ACR vs ZR1 at Irwindale Friday, Nov 13

Started by ViperX, October 19, 2009, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just received this from Paul Shiefer of Head 2 Head who shot the video of Sam Hubinette wringing out the 08 Viper vs 08 Z-06 at Willow Springs and the 01 GTS vs the Daytona coupe.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Dan,

Thanks again for your help on Head 2 Head.  We are back at it.  This time we are producing another series entitled Royal Purple's The Forum Wars.  The show is very similar to Head 2 Head except that owners will be driving their own cars in a drag race, slalom, and short autocross style road race course at Irwindale.  Each episode will have a tease airing on SPEED driving viewers to the longer episode edit online.

One of the match ups is going to be a ZR1 vs Viper.  We are looking for relatively stock car.  We do not need a professional level driver, just someone that has some track time and is comfortable doing a little smack talking. 

Do you have anyone that might be interested?  Socalviper.com will be mentioned in the tease airing on SPEED and throughout the full length episode.  If you have anyone in mind please have them shoot me an email or call on my mobile 949.413.2373.  The shoot will be in early November at Irwindale after the SEMA show.

Thanks,

Paul
________________________________________________________________________________________

As most of you know, I couldn't resist this challenge, so I sent a photo of my ARC to Paul and offered to represent the club in this event ..... and Paul accepted.  Sooo, if you're free that day and want to come out to watch me kick a ZR1's butt, please do!

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Lawrenzo

What time does all this go down and how long does it last?

DEDLY4U

Hi Dan,

I want to be there also so just give us the time and instructions on how we get in.

>s

Mike

Outspeed

I also want to be there for this battle...I think an appropriate shirt to be worn is the famous "God made Vipers so Vette guys would have heroes"

PCH VIPER

I doubt Hugh would want to go head to head with you in his ZR1......but then again, he is at the Spring Mountain driving school   =15  right now.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Guys,

As with most TV shoots, the directions at this time are "be there at 7AM and stay there until 5PM".  I'll narrow this window down a bit as there will be match ups with other high end cars driving the same events that should be fun to watch as well and keep you guys posted.

Now, what tires to run ..... I'm thinking Kumho V 700s.

Dan  <2

AceFang

I will be there!  Awaiting time, etc.  Thanks.
John Bennett

1HOTACR

I'M IN! >:D

Dan      You need a co pilot,  so I will volunteer .        >4
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

DEDLY4U

I think Dan's ACR already has enough weight in it, so we might want to forget the co-piolt.  We don't want to give the ZR1 too much of a handicap. 

=6

Super Villain

Quote from: ViperX on October 20, 2009, 09:29:34 AM

Now, what tires to run ..... I'm thinking Kumho V 700s.

Dan  <2

Do you have to run the same tires thru the whole day or can you change tires for certain events?  I have a set of M&H drag radials that would be killer for the drag race.  Would be happy to lend them to the cause ;)
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Rules don't permit a tire change but that should not be a big deal.  The Kumhos will hook pretty well at the ACR's current power level.  Last dyno at Spring Mountain was 572 rwhp at 91 F.

The dyno there reads about like DC's dyno. 

Dan

1HOTACR

I think Mike just called me FAT!           ^8
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ViperX

After talking with Luke at Tire Rack, I bought a set of Hoosier A6's for this event.  315 fronts, 335 rears.

I've never run them but hopefully, they'll hook up as well as Luke says they will on all three events.

Installing them tonight.

Wish me luck!

Dan  <2

Poison