WILLOW SPRINGS with the Alfa Club Jan 22 & 23

Started by ViperX, December 23, 2010, 09:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Run Willow Springs with the Alfa Club Jan 22 & 23

Hey Guys,

Just received this invitation from the Alfa Club of So Cal to run Willow Springs with them:

AROSC Time Trials & Race
Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond CA
January 22-23, 2011

Please join AROSC Willow Springs Raceway on January 22-23, 2011 for our first Time Trial/Time Attack, High Performance Driving Education, and Race of the new year! The "big" track at Willow Spring is a terrific track and a great driving experience, and the the cool weather will be good for maximum horsepower!

NEW RUN GROUPS! - We have changed our run groups and vehicle safety requirements to provide more fun, and to allow cars in street trim to experience the thrill of getting your car out on the track!
•   DE/Solo: For relatively new drivers, passing with point-by only in certain straight sections of track. Stock seat belts OK.
•   Point-By: For drivers with more experience, passing anywhere on the track with a point-by. Stock seat belts OK for 2000 & newer cars unless engine mods or race tires (see Entry form, page 2 for more details).
•   Open Passing: For very experienced drivers & faster cars, passing anywhere on the track with no point-by required. 5 or 6 point harnesses
•   Race Group: Wheel to wheel racing, typical racing equipment required
Lunchtime Intro Group - We also be conducting our lunchtime Intro Group at this event. Never been on the track before? Got a real nice car and you just want to experience driving it on a race course? The Intro Group is perfect for you! You'll get about an hour of classroom time, then 30-45 minutes on the track following an instructor, all for only $30. You can do it both days for $50.
Click here for  Entry Forms:
www.aroschpd.org/events/2011/jan2011_entry.pdf  (PDF)
www.aroschpd.org/events/2011/jan2011_entry.doc   (Word Doc)

Can't make it, but know someone who might be interested? Forward this message to a friend

NEW! - TECH YOUR CAR YOURSELF!

AROSC has now gone to a "Self Tech" process. You may tech your car yourself, or can have a professional do it if you do not feel qualified. You must bring your completed & signed tech form to the track and turn it in at Registration.
Click here to download the Self Tech form:  www.aroschpd.org/events/2011/jan2011_tech.pdf

Questions? Phone Terry Watson at 310-372-5027 or email [email protected]
Additional information can be found at www.aroschpd.org

www.innoflancaster.com/index2.html

Group rates available.  Tell them you're with the Alfa Romeo Club.  Call: 800-406-0466

See you at the track,

Dan  <19

redtanrt10

Dan,

Are you considering this?  I haven't been to Willow in awhile.  I see that you're considering buttonwillow the following week, but that's a long drive and not my favoite track.

Let me know.  I'd really like to go to this but don't want to be the lone viper.

Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Happy New Year to you and your bride.

I'm planning on driving Fontana in Jan (Speed Ventures) with Andy Weiss and a friend in his Cup Car, then Buttonwillow two weeks later with the Peningtons, but this is all weather dependent.

I'll run Willow Springs if one or the other gets rained out.

Dan  <2

ViperX

Hi Ted,

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Andy has a NASCAR Cup Car, i.e. a real one like the guys in NASCAR drive.  I think this one belonged to Juan Pablo Montoya's team.

It's a 3400 lb, 837 hp monster, full race car.  It really screams at WOT. 

In my 3400 lb 09 ACR with only 675 hp and aero, he should have an advantage at ACS Fontana in the front straight.  Still, should be fun to run with him.

Dan

redtanrt10

Dan,

thanks and a Happy New Year to you and Cathy!

fontana would be fun but we'll be skiing as that's MLK weekend.

I'm interested in the willow run w/Alfa, but as you said the weather is everything in January!

Mike

Speedtactics

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

redtanrt10

Scott,

I'll know in a day ot two, want to go but need to check schedules.  Are you intersted?

Mike

redtanrt10

Scott, the Sunday is the club photo day, availabe to go on Saturday?