Dave Cawthorne

Started by PCH VIPER, May 24, 2009, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Dave and I went to the oncologist this morning and the news isn't good.  He's back in the hospital because he's lost so much weight and he's anemic and dehydrated.  The doctor kept repeating that he will be there only a couple of days to make him more comfortable. 

Basically he had to tell Dave it's terminal and to get his affairs in order now.  The chance chemo would do any good at this point is minimal and he did not recommend it.  He would do it if Dave insisted.  Right now, although I knew this was coming, I'm still in shock.  I've told my daughter and will tell my son tonight.  I want to thank all of you for your kindness and support during these trying times.  I can't tell you how much it has meant to Dave and I. 

I'll keep you informed.  Right now, the best way to contact me is through email.  I'm really not feeling much like talking.

Arlene

[email protected]

PCH VIPER

:(
Not the news we were hoping for....our support will never stop.

A very sad Lance.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ticketmered

This is truly a sad day for me. It is not often I am speechless; but this is one of those moments.  =16

ViperX

Agree with Lance and Carlos.

Very hard to accept.....

Kala

I'm speechless...

This is very sad news... damn...

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

AceFang

My prayers are constantly with Dave and his family.  Very sad news for a GREAT guy!
John Bennett

NK BREKR

OGO, Arlene and the rest of the family are in our prayers  >o

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Know this is late notice but Arlene just said "OK" for the Friday (tomorrow) drive by of Dave's house.  We'll do the "missing man" formation.  I'll lead, Lance will take up the end spot, leaving a car length or so between him and the car in front of him.

We'll meet at about 10:00 AM at:

Coco's Family Restaurant‎
16759 Bernardo Center Dr, San Diego, CA‎ - (858) 485-9419‎

We'll Depart at 10:20 AM and caravan by Dave's house and return to Coco's for an early lunch if possible.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Here's who we have so far:
Dan/Cathy
Lance
Noel
Eddie
Bruce
Hugh
David A
George
Paul H
Paul/Pam
Greg G

Kala

No way I can make 10 am, so I might try to drive down tonight...
I gotta figure out the best area to stay in... Any clues?

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

PCH VIPER

Kala,
If you are going to stay down in Rancho Bernardo, I've stayed at this place before.

Hilton Garden Inn   17240 Bernardo Center Drive   858-676-1660
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SANBEGI

AceFang

Count me in.  I will see you at 8:30 am at Shady Canyon.
John Bennett

PCH VIPER

Please add
Bat
Randy Begin
Mark
Mike
Ulysses
Eric D

hemotox

Dave

You were one of the first SC Viper members to fellowship me into the club.  Probably because I had a Race Yellow Viper.  We have been good friends ever since.  You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.  I love you, man!  God Speed to you.  You are "Mr. So. California Viper"!  Always so positive and organized, the club was held together with your enthusiasm and guidance.

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008