NARRA / VIPER DAYS at Buttonwillow Raceway February 20 - 22

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2008, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

Mike,  I'll have my eye on your car  >w

Lance,  I'll meet you guys at Denny's on Friday.  You'll be happy to know that my ticket was dismissed  >v >r

PCH VIPER

>v   Your good looks and amazing charm got you out of another ticket     >s
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Haha!  It was actually the trail of donuts and assorted baked goods <Z I laid out at the CHP station that brought on a sugar induced coma that temporarily paralyzed the CHiPs. >r

ViperX

Hey Art,

You're always willing to do whatever it takes - that's what I like about you!

D

Nino Valmassoi

Nino and Ruth will be there.  We have signed up with NARRA and have the room at the Four Points. 

Lance, we are planning to meet with the group at the 5 and Roxford!  Don't be late. >s

Nino

DavidSB

I'm in and going to run my Neon track car on Hossier's. Dan Cragin got it all sorted out, dyno'd and ready to go. I'm trailering it up and will arrive Friday around 2 PM. See everyone then.
David
PS: I've got a set of almost new (<1,000 miles) OEM Pilot Sport run-flats (SRT-10 size) listed in the classifieds for sale. If anyone is interested, I can deliver them to you at the track.

Scottp

Hi Dan,

I'm signed up for the track and have my room resevations.  Being a 1st timer I'm really looking forward to it - I hope all goes well!

Lance - if possible I'd like to rendezvous with you on Friday - have you set a time and place yet? 

Thanks,
Scott Pennington

PCH VIPER

Hey Scott,
I'm glad you are coming with us !  Should be a lot of fun.
The tentative plan right now is to leave Spaghettini's around 10:00.
This should put us in Sylmar by 11:00.  We will meet up with the LA guys at the Denny's off the 5 fwy and Roxford.
From there we will head into Bakersfield, grab lunch and be at the track in time to get checked in and have the cars tech'd.

I'll firm this up once I'm sure everyone who wants to caravan with us can be there at these times.

See ya!

NK BREKR

Scott,

Great to hear you'll be able to make it to Buttonwillow, you're going to have a blast.

Yo Lance,
I'll definitely be waiting at the Denny's and I'm going to drive at 55 mph >w  I'll be waiting there with my "free" grand slam from today  =19.

catwood

I just posted up an ad for dedicated track rim in the for sale section.  Save your stock or custom wheels for the street and run these light weight forgelines at BW.  They are light and strong and you'll shave minutes off of Dan's times   ;)

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Too bad you sold your car - looked forward to running with you this year.  Hopefully in the future.....

You guys that need wheels should snap these Forgelines up.

Hey Art and Lance,

Cathy and Drew will be driving my GTS at Viper Days in the Green Group.  Good luck with Drew .....

Running the new ACR at Willow Springs this weekend with Michael VonQuilich at a Speed Ventures event.  Should be fun.  Goal for WS this year is under 1:30.  Goal at BW is under 2:00.  Got real close last year to both times.  New ACR should make the difference.

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

Hey Dan,

I'll be ready  <2.

I'm sure you'll be able to reach those goals. 

Configuration #13 is shorter than what we ran in Feb 2008, what configuration did we run last year??? <t

PCH VIPER

Tell Drew I'm glad he's coming too.  I just hope he doesn't lap me. 

Hey Art, no Star Mazda turn this year !   =15

NK BREKR

That's what I tought, it's going to be interesting going to be interesting going through the Esses this time around.

ViperX

Hey Art,

Yeah, we're running Race 13 clockwise as I understand it.  No Star Mazda and no "extension" at the other end of the track.

This is a very good configuration.  It's actually safer this way IMHO and a bit faster too.  Though I like Star Mazda, that extension can unsettle the car (not sure why we ran it last year).

The "sweeper" that we are running instead of Star Mazda puts you right into the "Esses".  Be careful here as you enter the Esses as that first berm can be slippery if you approach it too fast or at the wrong angle.  I just line the car up and drive right on top of it.

D  <2