VENTURA AREA RUN & LUNCH - September 12th

Started by admin, July 24, 2009, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyse

Hi :-)

Theresa and I would love to attend. Please count us in!

Super Villain

More power Dan?!  Damnit!  Whats it going to take for me to fend off you Gen 4s and your power mods?!  Don't make me bore and stroke this sucker!  ;)

In all seriousness, it is pretty darn impressive the power gains that can be had on a Gen 4 with just bolt ons and no real computer tuning (other than the race controller).  Would like to know the gains with that ported lower...looks like we'll need another dyno day soon. ;)  Does Arrow plan on a ported "upper"?  As for the CF close out panel, were you noticing temp issues on the track?

Quote from: ViperX on September 02, 2009, 03:58:36 PM
SV,

I just received a new ported and polished "lower" intake manifold for my 09 ACR from Arrow Racing.  Will likely install it this weekend. 

Along with the headers, Corsa, K & N and Mopar race controller, this should put me just about 700 fwhp or about 570 rwhp on DC's dyno (depending on the day), 600 rwhp on Stack's dyno.

Pretty good for all stock internals and not having to crack open the engine.

Looking into playing with the "phasing" of the variable cam for a few more ponies.  Perhaps in the future .....

Also, found a very neat CF "close out panel" also from Arrow to keep the air coming into the front of the car going through the radiator to help with cooling on the track.

Anxious to see how it runs.

Dan  <2
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

PCH VIPER

Please add Mike and Yoko to the list !
Thank You.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

SV,

"Does Arrow plan on a ported "upper"?" 

I'll take a few pics of the Gen IV intake - when you see what's inside, you'll understand.  All of the "business" is taken care of with the "lower" half of the intake manifold which contains the ports and "runners" - the upper is just a cover or plenum.

"As for the CF close out panel, were you noticing temp issues on the track?"

Myself, some but not so much, but many others are noticing high coolant and oil temps on the track with the ACR on warm days.  As you mod the Gen IV engine and make more power, the engine also makes more heat - as you will find out the first time you get your car to the track.  I think the Gen IV cooling system is a bit stretched as it was not improved from Gen III.  Perhaps I'll go with another type of oil cooler and maybe a bigger radiator eventually.  I've already gone to a 170 F t-stat, installed a spring in the upper hose and replaced about a gallon and a half of coolant with distilled water and "water wetter".

For now, I'll just drive around it.  I tend to be smoother than some and don't spin the engine to red line very often, if at all, but other drivers sometimes do.  These "stock" engines don't really like to live near red line and they make enough power (read torque) so that you don't need to go high rpms to be fast.

Dan

1HOTACR

This is why we postponed the Ventura run till the early fall.  A lot of time and $ on our Silver Bullet is now packing 530 rwhp and and 570 torque  with no internal changes. Dynapack Dyno.  Anhtuan ( S.V. ) with what you have I am going to put you at the back of the pack with a ten minute handicap.  I'm the point man this year and the boss lady  told me I will be driving the 08 Coupe . (Some kinda Thelma and Louise convertible thing).  What is  wrong with this picture?  At least Scott  (My wing man) and I will get first eats!   ( Lance you get a front of the line pass  for all you do).
Come on you San Diego People buck up and come up North! (YOU CAN DO IT!)

Glenn..................................... <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

NK BREKR

Glenn,
Where's the love for Art =5 >m. I was the first one to sign up, I promise I'll leave food for the rest
of the club.

1HOTACR

Art!   I am going to our local secret Panaderia at 6:30 a.m. to pick up the tasty  goodies .( COME EARLY!)
  Your right I half to share perks.  You get all of Kala's " Jai"  brownies!

GLENN...........
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

Quote from: 1HOTV10 on September 03, 2009, 10:44:07 PM
Art!   I am going to our local secret Panaderia at 6:30 a.m. to pick up the tasty  goodies .( COME EARLY!)
  Your right I half to share perks.  You get all of Kala's " Jai"  brownies!

GLENN...........

>m   Makes you wonder what's in those "Jai" brownies  =5

Copperhead Mike

Count us in too!  <m  Looking forward to it.

Michael & Melanie Vaswani
2005 Viper Truck - Quad Cab - Red - SOLD
2006 SRT-10 - Copperhead w/Black Stripes - SOLD
2009 ACR - Graphite/Black - SOLD
2016 Viper GTC T/A 2.0 - White/Demonic Red - SOLD

NK BREKR

Glenn,
You'll have to keep the pan dulce away from Laura or else Scott's going to get mad at you >w

Lance,
That's exactly what I was thinking  =26

Woohoo Cousin Mike is coming too!  We need to get Mr. Dedly4U and Cheryl out too, to make sure the Copperheads are represented well at the event.

1HOTACR

Mike and Cheryl have there Viper down at D.C getting the DELUX JOB!  won't be ready in time. >o
My wing man Scott is my neighbor across the street and Debbie his wife is running with Stephanie.

Speaking of Scott and Laura Hirko.  Where are you?
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

Scott and Laura will hopefully make it to your house and part of the run.....but likely not make lunch as Scott has another obligation to meet that afternoon, so I didn't add his name to the headcount for lunch.

Speedtactics

I just got my soccer game schedule for that day. My game is at 9:15. So My guess is I will not be there at the house. ( I can't coach my daughters team and miss the first game!) I will call Lance when I'm finished but it looks like I will not be able to make any of this.  =15
Scott & Laura Hirko
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

HISSSN1

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye