Main Menu

Black Beast is back!

Started by ViperX, March 31, 2010, 05:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Got my black vert back yesterday from DC after some tuning (went back to the OE computer) and other minor changes.

Funny how I was starting to think my 09 ACR with about 675 hp / 625 tq was fast ..... then the beast returns.

I can tell you this, I'll have to get some practice driving it again as while it's very drive-able and mellow with small throttle inputs, it will flat scare you as the pedal approaches the floor.  DC tuned it for 91 octane gas and it's a very conservative tune, but it still makes over 900 rwhp and over 850 rwtq.

Now, where's that obnoxious guy in the ZR1?

Dan  <2

Poison

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >g >g

PCH VIPER

mother's.com    >w

Glad to hear they finally got it sorted out.  Now if the weather will just cooperate !
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Radical Guy

Nice!  Be careful with the BEAST!  That is serious power!  WOW!  My Viper has half that power. >v
2004 SRT-10

ViperX

Cathy and I will be cruising this weekend ..... looking for FOOD!

<2

I wonder what I'd get at the end of the main straight at Fontana in the beast?

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on April 01, 2010, 09:19:00 AM

I wonder what I'd get at the end of the main straight at Fontana in the beast?

I know what the passenger would need....................another set of underwear !   ^8
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Poison

ViperX

Speaking of Fontana,

Paul (and others),

I just received a 5th / 6th gear set from John Donato for my ACR.  It lowers 5th to .80 (same as 2010 Vipers) 6th to .63.

With the new gear ratios installed (likely in a couple of weeks), I should be able to shift into 5th when nearing the end of the front straight at Fontana and continue accelerating!  Right now I run out of 4th gear (rev limiter) and shift to 5th only to barely accelerate in the higher OE 5th gear (likely due to the aero stuff).

Some of you guys may be interested in doing this to your cars.

Dan  <2

ViperX

Here's the dyno sheet:

FYI this engine was tuned with the FACTORY computer.  The yellow line indicates the power it was making at about 5850 rpm.  It continues to make power up to 6600 (rev limiter) but DC only ran it as shown and lifted early.  Dan is conservative with our cars ..... and I like it that way.

Anybody want to go for a ride! 

Poison

Bringing her to WSIR in two weeks?????????????????

Poison

I'm assuming this is a built 8.3L with SC(Paxton)????

ViperX

Paul,

Yes, engine is 530 ci big bore (wet sleeve) built by Exotic Engine's Kevin Singleton.  It contains items like JE forged pistons, Oliver rods, Stryker heads, solid lifter "blower" cam, Jessel roller rockers, headers, high flow cats, cc oiling system, Paxton (notice peak boost of only 12 lbs), larger radiator and larger oil cooler, Accusump, twin 400 liter per hour Bosch fuel pump and return fuel system with cooler, etc. 

I had Kevin build it for a twin turbo application, capable of making 2000 hp on 20 lbs of boost, then decided to go Paxton hoping to be able to smog it and help it "live" a longer life.  In it's current configuration, it should pass the "sniffer" as it runs very clean.

As far a bringing it to any race track, nope, it's a convertible street cruiser - though I have won the 1/2 mile speed contest at the Silver State two times with it already.

I just put a set of the new Nitto Drag radials on it last night - tread wear rating = 00.  Looking forward to the weekend.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

HISSSN1

Sounds nasty fast what a beast I know you know how to drive  <2  but always be safe.  Eddie
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

DEDLY4U

Hi Dan, it sounds like your black car is a real beast, can't wait to see it.  Have you had a chance to try out the new Nitto's?  Do they make a matching set for the front or are they just for the drags? 

Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

I've always run PS2's on the front and drag radials or other sticky tires on the rear of this car.  I have over 44,000 miles on this car now, so I do drive it whenever possible on the street.  I think the trade off of superior rear traction is worth the little bit of "cornering" performance that you give up on the street.  Some guys buy a spare set of rear wheels to mount drag radials on, then put the PS2's or other high performance tires back on for aggressive driving.

I don't try to do any "canyon carving" in this car with the drag radials on, though I have driven it on many Viper runs without issue.  I do use a little "common sense" when driving it as the sidewalls on the drag radials are softer than PS2's or other high performance tires.  Bottom line is that I don't try to make it do things that it isn't intended to do.

Straight line traction is very good.  One day I'll put a "G" meter in the car so I can get an idea of the acceleration generated.  I'm guessing it's over 1.5, which continues to get my attention (and Cathy's).

Hope you can make Dukes.

Dan