WESTERN ZONE RENDEZVOUS - March 20 - 22

Started by admin, January 08, 2009, 05:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Chris,

Are you planning to attend????  Didn't see your name on the list .....

Hey Kala,

You know, you could likely drive this entire road course in 3rd gear ..... and have fun doing it. 

On the drags, I was taking pictures from all kinds of angles last year so you may be able to get the photos you want.  I'd call Mopars and ask.  don't have a slick video camera .... yet.

Hey Lance,

O> is alway "stiring the pot".

Dan

racecars

WA  >v I wouldn't do that  >4

OGO  O> O> O>

Kala

Quote from: ViperX on March 16, 2009, 10:13:26 AM

Hey Kala,

You know, you could likely drive this entire road course in 3rd gear ..... and have fun doing it. 

On the drags, I was taking pictures from all kinds of angles last year so you may be able to get the photos you want.  I'd call Mopars and ask.  don't have a slick video camera .... yet.

Dai is going to call MATS today. She's trying to get Lance & I photographers credentials...  I'm getting another knee injection on Wed, I may end up driving more than I think right now. We'll see how it goes.

Here is the next video camera I'm gonna pick up for in car, easy carry around vids... Its coming out later this month or April. Canon HF S100 about $1100 works on memory sticks.

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

PCH VIPER

Hey Kala,
I didn't have a photogragher pass last year,  I just pretty much walked right in and started shooting pictures.  I guess they figured I was supposed to be there.

I have the Sony HDSR10.  It works great in the hand.  DOES NOT WORK when mounted inside the car.  The car's vibration shuts it down to save the hard drive from getting damaged.  Video shot by hand from inside the car is a bit rough to watch as it is usually pretty bouncy....plus its kind of difficult driving and shooting video while talking on the cell and weaving in and out of traffic.  >l
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

Quote from: copperhead on March 15, 2009, 10:31:22 PM
so is the wife or the girl friend going with you to vegas lance =5

<   You know I gotta bring my wife out now........especially since you aren't bringing Beth to Vegas for me !

Come on out....there will be two  '08 vipers for the auto-x.  We can see who knocks down the most cones ! Loser has to set all the cones back up while I have lunch with Beth !   >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kala

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 16, 2009, 12:26:26 PM
Hey Kala,
I didn't have a photogragher pass last year,  I just pretty much walked right in and started shooting pictures.  I guess they figured I was supposed to be there.

Do you think they will let me into the concrete barrier area behind the start line? Did you see where I set up cameras at Cal? Something like that is what I was thinking about.

The HD lockup problem is why I want to go with the new SD media cameras, no HD at all. I felt so bad for the guy who loaned me his camera for the Comp Coupe ride, then I brought it back half dead  =16 At least he got the DVD out and his camera working again  >v
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Speedy Gonzales

=16 she doesn't want to come out to big events right now she wants her time to be with me, because she doesn't get much so when she gets the time off she wants to relax, as far as me coming, i haven't signed up and im not sure if i will go, i was thinking instead of spending the money there i would go to D but im not going there as of right now either, so as usual i haven't mad any plans, and that is how i met her, i didn't sign up for voi and then i went to D and asked her to let me in the event the day of the event 2k miles away.
Chris
AMS Flooring

Newport Viper

current weather.com forcast on Sat is............

77 degrees! and 0% chance of rain!
   >g
04 SRT-10

Baxters

See ya there. We're in for some fun!!!! <2

kenalker

Quote from: DEDLY4U on March 10, 2009, 10:11:40 PM
We have maybe five cars going out on Thursday.  Some can meet in Torrance at the Starbucks in 190th Street and we are then going to connect with others at the Chevron station on Foothill Blvd and the 15.

Mike & Cheryl

We (Ken and Lena) will join up too!  We are coming from Goleta (Santa Barbara area) so we might go across the Pearblossom Hwy to Victorville instead of dropping down to the 210 to meet you at the Chevron at Foothill.  If we do that, we could either meet up with everyone somewhere in Victorville (suggestions?) or maybe just meet up at the Barstow Outlet off Lenwood in Barstow where they have gas and food (Cathy's suggestion).

Anyone know how busy the 101/134/210 gets (especially near the 405) if one is passing through from around 8:30-9:30am (in case we go that way)?

Kala

Hi Ken
We are leaving from Ojai on Thursday morning. We plan to take Pearblossom to Victorville.
I doubt you'll want to see the 210 at that time in the morning  >6

Call me if you want to caravan to Victorville 558-2473

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10

Kala

We woke up late this morning... So we will not be hooking up with the caravan this morning.

See everyone in Vegas later today!

black beauty

<m We're still waiting to get our car back, so we'll have to leave later today or tomorrow.  BUT WE WILL BE THERE!
See ya! <2

ViperX

OK,

So what are you having done to your car now????