Pro Driving Instruction this fall / winter?

Started by ViperX, October 20, 2009, 09:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Sidewinders,

Sent this off to Bob Blizzard today:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Bob,

A few of our guys are asking about attending driving schools.

I'm of the opinion that, at this point with most of our guys, individual instruction in our own cars is the best way to go, i.e. more beneficial to our guys and more cost effective.

Would you be interested in putting together a weekend "on track" driving instruction package with yourself and a couple of top notch instructors for a few guys in our group?

I'm thinking two guys per instructor, alternating in the students cars every session with some classroom in between.

We could likely piggy back on a Speed Ventures (or other track outfit) event at Buttonwillow this fall or winter.  I think Buttonwillow is a better "learning" track than others around here.

If you are interested, please think about your availability, pricing, and other details.

We can talk more about this at our Car Control Clinic in November.

Thanks,

Dan

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys, I'd like your input on this subject - I know it would be fun and costs would likely be less than 1/2 of a traditional driving school.

I'd suggest that if we do this, we try and "pair up" with another driver of about equal skill / experience / seat time.

Let me know.

Iceman
  <2

NK BREKR

I'd definitely be interested.  I like the idea of pairing up too.  I'd have Fast Eddie as my partner, since I'm not in the Flyin' Hawaiian's league.

What month/weekend are you working with?  I think if we are going up to Buttonwillow it might be beneficial to try and get 2 days of track time.  To reduce hotel costs, members can stay at the Red Roof Inn (less than 10 min from the track) for about $60-70 a night and share a room?

Scottp

Dan,

I used one of Bob's instructors (all day - every session) at the last Speed Venture event at Fontana and I found it to be extremely helpful and certainly money well spent.  I would do this again without hesitation - please count me in for this event.

I hear through the grapevine, that now Lance has stepped up to the big leagues (new car and title) I'll take what every help I can get to keep him in sight.

Thanks,
SP

ViperX

Neck breaker,

Yes, two days would be the plan.

Good to hear from you Scott.  Hope you can make this one.

A few of us will be running the Roval at Fontana with Speed Ventures Nov 21 & 22.  You and your brother may find this fun.

I'll keep working on this and give you guys some dates.

Iceman  <2

PCH VIPER

Of course I would be in for this too.
Although the instructors always say the same thing to me .... gas,   Gas,   GAS !!!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

EXHLR8N

I echo Lance, but I also remember ..... don't brake, don't brake, don't brake!!!!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

To add to Flyin' Hawaiian and Deal Maker's statements, the last time I had Ross Murray in my GTS at Viper Days Buttonwillow 2 years ago, I asked him how I did after driving a full session.

He said, "You drive really well, you're doing everything right, YOU JUST NEED TO GO FASTER!"

Iceman  <o

Kadeuces

1HOTACR

I'm in with both feet  Brake and Clutch.   If I can't run in the Yellow group by next summer     
I think I will throw in the towel and get a little blue Miata and trash it.  Bob Blizzard said " You are an excellent driver"  (in the straights!)

Glenn......... <H =6
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

NK BREKR

GL are you making up run groups now?  You're currently in Green, trying to make the move to Blue, so I suppose if you combine both that's how you get Yellow? >w

Granted you could get a Blue Miata, but then you would have to work on getting the matching attitude to go with it  ^8  and in addition to that you'll have to cut several inches from your 6ft+ frame.

1HOTACR

Art .  Remember the yellow group at Willow Springs?  It was full of Corvettes playing Choo Choo Train.  They looked like ducks in an arcade.

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ACRBruce

I'd be very interested in more in car instructions from Bob.