NARRA / VIPER DAYS at Buttonwillow Raceway February 20 - 22

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2008, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Viper Days (North American Road Racing Association) returns to California at Buttonwillow Raceway Park with a test and tune day on Friday, Feb 20 and Driving School activities held on Saturday and Sunday, Feb 21 and Feb 22.

This is the only scheduled stop in California for 2009, so don't miss it!

Track side support is provided by Archer Racing.  The are one of the best places to get your Viper properly aligned.  They can also do routine maintenance and repairs at the track if you don't get your oil or other fluids changed in time by one of our local vendors or have an issue at the track. 

Call John Archer for more information or a service appointment at:  218-727-4806

Dan  <2

HOST HOTEL:

Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
5101 California Avenue • Bakersfield, California 93309 • United States
Phone: (661) 325-9700 call and refer to NARRA/Viper Days to get the group rate of $80 per night. 

Dan and I will be checking in on Thursday.  Dan will be running "test and tune" on Friday.  FYI: The "funnest" way to do this is plan to arrive at the track on Friday...by 3PM would be great, meet up with us, get your car tech'd, etc.  We'll then we'll go back to the hotel, check in, and go to dinner... 

If that doesn't work out and you arrive directly at the hotel on Friday evening, that would be OK too, you can check in with NARRA registration, then time permitting, go to dinner with us.  Keep in mind, however, it will be quite hectic when getting your car tech'd on Saturday morning.

The plan...

=21 Arrive on Friday – head home on Sunday evening.

=15 Plan to run/drive all day Saturday & Sunday – you'll get 4 sessions on the track each day with classroom and in-car instruction.  We'll have a garage to hang out in stocked with goodies to munch and friends to share driving stories with.

=22 Wear comfy clothes, but you must drive in a helmet, long pants, a long sleeve shirt (preferably cotton) closed toed shoes, and driving gloves are recommended.

<t FRIDAY: Registration:  If you didn't check in at the track on Friday, you'll register for the event Friday evening at the hotel.

=19  FRIDAY Evening:  Join us for dinner at El Torito, ½ mile from the hotel at 7PM

=20 SATURDAY Evening: NARRA dinner banquet style, dress is business casual

CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN AND REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
: http://www.narraonline.com/registration.php

CLICK HERE FOR GENERAL INFO ABOUT NARRA/VIPER DAYS: http://www.narraonline.com/index.php

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM: NARRA

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FRIDAY TEST & TUNE's REGISTRATION FORM: BAMF

LANCE'S FRIDAY CARAVAN: 
     10AM; DEPART SPAGHETTINI'S IN SEAL BEACH AT 10AM Map to Spaghettini's
     11AM; ARRIVE DENNY'S IN SYLMAR OFF THE 5 FWY AND ROXFORD Map to Denny's
     Lunch; Just before you arrive at the track

>q WE'RE UP TO 30 PEOPLE FOR DINNER ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!! >q
[/size]

MEMBERS PLANNING TO ATTEND:  >v

Bruce Conklin
Nino Valmassoi
Lance Kouchi
Dan Everts
Mike Buckingham
Jim Schlemm
Drew Everts
Cathy Everts
Kobi Sial
Pete Martin
Dave Dolan
Bruce Li
Michael "Rev" Burgoyne
Chris Sienicki
Art Pena
Ben Kawata
Dave Cawthorne
Scott Pennington
Tim Jelle
Shelli Jelle
Justin Davenport
Josh Faux
Eddie Martin
Kim Link
Rich Link
Mike Fujita
Eddie Reinsma
Carlos

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Here's the contact info for the new General manger of Viper Days:

Kevin's Contact info is [email protected] or the office number is 866-736-2805.

You can call Kevin directly for more info or to sign up.

Also good news, they have LOWERED the entry fees for the Challenge Series (basic Viper Days run groups).

As always, there will be a reception on Friday night and a dinner on Saturday night.

We've already rented a garage for our group and will bring drinks and snacks.

Hope to see everyone there.

Dan  <m

racecars

OGO has his room reserved  >u  >u =14

Jan 31st is our first run of the new year (Polar Bear Run 09)Palomar Mountain Climb  <2 lunch later.

More details later

OGO  O> O> O>

racecars

Hey Track Junkie's

Here's the hotel at Button Willow out by the track 10 Miles  >r

661-764-5121

OGO  O> O> O>

PCH VIPER

I tried registering online....still not working.
I'll probably just call it in tomorrow.

Who else is going???

If I'm the only one, I'll get First Place   >g
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

It will at least be you, me, Cathy and OGO.

Watch out for Cathy, she'll be running in your group.  She should be fast.  I just added some power to the white car by removing the crossover exhaust system ..... and Archer corner-weighted and aligned it.  She'll be running Kumhos on SSR's.  Car now should weigh only 3300 lbs at track time.

I'll be running in my new, slow ACR so I should'nt be a factor.

Dan

NK BREKR

PCH VIPER

NK BREKR

Quote from: PCH VIPER on January 07, 2009, 12:05:39 PM
And just like that I'm in 3rd place !

Don't listen to him Cathy, he's just trying to psyche us out, remember he hangs out with "slow" Eddie quite often and we've all seen him drive at K1. >1

Kadeuces

I just signed up too!!

Ruth (in charge of registration) said that the NARRA recommmends that everyone stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield.  If you mention the NARRA group discount, you can get a room for $80 / night!
The banquet is going to be held here as well as friday registration in the lobby.

You can call the Sheraton at (661) 325-9700.

Or as recommended above by OGO, you can stay at the Red Roof Inn which is a little closer to the track and a few dollars less.

Looking forward to some more direction and fun in the sun. 
Lance, I'll take 3rd now...

>g

Kadeuces

Directions to the Sheraton:

Take 5 North, then take 99 North, then exit California Ave, turn left going West and its about 2 miles down on the left hand side.

NK BREKR

Kobi,
Glad to hear you're going to make it.

Where are the Mike Bs, Deadly4u, Cousin Mike, Swiss Power, Mr. Vegas & Mr. Kawata?  >c >1

ViperX

The banquet is at the Four Points Sheraton, where it usually is held.  Walking to your room after the banquet = priceless.

We just reserved our room too.

I'd recommend everyone who can stay there.

Drive to the track isn't too bad.

Glad to hear from Kobi again.

Art, you need to make this one ..... so does fast Eddie and Kala.

Kala's got a ride with Mike Greenberg in his comp coupe.  Know she'll get a kick out of that!

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

I'll be going too. Haven't decided where to stay yet.
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

Who wants to cruise up together on Friday ?

I'm thinking about meeting at Spaghettini's in Seal Beach around 10:00  and leave by 10:15
Take the 5 on up to Roxford in Sylmar.  We should be there around 11:00.   
Take the 5  north to McKittrick Hwy and stop off for gas and lunch. 
We'll have plenty of time to get to the track and get signed in and have the cars tech'd.

Let me know who is coming with me.    >v