WESTERN ZONE RENDEZVOUS - March 20 - 22

Started by admin, January 08, 2009, 05:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Dave,

Yes.  Not sure of the configuration yet, but likely the green outline.  Fun track, nice and wide, safe run off.

SV,

Last year it was the 1,2,3 yellows, then go.

Track was well prepped.

Cathy ran 12.3, I ran 12.2 in our 2006 Coupe (headers, K & N's only on street tires).

Most "stock" or near stock guys ran mid 12's to mid 13's.

We had a couple of 11's, some 10's and some 9's as well.

Dan  <2

PS Too bad you can't make Buttonwillow, it's a very fun track to run in a Viper.

Newport Viper

Thanks Dan,

Here is what another website says about the 1.8 mile Las Vegas Roadcourse.

The 1.8 mile Classic Course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is a really fun track to ride that is comprised of nine turns. A couple of nice straights for speed, a high speed sweeper that all drivers like, and several corners that will challenge any driver technical driving ability. Some drivers have called it a cross between Willow Springs Road Course and the Streets of Willow tracks. Really has a great flow to it!

04 SRT-10

ViperX

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10

Super Villain

Quote from: ViperX on February 12, 2009, 12:32:57 PM

SV,

Last year it was the 1,2,3 yellows, then go.

Cathy ran 12.3, I ran 12.2 in our 2006 Coupe (headers, K & N's only on street tires).

Most "stock" or near stock guys ran mid 12's to mid 13's.

We had a couple of 11's, some 10's and some 9's as well.

Dan  <2

PS Too bad you can't make Buttonwillow, it's a very fun track to run in a Viper.

Ah good then that means I can get some worthwhile practice in at Irwindale before hand.  John at CCW is making me an extra set of wheels to mount M&H drag radials on 345/35R18...woo-hoo!

I'll also have American Racing headers and Classic Chambered Mufflers on by then.  Will also get a tune at DC.  I already have the Quaife 3.55 and upgraded axle shafts along with KW variant 2 suspension.  Raptor shift light should help too.  We'll see what times I run at Irwindale and then see what happens in Vegas.

As for Buttonwillow, yea wouldn't you know it that my birthday weekend where I had made plans to be out of town is when they choose to have Viper Days...er...NARRA.  Hope you guys have fun and that it stays dry.  Wonder how many non-Vipers will be there?
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

SV,

Anxious to see how your car dyno's with the mods, assuming it's your Viper that's modded.

I'm guessing you'll break into the 11's with a good launch.  Elevation is about 2000 feet, so times aren't always the best.

We would have bought you a cake if you could have made VD / NARRA.   >q

Doubt that there will be many non-Vipers at BW - maybe a few as always.  I enjoy passing them.....

Dan

black beauty

<L I'm getting really excited @ this!  We had so much fun last year!  Is anyone else going over on Thursday?  Maybe we could meet up with Super Villain to drive over? >j

Newport Viper

I'm booked and my girlfriend Mariko is dying to drag and auto X.  >w

Can hardly wait!

I want to catch up to the OC crew on the way out.

I can go Friday early AM, would like to get a full day in instead of getting there in the afternoon......

Anyone else from the Palm Springs desert area want to join up?
04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

Hey Copperhead Chris,
You better round up some of the AZ boys for a little competition.
We can see who knocks over the least cones. =15

We can wager..........BETH !!!!!   >g
<D    <L

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

If you are planning on doing this event you need to get signed up now !
It is a bit confusing but all the details are spelled out in the FIRST post.

Mopars at the Strip was a blast last year.  We paid our admission fee to get into the Drag strip and watch  some really cool Mopars run the 1/4 mile. 
If you sign up with Mopars, you too can run the 1/4 mile in a Viper only run group.

You must register with MATS in order to get admission into the drags.
The VCA rents the Skybox for us to watch the drags from.

This year, in addition to the drags, the Viper Club has set up it's own driving event on Saturday.
We will be doing an Auto-X and also get to run the road course.

This is a separate deal from the drags.  If you want to participate in this, you must send in your registration by March 6th !!!
The cost is $100.00 per head for EACH attendee at the track.  Spouse, Passengers or guests attending must also pay the $100.00 as this costs covers lunch, shirt and helps offset the insurance costs while you are at the event.

The Club is also having a Dinner on Saturday night.  This is being held at the host hotel and will be a great time.
Again, each attendee must sign up and pay $50.00 for this as a separate event.  Deadline is March 6th !!!

For those who did not make their Hotel reservations at the Aliante in time to get the special rate,  I believe good rates are still available via the internet.  I highly recommend that you do this ASAP as rooms will sell out shortly and you will then be forced to stay on the strip.  Last year we stayed on the strip and the TRAFFIC was a major PIA !!!  Not fun in the Viper.

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

I am meeting up with a bunch of guys on Friday morning to make the trip out to Vegas.
Since people will be coming from all parts of SoCal, the best place for us to meet up is off the 15 Fwy north of the 10 Fwy.

We will be meeting at the Chevron off of the 15 Fwy and  Foothill Blvd.
Address is:
12659 Foothill Blvd
Etiwanda, CA 91739

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=12659+Foothill+Blvd,+Etiwanda,+CA+91739&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.724817,56.25&ie=UTF8&ll=34.107434,-117.528734&spn=0.008866,0.013733&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

We will meet at 9:30 and leave by 9:45

Please let me know if you are going to drive with us.

Lance /Lori
Eddie/Gladys
David/Mariko
Dave/Lisa
Paul/Pam
Ben/Michelle
Art/Cynthia
Bruce/Grace
Gary/Melissa
Curtis
Tom/Shawn
Dave/Diane

Thanks
Lance

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Newport Viper on February 26, 2009, 09:55:14 AM
Do we have a SoCal head count yet??

I'm working on it now.

Lots of people saying yes.......but REGISTRATION FORMS  not sent in yet !!!!  (Ok, I just sent mine in yesterday  <F )

P.S.  I was going to use your suggestion for a meet point....but Ontario Mills get so congested that I didn't want to deal with it.

racecars

OGO is all signed up and ready to go >c

Hey Lori, I even have a few crap tables bucks  >1 <F <F <F

OGO  O> O> O>

ViperX

Michael Von Quilich went to the track on Tuesday with Marcos and was so impressed that he decided to bring his ACR and run with us (he was planning to bring his 06 coupe before he saw it).

This is a really neat little track that I'm sure eveyone will enjoy, rookies to experienced drivers.

We are planning on two run groups, doing lead follow for the first session or two as detailed above.

Don't miss this one.

Dan  <2