Bob Blizzard's Performance Cornering Seminar - August 28, 2010

Started by ViperX, July 27, 2010, 09:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACRBruce

Quote from: ViperX on August 17, 2010, 04:16:15 PM
Hey Bruce,

If you don't go to this classroom session, and if the Rookie and I do go and then beat up on you at VOI 11 in the Auto X competition......well, we can both say we told you so!

Humm..... Dan you beat up on me anyways... And Viper Racing League!!!  <E  I'll stick to mowing over cones.

1HOTACR

Bob is my close friend and mentor.   When you can talk with and gain the amount of info Bob can give
the fee is priceless.  Classroom time goes hand and hand with the time on the track.   All professional athletes
practice  theory, tactics and game plans.   If  you don't have a game plan how can you attack the situation?  
Any little clue or trick to save your life and go faster and cleaner on the track is worth the
$100 bucks!   What a steal!  

Just my two cents.      Glenn ;)
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ACRBruce

Quote from: 1HOTV10 on August 17, 2010, 08:43:39 PM
 Bob is my close friend and mentor.   When you can talk with and gain the amount of info Bob can give
the fee is priceless.  Classroom time goes hand and hand with the time on the track.   All professional athletes
practice  theory, tactics and game plans.   If  you don't have a game plan how can you attack the situation?  
Any little clue or trick to save your life and go faster and cleaner on the track is worth the
$100 bucks!   What a steal!  

Just my two cents.      Glenn ;)

Agreed 1000%.  Just that I've attended quite a few racing schools with their coaches all SCCA champs that have probably over 25 National Titles combined so personally I'm just looking for more seat time.  But for those that have had more seat time than classroom time, then this is a steal for $100 for the day.

DEDLY4U

Dan,

Should we contact Bob directly or wait until you try to negotiate a group rate?  On a side note, I did not see any drags listed on the VOI 11 itinerary.

Mike

Pete M

ViperX

Mike,

Contact Bob directly to sign up.

Drags were originally scheduled - not sure now.  Too bad, was looking forward to some fun match ups within our group.

Will let you know if things change.

Guys,

On the instruction part of this, i.e. Bob's seminar, it will be focused on setting up and running Vipers fast (high horsepower cars).  I can't tell you how many times I've had driving instruction, including expensive driving schools, that did not apply well to driving Vipers fast at the track.  Lots of "momentum" guys out there instructing, not so many quality high hp driving instructors.

Dan  <2

DEDLY4U

Comon gang, let's get out there and support Bob.  We can always learn something new and it is only $100 to get an education from a pro.  Plus we get to hang out together and talk about how good we think we are.  Do the right thing and PAY IT FORWARD!   Mike >r   

Outspeed

Is anyone from the OC going to Cars and Coffee (Irvine) this Saturday before Blizzards Cornering Seminar?

Pete M

redtanrt10

Quote from: Outspeed on August 24, 2010, 02:52:40 PM
Is anyone from the OC going to Cars and Coffee (Irvine) this Saturday before Blizzards Cornering Seminar?

I'm planing on C&C Saturday.  If you go, get there early, it's been closed for the last 2 weeks so I'll bet the crowd will be larger than normal.  Mike

Outspeed

Great...see you there Mike! BTW, I try to park in the lot to the immediate left, not the main showcase lot. See you on Saturday!

ViperX

Hey Guys,

I simply could not believe how much really good information I picked up at this seminar.  It could have gone two days and left us asking for more.

You guys that missed this one should really try and make the next one.

We are very fortunate to have a local resource like Bob.

Now, if I can just remember some of this info and put it to good use, maybe I can keep up with "the Q".

Dan  <2

EXHLR8N

Thanks Dan for setting this up with Bob.

I agree with Dan, it was incredible all the information that he was able to cram in in one day.  It was split into two sessions:  (1)  On car set up;  (2) On driving techniques.

Dan - I think next time it might make sense to dial it down a bit for us "weekenders", where we discuss what we really can do for our cars to be safer, yet still feel comfortable in pushing ourselves on the track.  I think for us intermediates and beginners, there are safer lines (such as breaking straight and accelarating straight) that might make sense for us to focus on rather than some of the more advanced moves.

I thought what was particularly interesting was when we pulled out the map of Willow Springs and started breaking down the lines and techniques for getting through some of the sections which could dramatically decrease our times and be safer.

Perhaps, it makes sense to take the courses we run on regularly, such as BW, Fontana, Willow and Spring Mountain and spend on hour each on these?

Just thoughts.

Bob, outstanding as usual.  Thanks so much!!!!!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous