CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - Nov 7th

Started by admin, July 28, 2009, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - November 7, 2009 
            Last year this event sold out - so register early!

THIS EVENT IS DRIZZLE OR SHINE  <Z

Do you ever feel like taking your Viper out into an empty parking lot and doing some donuts just for fun?

Wouldn't you love to go out and burn some rubber and not get a ticket?

Have you ever wanted to take some turns on the street fast enough to slide the car and exceed its limits, without the chance of hitting something or someone?

Would you like to explore your Viper's limits in a safe, legal environment and learn to handle your beast better?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Viper Club Car Control Clinic is something you just won't want to miss.

The date is November 7th at Auto Club Speedway off Cherry Avenue and the I-10 Freeway in Fontana.  We have rented a large parking lot approximately 1000 x 1200 feet.  The club will provide lunch.
DC Performance will be there to help with the event and offer minor services to all the attendees.
Bob Blizzard, Viper Days' Chief Driving Instructor, and a host of other experienced drivers will be there to provide instruction.

We'll have four stations as follows:

STATION #1 - Is a "small" figure 8 around cones where an instructor rides with you and instructs each driver and offers input / advice on how the car feels, what the car is doing and how to best control it while turning left and right.  I know this will be a long day for our instructors but they should have some fun too. 

STATION #2
- Is a timed AutoX type slalom course.  It starts with a short "straight", proceeds "through the cones", followed by a 180 degree left turn at speed, then back through the cones and past      the timer.  We'll see if we can rustle up some prizes for this station.

STATION #3 - Is a "0 to 60" with the driver doing a "threshold" brake after reaching 60 mph.  DC Performance's Lyle Larson spent years as a professional drag racer and went as fast 6.32 at 220.51-mph in an alcohol car.  Lyle will provide instruction at this station.  We'll have a drag racers "tree" so that we can learn how a tree works and test our reaction times.

STATION #4 -  Is a "large" figure 8 around cones where an instructor rides with and instructs each driver and offers input / advice on how the car feels, what the car is doing and how to best control it while turning left and right.

We plan to have a leader at each station.  We will also need a "helper" at each station to pick up/reset the cones (not that any of you will hit any cones).  Please let us know if you can help us with this event.  I will likely "ask" my sons to come and help (they will get a chance to drive later as payment). We plan to have a pop up at each station for shade and ask members to bring their own chairs and something to drink - the club will provide drinks for lunch.

Plan to arrive at 9:30AM the event will start at 10:00AM with lunch at about noon and be completed about 3:00 PM. This would give each group of drivers about an hour at each station.

For insurance reasons, we will need to limit participation to club members and their immediate family.  All participants must have a valid Drivers License and current auto insurance.  Helmets are recommended but not required.

This event is being heavily subsidized by the club; cost is only $100 per car.  Participants are limited to a total of 50 cars, so sign up early; you won't want to miss this event!
Dan  <2

CLICK HERE TO PAY USING PAYPAL

OR CLICK FOR REGISTRATION FORM.

A TASTE OF LAST YEAR'S EVENT...

ATTENDEES...

Arguelles, Eddie
Arguelles, Cameron
Aronian, Yosi
Avila, Jose (need registration)
Belvedere, Gary
Borecki, Steve
Bennett, John
Buckingham, Mike
Burgan, John
Carlsson, Aaron
Chapman, Matthew
Chrisman, Dave & Lisa
Cifelli, Steve (may not make it)
Conklin, Bruce
Davenport; Justin
Fujita, Mike
Fujita, Justin
Glass, Ron
Greenberg, Donald
Greitzer, Norman
Hoard, Hugh (need registration)
Izard, Glenn
Izard, Steph
Jackson, Peter
Kandola, Kevin
Kawata, Ben
Kraus, Lawrence
Kouchi, Lance
Li, Bruce
Jacobson, Jerry
Jackson, Michael
Malone, Mike
Martin, Pete (need registration)
Matranga, Anthony
Medina, Art
Moore, Mike
Palkovic, Richard
Peluce, Floyd
Pena, Art
Pham, Anhtuan
Reinsma, Eddie
Roshauzaer; Shahin
Sinkinson, Mike
Sulpizio, Ron & Patsy
Tribolet, Randy
Valdes, Juan
Valmassoi, Nino
Winters, Paul & Pam
Yuen, Luke

1HOTACR

Last year was a lot of fun.  We should consider an award for the most worn out tires at the end of the day

From what I remembered Kobi would of won first place and Armen was a close second.

