Run Chuckwalla Raceway Tuesday, Dec 14

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2010, 09:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Sidewinders,

As you may or may not know, Viper Days will be running Chuckwalla Raceway which is East of Indio, CA on March 25, 26 & 27, 2011.  I thought it might be a good idea for us to familiarize ourselves with this local track before Viper Days comes to town.

I spoke with Mickey Grana (760-227-3100), operator of of Chuckwalla, a few days ago about this upcoming open track day which is Tuesday December 14, and will be the last open track day this year.

Price is $150 per day plus $10 per person access fee.  Track goes hot at 9:00 AM, cold at 4:00 PM.  Attendance will likely be very light, like 10 to 20 cars and if so, the track will be open all day long with point by passing - so lots of track time will be available.

Cathy and I are planning to go, weather permitting.  Bob Blizzard and Ross Murray may join us as well.

For more info, go to:  www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com

List of attendees so far:

1 - Dan / Cathy
2 - Lance
3 - Eddie A
4 - Bob Blizzard
5 - Ross Murray
6 - Ben K
7 - Tim Jelle, AZ
8 - Chris Sienicki, AZ
9 - Juan Valdez
10 - Brent Kern
11- Hugh Hoard

Dan  <2

Download sign up forms, rules and waiver below.

ViperX

Guys,

FYI, Bob Blizzard and I will be staying at Fantasy Springs Motel in Indio on Monday night.  Anybody up for dinner?

Dan

Speedtactics

I'm thinking about seeing if I can put this together
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Scott,

Cool if you can.

Bring your camera.  >u

Dan

HISSSN1

Looks like a very nice track I would love to make it but Mondays are hard for me you all have fun  <2
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

Quote from: HISSSN1 on December 06, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
Looks like a very nice track I would love to make it but Mondays are hard for me you all have fun  <2

You are in luck !!!
This is on a TUESDAY  !!!!!    >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Speedtactics

Quote from: ViperX on December 06, 2010, 06:03:22 PM
Scott,

Cool if you can.

Bring your camera.  >u

Dan
Dan,
Sounds good you bring the tools! That way I can fit my camera bag. Do you think I will be able to gain access to the track areas like I did at Spring Mountain?
Scott
Scott Hirko

ViperX

Quote from: speedtactics on December 08, 2010, 09:04:01 AM
Dan,
Sounds good you bring the tools! That way I can fit my camera bag. Do you think I will be able to gain access to the track areas like I did at Spring Mountain?
Scott

Scott,

I'll gladly bring the tools if you'll bring your camera bag.

On access, it's pretty open out there and I think with a little begging, we might be able to get access.  As you know, Viper Days is planning to drive there in March, so having some photos would be good for the track and good for us.

Dan

Speedtactics

Dan,
I'm going to have to pass on this event. Though I really wanted to do one more track day this year. I just have to much going on next week and can't take the time off. If it was the weekend it would be doable. I hope you guys have a great time. Lance can snap photos!
Hirk
Scott Hirko

Speedy Gonzales

hey guys tim jelle has been trying to contact the track and dan i believe, with no resposne so is this event still on? can we just show up? we have another guy nane george who just got a comp coupe wants to go as well, let me know <2
Chris
AMS Flooring

Radical Guy

I'm going to check this out.  I'll drive out tomorrow and stay at Fantasy Springs Resort, also.  So, I'll hook up with Dan and the gang for dinner.  I don't have your cell number, Dan.  I have access to email too.

See you tomorrow! >g

Radical Guy
2004 SRT-10

ViperX

Chris,

I emailed the info and sign up forms to Tim last week.  They are included above as "down-loadable" PDF forms, at the bottom of the first post.  Just print them, complete them and fax them to the track.

You can just "show up" if you'd like, just be there by 8:00 AM.

Bring your buddy too.

See you at the track,

Dan

Speedy Gonzales

Hey Dan,

We r commin out tonight, hope to hang out and go to dinner tonight!

See u tonight

Chris

Quote from: ViperX on December 13, 2010, 07:36:03 AM
Chris,

I emailed the info and sign up forms to Tim last week.  They are included above as "down-loadable" PDF forms, at the bottom of the first post.  Just print them, complete them and fax them to the track.

You can just "show up" if you'd like, just be there by 8:00 AM.

Bring your buddy too.

See you at the track,

Dan
Chris
AMS Flooring

ViperX

Chris,

We'll be leaving shortly.

Bob Blizzard and I will be staying at Fantasy Springs Motel in Indio on tonight.

Hope to see you there.

Dan

PCH VIPER

What a great day out with the Viper Sidewinders !
3 hour drive out to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.  Really fun track to drive.  Very smooth flowing turns with some neat elevation changes.

Here is some video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOYOhNPVvw
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures