Dodge Viper SRT10 Coilover Suspension Kit

Started by shai04, November 23, 2009, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shai04

hey guys im talking with steve prescott about the suspension kit its not KW but he is selling it for 995$ what do you think is it any good im looking to have better grip on the corner will that help ???

shai04

ViperX

Quote from: shai04 on November 23, 2009, 05:55:39 PM
hey guys im talking with steve prescott about the suspension kit its not KW but he is selling it for 995$ what do you think is it any good im looking to have better grip on the corner will that help ???

shai04

Shai,

Not sure what suspension kit you are talking about but I'd recommend you save your dough and buy Motons.  If you ever intend to drive your car on the track, you will be sorry if you don't.

Dan

shai04

hi dan how are you i hope you are well anyway im talking about springs to lower the car to get lower center gravity please lf you can help me with that and i dont do track at all i do alot of cyn rides and i drive the car pretty hard would love to know what do you think

shai

ViperX

Hey Shai,

As above.  I recommend you buy a set of Moton Club Sports.  With these, you can vary spring rate, ride height, compression and rebound settings.  You can make the car handle just about any way you'd like.

I would not recommend messing with the stock suspension by putting some aftermarket springs on your OE shocks.  You won't improve handling and you may hurt it.

Dan

ticketmered

Shai,

Bought my car used, it was lowered using after market springs on stock shocks. Car looked awesome lowered, handled like sh...t. I was a rough ride, bottmed out very easily and felt beat up everytime I took it out. I would listen to the ICEMAN.  Just my .02..

shai04

thank you guys for all the info you are very helpful i guess i will listen to you and not do what i was planing and save some money for the motons by the way any idea i much it should cost

shai

ViperX

Mike Buckingham just picked up a set of used Moton Club Sports for SRT with springs for $2500.00.  Check Ebay for used Viper parts.  Sometimes there are some very good deals.

New, the price with springs is more like $4400.00 (I think - it's been a while since I bought mine).  Call Jon B for more info.

These will be the best investment you'll ever make for your car's handling. 

Pick up a set of PS2's, get a proper alignment and you will love the way the car rides, drives and feels.

Dan

shai04

oh wow you can find them used that's cool by the way i have the nitto invo on my car and its the best tire iv ever had very happy with them they are great for fast pase cyn runs

thank you
shai
p.s are you guys going to come to motor for toys i think it will be great this year

Banzai Ben

If you just want the car lowered then I believe Ross Murray can do that without changing out the springs and shocks.
That's probably the most inexpensive way. Just another option for you.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

I think Jon B sells lowering caps that lower the car about 3/4 inch and allow the use of stock springs.

You may want to check with Jon at Parts Rack.

Dan

shai04

thank you guys for all your help this forum rocks

shai