Run Willow Springs with Speed Ventures Feb 20 & 21

Started by ViperX, January 08, 2010, 10:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Speed Ventures will be running Willow Springs Feb 20 and 21.

Come out and drive!

All skill levels open.  We'll have a garage.

For more info go to:  www.SpeedVentures.com

See you at the track,

Dan

HOTEL INFO:

OXFORD SUITES, LANCASTER

$99 Per Night with AAA Discount

* Complimentary Full Hot Breakfast Buffet
  * Complimentary Evening Reception (excluding Sundays) featuring appetizers and your choice of wine, beer or soda pop
  * Complimentary Hi-Speed Wireless Internet Access

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Just signed up.

Could use some company.

Dan <2

Super Villain

Hey Dan,

I hope to join you out there on Sunday the 21st!  Albeit in a slower run group ;) I gotta get my "sea" legs back.

I should be able to confirm my booking by end of this week.

At my level do you think I should bother with switching to the R888s and race pads or will I be okay with just the PS2s and factory pads?  Trying to determine my lazy meter ;) 
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

SV,

Hope you can come out.  Sunday will be a good day with less traffic.  Saturday will be busier with more cars to pass!

If I were you, I'd run the PS2's and stock pads.  You will get more and better feedback from the PS2's than the R888's.

If you run Spring Mountain with us in June, run the R888's and race pads.

You should probably run in the blue group.

The PS2's will talk to you.

OE pads are fine with PS2's.

You do have the swing arm oil pan and pick up, right?

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

PS  If you run Spring Mountain with us in June, run the R888's and race pads.

Super Villain

Woo-hoo...my lazy meter is pegged ;)  I can go to the track and not have to change tires or pads!  PS2s and stock pads it is! 

And yes I have the swing arm oil pan.  I have the 08 modified pan from Viper Specialty Performance: https://www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=97&osCsid=a87e23adf68341ab91f8f32f3421fc13  And now looking at the price I really got mine for a steal at under $1,000 when it was on sale a year or so ago!

Yea Sunday with light traffic is good by me.  I think I'll stick with the beginner/low-intermediate group just to ease myself back into this.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Super Villain

Okay I am signed up for Sunday Feb. 21st!

I'll see you out there!

ViperX

That's the best oiling upgrade for Gen III's.  Wish the car came that way.

See you at the track.

Dan

Scottp

Hi Dan,

Mike and Chris are going to be running Saturday and Sunday.  My car won't be ready from DCP (not until late March), but I'm planning to still come out for Saturday, maybe even rent a car for a session or two?

We'll be staying at the track in our motorhomes.  Hope to see you next weekend!

ScottP

ViperX

ViperX

Weather looks great for next weekend.

Anxious to try out the new suspension set up.

Unfortunately, it will be on old tires.....

Dan

Kadeuces

Dan,

Im celebrating my bday with a party at my house this weekend, so I wont be able to make this event, but am hoping to make the next one.
What did you do to your suspension?

Kobi

ViperX

Hey Kobi,

Get the ACR manual out and follow the instructions for "smooth track" settings.  A & C should be able to do this for you.

Dan

Super Villain

ugh...chances of rain this weekend?  Looks like Speed Ventures policy on rain is the event runs rain or shine.  Glad I'll have my PS2s on!

ViperX

According to the latest, Sunday will be clear.

Rain is now forecast for Friday night and into Sunday morning.

Rain is never a sure thing at Willow as I've run there many times before when rain was forecast and it wasn't even cloudy ..... however I was there a couple of years ago when it rained pretty hard.

I'll bring a set of PS2's as well.

See you there.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

We had no rain this weekend, just a little bit of wind.  The Pennington's came out to play on Saturday, Super Villian came out on Sunday and had a great time.

Johnny Yuma (John Weigel) and I chased each other around on Saturday and Sunday.  I managed a personal best of 1:31.2, so I'm getting closer to my goal of 129.99 and might reach it running with West Coast Racing in two weeks with a little luck.

I can tell you this, at this level, tires, i.e. fresh tires, are very important to going fast, safely and they seem to wear out so much more quickly than they did just a year ago.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2