Glenn..........
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder.  This event will be here before you know it and it sold out last year. 

Please send checks in to Cathy for $100 per car at your earliest convenience as the club has already paid to reserve the parking lot.

Thanks,

Dan  <2

PS  This year I'll put a set of old used tires on my car so I can do what Fast Eddie and Kobi did last year, some fun burn outs!

black beauty

>w Sign us up!  We'll send the $$ ASAP! I need to learn how to use that line lock and practice my launches at the "tree".<2

Bad News

Sign us up, too!  Had a lotta fun at the last one and maybe even learned something.  Paul & Pam
'01 Red RT10

admin

Registration form is attached at the bottom of the first post...but here it is again:

CAR CLINIC REGISTRATION FORM

See you there!!!  <1

Super Villain

I'm in!  This is an event not to be missed!  If you're not a track rat, it is the most fun you'll have pushing your car's performance in a very safe environment.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

EXHLR8N

I just sent in my registration.  This will be fun.  I am going to bring Kurt this year.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

DarkSnake

I'm in.... I will be finishing off the set of tires from the Fontana Car Clinic. >v
Juan V

2008 Viper Coupe
2012 458 Italia
2012 SuperBee

PCH VIPER

I'm in and paid too !!!

This event last year was not only fun, but really taught me a lot about managing the balance of the car.
We weren't doing hi speed maneuvers, in fact the majority of it was low 2nd gear stuff.  But even at those speeds, there were a whole lot of guys spinning out. 

This is HIGHLY recommended to all.     =27
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hate to open this "can of worms" but Kid Viper just asked me to ask the group if there would be any interest in renting a water truck and flooding an area of the parking lot creating some extra slippery conditions for our car control clinic.

It would be easy on the tires but could also make for one messy car, the sides of the car anyway.

Let me know if there's enough interest and we'll check it out.

Dan  <2

Super Villain

I am going to have to vote NO on the water truck. 

This is Car Control Clinic ONE and people are going to have their hands full enough keeping the car from spinning out on a dry track. 

Spinning out on a wet track would be even more unpredictable...parking lot filled with people, cars, other tracks plus inexperienced drivers on wet track does not sound good to me. 

Wet track driving/handling could and should be its own clinic. 

I also do not like the idea of cars running on the wet track then dragging water over to the other tracks.

Quote from: ViperX on September 06, 2009, 04:14:23 PM
Hate to open this "can of worms" but Kid Viper just asked me to ask the group if there would be any interest in renting a water truck and flooding an area of the parking lot creating some extra slippery conditions for our car control clinic.

It would be easy on the tires but could also make for one messy car, the sides of the car anyway.

Let me know if there's enough interest and we'll check it out.

Dan  <2
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

I am going to have to vote NO on the water truck.

SV,  Thanks for the input.  Now, others, please comment.  I'll try and clarify below.

This is Car Control Clinic ONE and people are going to have their hands full enough keeping the car from spinning out on a dry track.

Actually, this is our second annual Car Control Clinic.

Spinning out on a wet track would be even more unpredictable...parking lot filled with people, cars, other tracks plus inexperienced drivers on wet track does not sound good to me.

The wet area would necessarily be very small and optional.  Depending upon the amount of interest, if any, there would be a small extra cost, say $20 per car.  Speeds would be lower and spinning is good! 

Wet track driving/handling could and should be its own clinic.

Interesting idea.

I also do not like the idea of cars running on the wet track then dragging water over to the other tracks.

Driving areas are far enough apart that water at other areas would not be a factor.

More comments please!

Dan

NK BREKR

I'm all for having a station with the Water truck, provided Kid Viper details my car after I'm finished  >v 

On a serious note, I think it would be beneficial for club members to see how the big 335s in the rear fare in wet conditions, since some Viper owners have not driven their cars in the rain.