AROUND BUTTONWILLOW - VIDEO APRIL 2010

Started by ViperX, April 19, 2010, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Here's a link to the video taken during session 5 on Saturday at Buttonwillow.  During the first lap, I set my lap timer's "start / finish" line after turn two (off ramp).

If you watch closely, you can see me bouncing up and down quite a bit.  Kurt and Jonathan both have race seats and they make a huge difference.  The outsides of both of my knees are still bruised three days after this event.

Jonathan starts out ahead of me while Kurt (grey & black ACR) starts our just a bit behind.  There was quite a bit of slower traffic at first and all of us were held up at times.  About 6 minutes into the video, I see Kurt coming, lift, move over a bit and let him pass me at Magic Mountain.  I then start to chase him (to watch his line) and Jonathan.  Kurt just drives away from both of us but I do eventually catch and pass Jonathan.  The last lap is the 1:59 and after I see that lap time in the display dash between turns 2 (off ramp) and 3 (cotton corners), I slow down and do a semi-cool down lap, then head into the pits.

Interesting thing about watching a video like this is that I can see where I can pick up another 3 or more seconds just by driving better.

<2

HD Version

Low Res

Super Villain

Very cool! Congrats on breaking 2:00!!!

Every time I see videos like this it makes me want to get an in car camera! ;)

Buttonwillow and its run off areas look a lot nicer than I thought....not that I ever plan on ending up in the run offs ;)

You ever going to get race seats in the ACR?
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Working on the race seats - have been for a while.  Ross Murray says they are worth a couple of seconds per lap.

Trying to get a comp coupe seat (which I've found - Racetech) and the ACRX floor mounting brackets together (which are on back order according to Tom Francis at Viper Race Headquarters.

I've also got Jon B working on this for me.

Worst case, Archer has already done a few and will do it - if I want to fly Russ (from Archer) out for the install.

Dan