Dave Cawthorne

Started by PCH VIPER, May 24, 2009, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Calling on the Viper Family...Send Dave "OGO" a get well soon card !

One of the best friends I have made through the club, Dave C. aka OGO  O> has sadly been diagnosed with cancer.  Details are not completely clear at this point, but a positive plan of action is in place and will hopefully get him back behind the wheel of his Race Yellow Viper very soon.

I'm hoping the ENTIRE Viper Family will join me and help keep his spirits high as he begins his solitary battle with this insidious disease. 

Rather than flooding his email or cell phone with messages that he quite honestly has not been spending a lot of time with, I thought this would be a better idea. 
Let's all send him a playing card with whatever Get Well Wishes or sentiment you may want to include, along with your name or screen name on it.  If EVERYONE sends him at least one playing card, he will have a substantially stacked deck of cards in his favor as he begins his battle.

Please mail them to:
Big Brake Dave
17574 Bocage Pt.
San Diego   CA   92128

He has made it very clear, at this point in time, that he will NOT be taking Visitors.
Rest assured that he is in very good care.  We all want to know "How he is doing", but to force him to continually answer that question via email or phone will take away from his much needed focus to deal with what he must go through.
Please respect his request and allow him to get as much rest as he can.
I will post updates on his progress as they become available.

His parts and accessories business  www.davesbigbrakes.com is still up and running thanks to his wife and family.  So do not worry about any pending orders.

We are all part of a very close Viper Family and your support will mean the world to him.

Thanks,
Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Newport Viper

Get well Dave! We will miss you at the events! See you soon!

04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

I spoke with Dave today....He is still in the hospital and undergoing more testing :(
He is bored silly and is looking forward to getting home which will hopefully be in the next few days.

I spent some time and made this for Dave.

All the cards that you guys/gals are sending will end up here.
His spirit is gonna soar when he sees all the cards with your best wishes.
Keep sending them and lets fill this special card holder to the max.

Thanks everyone,

Lance

Kala

Cards and Prayers on the way...

Please keep us updated Lance.
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

I talked to OGO on Monday.
He is still in the hospital, soaking up as many sponge baths  as he can get.

He is crossing his fingers to get home either today or tomorrow.

PCH VIPER

OGO is finally home !
Still fighting an infection, but is no doubt extremely happy to be home.

ViperX

Cathy spoke with Arlene last night and we set a goal of trying to get Dave to the Picnic.

He's getting a real "kick" out of the playing cards.

In this situation, it's good to have goals.  Sure hope he can make it to the picnic.

Dan

Kala

Vintage Marilyn on the road to OGO....

(mods can we get a super girl smiley?
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

admin

From Arlene June 3rd...

Well Dave's finally home.  At least some of him is.  He's skin and bones.  I picked him up last night.  He still has the infection from the bowel being perforated and is on antibiotics and pain pills.  He can't start chemo until the infection is gone so we still don't have a date for that.  Mostly he sits or sleeps.  He's allowed only soft foods and eats very little.  Slowly he'll be allowed to eat solid food again and his appetite will start coming back.  He's definitely glad to be home.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers.  They mean so much to both of us.

Arlene

admin

From Arlene June 10th...

Well we had our follow up appointment today and know pretty much nothing more than we knew before.  They want to do yet another cat scan and maybe he can start chemo in a couple weeks. 

That's it for now.  Dave is doing a little better.  He actually walks around our cul-de-sac everyday.

Arlene

admin

Well Dave is back in the hospital.  I took him in yesterday afternoon.  He now has blood clots in his lungs and is hooked up to yet more machines and medication to thin his blood.  In a day or so they are going to start chemo while he's still in the hospital because at the rate he's going, he won't be ever be out long enough to start it.  I'm guessing he'll be there until at least Monday.  A lot will depend on how fast the clots dissolve and he reacts to chemo.

He was looking so gray and pale before I took him, he's actually looking better.  He's even eating a little more. It's still only soft food, but he's actually eating most of what is given to him.

Arlene

black beauty

PCH VIPER

I talked to OGO briefly today.
As posted earlier, he was back in the hospital but was able to make it  home for Father's Day.
He has to give himself shots everyday to help thin his blood.  This has really taken a lot out of him and he has very little energy right now.  He sounded so winded just from our short 10 minute phone call.  Nonetheless, I was glad to hear from him and really wish there was something that could be done to help him.
Unfortunately this is a solitary battle that only he can fight and it is going to take some time.
He knows we are all thinking of him and it goes without saying that he certainly appreciates all the thoughts and concern.
If you haven't sent him a playing card yet, please take time to do so;  if you already have, send him another.

Lance

Kala

Quote from: PCH VIPER on June 25, 2009, 09:22:33 PM
if you already have, send him another.
OK I'll see what I can find that might interest him  >m