Dave Cawthorne

Started by PCH VIPER, May 24, 2009, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black beauty

=17Boo-hoo!  We will miss you, OGO

ViperX

Lance,

Very nice job on the pictures, really brings back some memories.....

Dan

Vypr Phil

Sad time for SoCal Viper Club. 

We lost a dear friend, a great car guy and a most dedicated and ethical vendor, technical advisor and really one of the "Anchors" of the Viper Club.

OGO is now "Member-at-Large", proudly representing the Viper community on the big track in the Sky.

Thoughts and prayers go to Arlene and the rest of the family.

R.I.P. OGO

Lance, thank you so much for the new page on your site, honoring Dave's cheerful personality with such artistic flair; as Dan said, brings back some memories of many great times spent with Dave.

Phil
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

hemotox

Just got back from Europe,  I echo all that has been said.  There is also an important message here, one relating to all of our collective health.

Current recommendations are as follows:

A colonoscopy after the age of 50 and once every five years after that.  Colon cancer is rare before 50 and usually develops from polyps that are initially beniign and later undergo cancerous changes.  Polyps generally can be removed with the scope and eliminate the risk of secondary cancer.  I have had one, need to have another.  It is life insurrance.  Simple, painless, and you don't even remember the procedure.
EJ

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

HISSSN1

Very sad, Dave will be missed by many, I met Dave at D.C. Performance days with my son Dylan he talked to us quite a while I new from that day talking with him what a special person Dave is. He loved the VIPER like we all do. Dave will live in or hearts and will be in our memories for ever. My prayers go out to family and friends Dave will be watching over all of us.

Thank you Lance for the wonderful pictures that will keep our memory of Dave for ever.   Eddie R.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

yeloone

Hey Lance!  Great photos.  Thanks for the memories.      Ron

hemotox

I remember this evening at the VOI9 dinner with all the regions and members in attendance.

Mr. So Cal Viper!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

Just finished "proofing" the latest club magazine.

Lot's of pictures of Dave.

Missing him every day.

Dan

racecars

<m  To All the wonderful SOCAL Viper Club members that supported Dave Cawthorne and his family during his battle with cancer. 

Sadly he died July 10th.  But your kind thoughts, encouragement, playing cards and cards were a huge comfort to all of us.  I can't say enough about the way so many of you rallyed around us.  It has made his death a little more bearable.  The drive-by some of you arranged had me crying happy tears.  To have 35 of his Viper and other car club friends show up on a Friday with only a 3 day notice was amazing.  Dave was a very proud person and it was difficult for him to have anyone see him so thin and weak but after the drive by he smiled and said it was great.  For those of you who were not there, Dave sat in his yellow Viper chair in the garage by our yellow Viper to watch the parade of cars go by. 

The picnic after his death that you all sponsored was one more memory that will last forever for me and my family.  There were 155 people there.  About three fourths of them Viper friends.  I'm sure the Viper display in the parking lot put a big smile on his face.  I know it did me.  I have felt better ever since last Saturday.  Dave's death has definitely been softened by all of our Viper family.  I've said almost since the day I said I wanted a Viper, and Dave was already out the door buying one, that it was the best thing we ever did.  We've made the best friends anyone could ever ask for.  I'm keeping the Viper and this hot mama is driving it.  See you at the events.  Please keep in touch.  My email address is [email protected].

Arlene Cawthorne and family

PCH VIPER

You are just as much a member and part of our family. We all look forward to seeing you at all the coming events.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Arlene,

We'd better get you out to the next car control clinic!

Dan  <2