Dyno Day at Stack Performance, April 5, in Anaheim

Started by ViperX, March 09, 2009, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

Quote from: hemotox on April 06, 2009, 06:31:16 PM
question is what did the Heritage Ford GT run and who owns it ?
>v

Don't know how much power it put down, but it has a supercharger.  It's owned by the auto x monster Bruce, who also has a black w/red ACR.

ViperX

Hey Art,

It was a modded engine, bigger blower, tune, exhaust, etc.

Made only 660 something - not sure of the exact number.

Doesn't compare with a highly modded Viper - many of which are 650 to 700 rwhp with just a Paxton.  Some go 750 to 850 ..... mine is over 900.....at the rear wheels.

Dan  <2

hemotox

BHP is a matter of spending the money.  Some of my FGT friends have 1200 BHP with both Hennessey Twin turbos and Superchargers.  Doesn't matter the amount of BHP.  There will always be someone coming down the road with more.  However, there is one major difference between owning a viper and owning a Ford GT.  Driving your viper up PCH on a Saturday afternoon, you get some blinked lights from one coming traffic, someone at a red light gives you a thumbs up, even had one guy last Saturday comment on the color, told me to take it to Willow Springs and "let it out".  I enjoyed that attention and the pure muscle of my viper.  When one is driving a Ford GT, there is a major difference.  Everywhere you go people are taking pictures as they pass you and the FGT on the road.  You park it at Neptune's Net or any restaurant and almost immediately there are 10 people around it, telling stories, taking pictures.  It is an awesome sports car to drive, unbelievable shifting, response, handling, corners melt away.  Everyone is facinated with it, it is one of the most recognizable sports car shapes of all time.  We had a rally to Las Vegas last September.  12 FGTs stopped at Bun Boy in Baker.  We all made a left out of the Bun Boy to take the right turn at the Mad Greek, the entire restaurant came out of the Mad Greek, motioned us to pull over and took photographs of the FGTs in a line.  It is constant attention to the beauty of the car.  I am a viper owner, have been since 2001.  I love my viper, would not change it for anything, even a red car, red shoes, red gloves and paddle shifters.  The So Cal Viper club is the best.  There were only 4038 FGTs built, approximately 25% have been destroyed in accidents.  They are not making it anymore.  It has tremendous sentimental value, as an anniversary car for the celebration of the 1966 sweep of Le Mans by Ford.  Mine has no price.  It is not for sale.  No price, period!  There really is no So Cal FGT club, probably around 60-70 FGTs cars in So California.  So there will never be competition with any car club.  But when you get 12 FGTs together, the highway patrol stop to see them.  Driving the FGT and then my viper, viper is great but it isn't a FGT.  But the FGT was double the price of any viper out there, so one would expect it to drive better.

So BHP and straight line accleration is one aspect, driving a unique FGT is something completely different.

Viva Le Viper et Le Ford GT.

They are both great and both American!  >v

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

Though I'm not a big fan of the Ford GT (I don't fit very well), I would generally agree with Hemotox, driving a unique sports car can be fun or can sometimes get you more attention than you want.  I thought my first couple of Vipers got attention.  The ACR is just sick - it gets more attention than I want most of the time.  I'd guess that the FGT is about the same - too much attention most of the time.

On the subject of driving the cars hard, I would give the nod to the Viper, especially when it comes to price.  I've driven Ford GT's and they just don't have the road feel or handling of the newer Vipers and are a bunch more money.  They are a bit "rear end happy" with more weight back there than I like.  Stock power levels seem to be about equal to the 08 / 09 Vipers.

On the subject of HP / TQ, it's all about money as the Doc says.  I've heard of a few FGT's with turbos making 1000 + hp.  I've also heard of Vipers with turbos making 1500 - 2000 hp, so the Viper gets the nod in the potential HP area too.

These are great times that we are living in.  Let's hope the current Gov doesn't interfere to much.

Dan

PCH VIPER

ahhhhhhh man...........now I have HP Envy   =20
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

ViperX

Doc,

Join us at the track some day with your FGT.

Then give the Viper a try.

We'll be running the infield course at Fontana in June.  Very safe track for newbies - good place to learn to drive the car(s).

Dan

hemotox

Good invite, what are the dates?  My FGT has a better life than I do!

2000 BHP achievable in FGT with Hennessey Twin Turbo and Blower.  So its, the Money, who ever wants to spend the dough, will crank the most BHP.

How we doing on getting the SoCalViper Clubbers out for the San Jacinto Aerial tram on the 25th of this month???
Nice turn out would be great.

ViperX

EJ,

Advanced Car Control Clinic is June 13, 14 with Speed Ventures at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.  Check out the Track Events section for more info.

DE  <2

hemotox

looks like the max personal bhp on the Ford GT Forum is 1450 bhp.  That's out of an 8 cylinder 5.4 liter engine.   <2 <2 <2

Super Villain

Quote from: hemotox on April 09, 2009, 09:08:58 AM
looks like the max personal bhp on the Ford GT Forum is 1450 bhp.  That's out of an 8 cylinder 5.1 liter engine.   <2 <2 <2

Don't the Ford GT's come with a 5.4 liter engine?
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

hemotox

you are right, post corrected.  I think the viper has a much higher potential with 10 cylinders.  But at this level of bhp, where's the noticable difference?

ViperX

At the very highest levels of HP / TQ, the difference is found in the one mile races and top speed events where traction and aerodynamics come into play.

Viper normally does very well here, beating out the Bugatti Veyron among others in the one mile races.

FGT does well too.

Dan

ViperX

Just spoke with Ryan.

He (and I) noticed how well the Corsa Track Exhaust did on the 2008 convertible with the Belanger headers and Mopar controller, 595 hp / 575 tq.

He's offering some special pricing on Corsa Exhaust systems.  Contact Ryan for more info.

I already have mine - look out Mike B!

Dan  <2

Super Villain

The dyno board from that day.  I had to photoshop in some missing bits ;)

Also here is my write up and video: http://socalviper.com/forum/index.php?topic=965.0

" border="0
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan