.  Can't afford the brakes yet, so this gives me a new car project while saving ;-)  Now I just need to find an "illustrated upgrades" for the Gen 2 (Gen 3 and Gen 4 are out there, but can't find Gen2).

Ken

PCH VIPER

Call Hirko....he just did his.
Maybe you can sweet talk him into taking it off his car before it sells.

Viper Blondie

While we had fog on Saturday morning and pretty much rained out on Sunday afternoon, the guys still got in some pretty good sessions... This group of four were all under 2 minutes!

VonQ, Dan, Kurt, Chris

Scott P.

Chris P. in red - Scott P. in white

George M's Comp Coupe

Kurt S - ACR-X and yellow SRTC

Kurt

Virginia, Michael VonQ and Tapper

George, Dan & Ross

Ken A.

Chris P.

Dan E.

Kurt S.

Saturday night the Pennington boys had the Viper group over for a BBQ - this was a sweat treat!  

THANK YOU MIKE, CHRIS & SCOTT!!!  We all had a great time!  ^2

Cheers to you too!

PCH VIPER

Thanks for posting the pictures !
Looks like everyone was smiling big and having fun.
Looked a bit chilly out there too.